Scratches on CD

ets

CAGiversary!
Feedback
7 (100%)
I'm collecting Gamecube games before I play them, and recently purchased some at Hollywood Video. I noticed on one of my purchases there are a couple scratches on the CD, so I was wondering if there any common error signs to figure out if its in playable condition.

You could play it.

All kidding aside, you can try resurfacing it if it gives you an error. Or return it and get it somewhere else.

Do any of the HWV stores near you have a Game Crazy? If so, ask GC if they'll resurface it for you(free of charge, since it was bought from the same company).

I have a similar problem. Except all my gamecube games have this weird dust like substance sticking onto the disk. It is really weird and I do not know how it happens becasue my gamecube disks are either in my gamecube,wii or the case.:(

I don't know exactly what they did, but they asked to clean them before and I agreed. It looked like they but it in between some sponges and ran the machine which spun it.

I bought a copy of Mario Power Tennis from Gamestop and the disc looked horrendous. Lots of awful looking scratches running around the disc in exactly the way you don't want them to. Yet the game plays perfectly. We've not had any problems with it at all. The GC reads the disc fine and it plays fine. Unfortunately (at least without running/having the ability to run homebrew software) there is no way to be sure. You'll find out eventually.

[quote name='crunchewy']I bought a copy of Mario Power Tennis from Gamestop and the disc looked horrendous. Lots of awful looking scratches running around the disc in exactly the way you don't want them to. Yet the game plays perfectly. We've not had any problems with it at all. The GC reads the disc fine and it plays fine. Unfortunately (at least without running/having the ability to run homebrew software) there is no way to be sure. You'll find out eventually.[/QUOTE]

I had a similar experience with a game I got off Gamestop.com. Seeing how scratched up it was I was sure I would return it to a B&M location, but I decided to try it and it seemed to play fine. Granted, I only played it for a few hours, but I decided to keep it rather than return it since I hardly ever see it come in stock at the locations near me.

bread's done
Back