New TRU ad

tubtub

CAGiversary!
Feedback
29 (100%)
I don't think this has been posted. March 28th theres a few interesting things in the ad.

Buy 2 get the third free on select Gamecube Player's Choice Titles(Luigi's Mansion, Pikmin, Super Mario Sunshine, Super Smash Brothers, Starfox, Metroid Prime). I think those are all the titles, but there may be more listed.

GBA Cat in the Hat $5 off( sale $14.99 reg $19.99)

Playstation 2 Soul Calibur 2 $10 off(sale $29.99 reg $39.99). May be for all 3 systems on sale, only PS2 listed.

Intec X-box controllers $10 off($14.99 reg $24.99)

XB Mini controller $10 off($9.99 reg $19.99)

PS2 Monopoly($14.99 reg $19.99)

PS2 Risk $15 off($14.99 reg $29.99)

XB Starter Kit $10 off($19.99 reg $29.99)

PS2 Jeopardy $5 off($14.99 reg $19.99)

PS2 Wheel of Fortune $5 off($14.99 reg $19.99)

Mini-controller for only $5 when you buy Pokemon Colosseum

$10 off the Intec Wheel when you buy Project Gotham 2

There's also a GBA SP Value pack listed for around $130 I believe.

sweet that buy 2 get the third gc game sounds awesome. i think i'll finally pick up starfox, metroid, and mario sunshine. thanx

Starfox is a crappy game. It to slow paced but none the less think I'll finally pick up Luigis Mansion and SSB.

:evil: BAH! I just got Luigi's Mansion last week. Do you know if Sonic Adventure 2 is on the list? Or Pac Man? Or SpiderMan?

Edit: Just checked the list. Cool! I'm doing some major shopping.

Nope, it is only select games listed. Also as far as I know there are no subsituitons yet. The Pokemon Controller is a Inteck Mini controller that has nothing to do with Pokemon. It is clear (see thru) and has orange and gold. Not that bad if you need a spare.

Also a heads up, PGR2 is dropping in price like after this add. So you can basically get PGR2 and a Racing Wheel (they suck anyway) for $30. Just ask a manager if the price drops within a few weeks if you can come back and get the difference. I believe they do that for at least 2 weeks.

Damn, that sounds like a great deal. If I still had the cash, I'd be all over Metroid Prime, Super Smash Bros. Melee, and Animal Crossing.

Of course, I don't own a Cube, so...

well dont get too excited on animal crossing and other players choice games, cause like he said its on "select Gamecube Player's Choice Titles".... well it still wont stop me from hoping....

Yes, its only select Players Choice Titles. Right now I think its only those I listed(stores have been getting tons of those Players Choice games in stock the past week, the only one I'm surprised wasn't listed is Monkey Ball as stores are swamped with those).

Also, if you do buy PGR2 and the wheel deal and want to get the difference back when PGR2s price drops, you could end up getting screwed. Some stores can be jerks about giving back the difference saying that it's part of a promotion, so in order to get the difference back for PGR2 they may refund the wheel and PGR2, then rering everything up, charging regular price for the wheel and the new price for PGR2. It all depends on who you talk to, so YMMV on that.

Edit: Also, it's policy if the price drops within 30 days after you purchased the item, you can get the price difference back, but for promotions they usually make you return all items and rering them up.

How much are this 'Players Choice' games? Cause ive seen some for $29.99 and some for $19.99.. if its $20, i'll go for SMS, SSBM and maybe pikmin or AC if its included.

Why not the Pacman game with the VS disc?!
heres the list from that other thread

Agent Under Fire
Animal Crossing
Luigi's Mansion
Metroid Prime
Pikmin
Resident Evil
Resident Evil 0
Rogue Leader
Sonic Adventure 2
Spider-man
Super Mario Sunshine
Super Monkey Ball
Super Smash Brothers
Star Fox Adventures

[quote name='tubtub']There's also a GBA SP Value pack listed for around $130 I believe.[/quote]

Is this a GBA SP system + accessories / games?

If it's just one of those gigantic accessory packs, I think Value pack is a bit of a misnomer.

[quote name='DestinyHero']That list is old. The Player's Choice lineup has over 30 games.[/quote]

would you or anyone else happen to have this list?

what games would you guys recommend?

I know I will for sure get Super Smash Bros & Super Monkey Ball but I don't know what the third should be. I am debating between Pikmin and Animal Crossing. I don't know much about either but I hear they are good.

EDIT: will this sale be available online? Or is it just B&M. And does anyone have a copy of the ad?

It's a 3rd party gamecube controller but really small....I mean seriously small. If you think the GCN controller is small, then you'd laugh at this one. It's probably made with the kindergartner in mind or something. It looked like it was a key chain or something...at least to me

[quote name='D4rkewolfe']It's a 3rd party gamecube controller but really small....I mean seriously small. If you think the GCN controller is small, then you'd laugh at this one. It's probably made with the kindergartner in mind or something. It looked like it was a key chain or something...at least to me[/quote]
lol thats small but im sure the xbox one is good for some people

does anyone know if these "select titles" vary from store to store? I'm gonna head down to one tomrw morning. Not sure if I should bother checking the other in my area.

I just wanted to let everyone know that Animal Crossing will also ring up as part of the buy 2 get 1 free deal at the TRU stores(not online). The reason it wasn't listed in the ad was they weren't sure they would have enough in stores by the ad break, but it will ring up as buy 2 get 1 free.

[quote name='bsesb2003']Just picked up Risk $15 and free shipping to boot. Not bad, but I have no idea if the game is any good.[/quote]

Reader ratings at Gamespot gave it 8.2, but no detailed reviews. Got only 70% at Gamerankings, http://gamerankings.com/htmlpages2/562101.asp
with IGN pretty much trashing it, with a 2.8 http://ps2.ign.com/articles/440/440397p1.html?fromint=1 Readers there, though, gave it 7.3.
Ratings really go all over the board, from 2.8/10 and 2/5 [Stuff], to 9.8/10 from Digital Entertainment. Lot of 6/10 and 7/10 though.
My brother brought it up when he visited a while ago, and we enjoyed playing it--it seemed kind of slow, but you can turn off some features to speed it up a bit. I also didn't play single player, which is what I'd be doing mostly if I got it, so I have no idea if the AI is any good. Apparently not many people play online either, and there may be some challenges to getting online.
I'm interested in it, fifteen bucks new isn't bad, and I definitely like the game itself, but there's other stuff I'm wanting more, and limited cash [well, credit] to go around.
Anyone else have this, and care to comment?

bread's done
Back