Everyday Shooter NOW Available On Steam!

been playing it for awhile tonight
i've come to the conclusion that the 360 controller is FAR superior to the PS3 controller for this game :D

ps: buy this game now :mad:

I hope someone makes a rip of this now that it's on PC. Even just the bare tracks themselves would be cool, but hearing someone else's interpretation of all the in-game sounds would be awesome.

I'll probably end up buying it after a while, but I don't even play Geometry Wars that often on PC, so I dunno.

Does the shooting go all directions or is it limited to just horizontal, vertical and the four in between like the PS3 version? ...er, if I'm making sense. If you've played the PS3 version, I think you'd understand.

I bought it on PSN awhile back and I wasn't that enamored with it. It was great for the first hour or two but I just went straight back to Super Stardust HD after.

How much does this cost on PS3? Its great this stuff is getting ported to PC, but I would think $5 makes more sense than $10. If we just get a bunch of ports of PS3 and Live Arcade stuff, that's going to get old if it is as expensive or more so.

They didn't even add 16:10 resolution to this port. . .

[quote name='turls']How much does this cost on PS3? Its great this stuff is getting ported to PC, but I would think $5 makes more sense than $10. If we just get a bunch of ports of PS3 and Live Arcade stuff, that's going to get old if it is as expensive or more so.

They didn't even add 16:10 resolution to this port. . .[/quote]

If I recall correctly, it was $10 (+tax). Which reminds me... why don't more people complain about there being tax on PSN games? Although they get the "add x.xx amount to purchase game" right.

I picked this up for $4.99 when it was onsale on the PSN... simply awesome game. Very, very highly recommended if you like dual stick shooters at all.

[quote name='Hostile']If I recall correctly, it was $10 (+tax). Which reminds me... why don't more people complain about there being tax on PSN games? Although they get the "add x.xx amount to purchase game" right.[/quote]

There is tax on the PSN? Wow, that must suck, I live in Alaska, well that's worst but there is no tax for me. So I guess it depends on where you live, maybe if you change your address or whatever you can avoid the taxes.

[quote name='Hostile']If I recall correctly, it was $10 (+tax). Which reminds me... why don't more people complain about there being tax on PSN games? Although they get the "add x.xx amount to purchase game" right.[/quote]

ummm....what?

I've never paid tax for ANY game on PSN.

[quote name='az0madman']Does the shooting go all directions or is it limited to just horizontal, vertical and the four in between like the PS3 version? ...er, if I'm making sense. If you've played the PS3 version, I think you'd understand.[/QUOTE]
I'm going to assume you're still limited to shooting in 8 directions. The reason why you were this limited in the first place is that the game was originally developed on PC. Playing with the keyboard, you can only aim in 8 directions. Kind of dumb that the PS3 version inherits a limitation from the PC, but what are you gonna do.

[quote name='mtxbass1']ummm....what?

I've never paid tax for ANY game on PSN.[/QUOTE]Some people get taxed on PSN (I believe states who charge sales tax on online purchases).

Anyway, I thought ES shooter was cool, but just not as good as SSD HD. Worth it on Steam though.

[quote name='wampa8jedi']I picked this up for $4.99 when it was onsale on the PSN... simply awesome game. Very, very highly recommended if you like dual stick shooters at all.[/quote]

No way then this should be $9 on Steam. You don't have Sony to payoff, and Valve shouldn't be getting anywhere near what Sony extorts. I figure there will begin to be a flood of these ports, and next time I will wait for a $5 price point on sale.

At least once in a while I can find a deal on Live points, no such luck with Steam.

a lot of you guys don't understand that Jonathan Mak was originally going to release for PC only, but then the attention he got from winning so many awards had sony pick up his game

also, i beleive he fixed the analog stick shooting on the PC version
on the 360, it feels much more smooth (can shoot wherever)

those complaining about the price, you are nuts!
totally worth the $10 :)

[quote name='Hostile']If I recall correctly, it was $10 (+tax). Which reminds me... why don't more people complain about there being tax on PSN games?[/quote]

Never been charged tax here either (California), which is weird because I believe this is where SCEA is headquartered.

picked up for $8.99 off steam tonight, no tax (ny)
awesome, awesome game
I was hesitant, but it's addictive and oddly soothing

[quote name='xGunCrazyx']those complaining about the price, you are nuts!
totally worth the $10 :)[/quote]

You're right, us PC guys should always pay the same or more for casual/arcade games as the consoles and get them 6 months later :roll:

[quote name='turls']You're right, us PC guys should always pay the same or more for casual/arcade games as the consoles and get them 6 months later :roll:[/quote]

give me a break
it's the same price as PSN, plus you are supporting an indie game

have fun purchasing your usual EA trash :bomb:

$10= not breaking the bank

[quote name='xGunCrazyx']give me a break
it's the same price as PSN, plus you are supporting an indie game

have fun purchasing your usual EA trash :bomb:

$10= not breaking the bank[/quote]

Guy above says its already been on sale for $5 on PSN, besides, this is CAG, remember.

I bought the game, its good, but without the Sony overhead we should either get something specific for PC (like an actual 16:10 ratio or extra content), or at least get it cheaper than it was already on sale for for PSN.

And I've bought plenty of indie games, thank you very much.

But this is probably the last time I'll be buying arcade/casual on Steam until its on sale (for more than a dollar off).

[quote name='vherub']picked up for $8.99 off steam tonight, no tax (ny)
awesome, awesome game
I was hesitant, but it's addictive and oddly soothing[/quote]

It reminds me of so many indie shooters at one time. The chaining reminds me of the original Every Extend. The shooting reminds me of Geo Wars naturally. While the overall graphical aesthetic reminds me of both Every Extend and Clean Asia (now that's one helluva a shooter). The focus on sound design reminds me of Rez naturally. So it's a really good game. So worth the money.

bread's done
Back