Disc Replay's New prices!!!

Sinnbox

CAGiversary!
Disc Replay opened a store about 30 minutes from my house last fall, I enjoyed going there beacuse they get 100-300 trades in a day so they always have a good selection and low prices, I got ICO for $10, Pikmin 2 for $20, to name 2 of the over 50 games i purchased there last winter. I hadnt gone there in 2 months and was off work today so idecided to go see what i could get, the moment i walked in and saw all the shelves were stuffed i got super excited about the deals i was going to get. when i started looking at prices I realzed why the shelves were full!! $42 for Mario party 7? $40+ Mario Kart: DD? $42 for Smash Melee? $70 for FFVII(GH)? $25 for Metal Gear solid 3: subsistence(It was 3.99 untill mid march)? these prices are insane!! Ebay+20% anyone? when i commented to the manager that the prices seemed higher than the last time i visited he replied that they got a new guy from EB games that told them their prices are good.(WTF???) the manager has no idea about games he told me that DVD movies are hard on th ePS@ lazer eye but games don't cause any damage, and that people that use a PS3 for blu-Ray are just asking for thier console to die.

so in other words my favorite gaming store in now my least favorite, have all the disc replay's bumped prices up now days or just mine?

the only thing i ever heard about dvds on ps2s/xboxs is that they never stop using the laser. With a game, it caches it to memory so it can take ease of the laser...not sure if that was ever true or not.

I have a PS3 with one blu ray that is probably going out on a trade soon. I Just have an SDTV for right now, so it all just looks the same to me. No use using the PS3 as another DVD player

And yes, those game prices are ridiculous. I remember when their prices used to be wayyyyy lower.

[quote name='Sinnbox'] they got a new guy from EB games that told them their prices are good.(WTF???)[/quote]

[quote name='Sinnbox']The prices were the best in town, I'm better off going to EB now!![/quote]Ah, it seems EB sent in a mole to implode their business model and scare away customers. The motive is so clear now!

I can vouch for this happening to the two Disc Replays I used to frequent. Since last summer, they've come under "new management" that gives less for trade-ins but charges more for the games. Since then, their stock has basically not changed at all. Their prices are sometimes the same as getting it new. Example: Dead Rising - $30. $30! You can literally walk a few hundred feet down the sidewalk, go into Best Buy, and get it new for that much.

It's sad because I know a guy in one of them who's always been a nice guy and such, but now I don't want to bother going there anymore. :(

bread's done
Back