Soul Caliber 4
GH on Tour

GH Aerosmith also has trade in one of the following games and get it for $9.99:
GTA4
Mart Kart Wii
Super Smash Bros
Quake Wars
Crisis Core

Somewhat off topic.......but has anyone tried Boom Blox yet? It interests me, but I don't know if it's worth the full price. If I could trade for it it might be worth it...

[quote name='craig64']Somewhat off topic.......but has anyone tried Boom Blox yet? It interests me, but I don't know if it's worth the full price. If I could trade for it it might be worth it...[/quote]

It's not worth $49.99 but it is a TON of fun. I love it.

[quote name='magiic']It's not worth $49.99 but it is a TON of fun. I love it.[/quote]

Would you say it's more of a rental, or would you say I should just wait for a price drop? It looks entertaining....I just don't know HOW entertaining. I do have GTA to keep me busy for a long time anyways...

I have Haze on pre-order right now not knowing that NGII worked... I'm thinking of switching because I won't actually have a PS3 until June 12 >__>

[quote name='craig64']Would you say it's more of a rental, or would you say I should just wait for a price drop? It looks entertaining....I just don't know HOW entertaining. I do have GTA to keep me busy for a long time anyways...[/quote]

Trade 3 in for Haze, return it in two days, get BoomBlox and 10 bux back.

PS: puzzle games that pushes your brain (not brain age games) are the best!

WHAT IS WRONG WITH EB?
GOW is 39NEW, why the hell are they basically giving you $50 in TIV when you get guitar hero??????

guitar hero new-59.99-GOW get it for 9.99!!!!!

[quote name='RCCP1977']when is the trade 3 weekend and what is the difference,with the trade 3 right now?[/quote]

16th -18th is the weekend and you can pre order anything 59.99, if it is higher in value then you pay the difference.

The flyer from EB says games under $69.99 but they are not many games over $59.99. I'm going to try for Wii Fit that weekend but I don't think I'll have luck. I don't think any more EB' in Ottawa are taking pre-orders I don't even want it on release day I just want to get it most payed for with trade ins.

Thanks for the info Ranzo.

So I'm guessing that part about trading in 1 game off of that list and getting Guitar Hero Aerosmith is just for the game itself, and not the guitar with it?

I didnt realize Aerosmith edition was getting released with a guitar. I thought it was standalone like Rock the 80's

That's true I have the ad in front of me it's: Playstation 2 /3, PSP, Wii DS and 360 only. I didn't notice till now. Which sucks because there are a few titles I traded in I want to buy again like Mario Golf and Donkey Kong Jungle Beat. Trade in 3 are the best time to find hard to find games.

does anyone have a scan for the aerosmith deal? MY EB apparently isn't doing the deal, even though they almost always do deals listed on CAG. So this would be a 1st for them.

Sorry guys, it seems I jumped the gun on the Areosmith deal. It does not start until the 20th.

[quote name='Lone_Prodigy']Anyone see the full-page ad in yesterday's Province? Gamecube games are no longer valid for Trade-3.[/quote]

thankfully i traded those titles in at the last event =D

lol just traded in 3 gamecube games today for haze so YMMV but they also told me any game over 8$ except PC titles, which is usually pretty obvious.

in a few weeks EB will not be taking any used pc titles. Getting out of the used pc market.

It's funny how you guys always have different sales up there. I am picking up Boom Blox tomorrow. It looks fun but I still wonder why it isn't a $30 game. Probably have to pay Stephen Spielberg the extra $20 on each copy haha.

[quote name='gamer602']WHAT IS WRONG WITH EB?
GOW is 39NEW, why the hell are they basically giving you $50 in TIV when you get guitar hero??????

guitar hero new-59.99-GOW get it for 9.99!!!!![/quote]

Because they're selling GOW for 59.99 and used for 54.99. So they'll still gain profit when people trade it in.

[quote name='constellation']Because they're selling GOW for 59.99 and used for 54.99. So they'll still gain profit when people trade it in.[/quote]

No...they're selling GoW (God of War: Chains of Olympus) for 39.99. Maybe you've mistakened it for Gears of War?

[quote name='Ranzo']On top of the trade three weekend coming these GH Aerosmith also has trade in one of the following games and get it for $9.99: (starts on the 20th)
God of War: Chains of Olympis[/quote]

Friend that works at FS says that GoW will be on sale for $20 this week.

[quote name='Ranzo']in a few weeks EB will not be taking any used pc titles. Getting out of the used pc market.[/quote]

lol, i had a good feelin' that EB will soon stop selling PC games. At my local EBG, i always see the same PP'ed PC titles when i visit the store. :p

EB Games actually has a pretty solid collection of new PC games, and often for less than other places. I saw Crysis and Warcraft III Battlechest for $40 while they're $50 everywhere else. And the Starcraft BC is only $20 while it's $25 or $30 most other places.

Also, I don't know if I will do this, but I did the trade in 3 for Haze a couple of weeks ago along with 4 other games. I decided to cancel my Haze pre-order because I've decided against buying a PS3. I then transferred it over to Ninja Gaiden II, but the guy didn't even seem to notice that it was a trade in 3 deal. I'm thinking I can just cancel my pre-order completely (the new receipt doesn't say anything about TI3... do the computers?) and get $60 credit.

[quote name='Skardee']EB Games actually has a pretty solid collection of new PC games, and often for less than other places. I saw Crysis and Warcraft III Battlechest for $40 while they're $50 everywhere else. And the Starcraft BC is only $20 while it's $25 or $30 most other places.[/quote]

I don't think I'll ever buy a used PC game from EB... I like my boxes and manuals in perfect shape and a lot of them are pretty beat up, mostly due to the fact that some PC games still use cardboard boxes. The only PC game I ever bought was the Guild Wars expansion and I had that pre-ordered so it wasn't gutted or battered.

[quote name='Firestorm']Is Trade 3 this weekend? I think I need to try and see if they'll take my old GCN/XBX games before it's too late.[/QUOTE]

Yes it's a trade in 3 weekend starting tomorrow. I've been looking forward too it all week :D.

[quote name='Lone_Prodigy']I don't think I'll ever buy a used PC game from EB... I like my boxes and manuals in perfect shape and a lot of them are pretty beat up, mostly due to the fact that some PC games still use cardboard boxes. The only PC game I ever bought was the Guild Wars expansion and I had that pre-ordered so it wasn't gutted or battered.[/quote]

Yeah I've never bought a used PC game and don't plan on it, but their new ones are in good condition. This may not always be the case, but with Sins of a Solar Empire, they simply removed the sleeve from the game and filled it with two blank DVD cases (or old trade in 3 boxes) and put that on display. Even then, you're getting a sealed copy of the DVD as they put all the actual cases in the back room. I got a sleeve and the DVD case from the back, too.
Also, with the WarCraft III BC, they have one display copy and from what I could tell, 10+ copies in a cupboard behind the desk.

When i bought a gutted Quake wars copyfor 10$ at EBG, it was missing the manual which contained the serial key to play online so i had to return it.
Find it stupid that they dont keep the manual with the cd behind the counter.

So... Trade 3 games and What do you get back? What games do they have to be for it to be valid three games?

Check my CML for what I can trade in if you like.

[quote name='VipFREAK']So... Trade 3 games and What do you get back? What games do they have to be for it to be valid three games?

Check my CML for what I can trade in if you like.[/quote]

It's Canada only. Trade any 3 games with a TIV of over $8 and get any upcoming game or new release in return.

Not sure where this belongs, but since I saw a few *bad EB experience* posts here i figured i can add.
So last thursday I visited my local EB (Hillside EB in Victoria,BC). Saw that there was a copy of Ys Ark of Naphitism for PS2. Asked the manager there how much, he said $5 but was on hold for someone, and to check back the next day.
Just out of curiosity I called other EBs and asked how much it was selling for used, 2 of them said 43.99 (wow, what a difference in price).
I call back the next day, and ask about Ys, he said that *he'll need to talk to one of the workers from the previous night, and call you back*, never got a call.
This same manager suggested to another customer that he should buy two GTA4 PS3 LEs *to keep one as a collector's item* lol.
Perhaps some other Victoria CAGs have some similar experiences with this EB/manager.

Traded in 3 games today. I wanted Star Wars The Force Unleashed for the Wii, but it wasn't in the system. I ended up pre-ordering FIFA 09 (Wii) (lol) since they said it would be "difficult" to change the pre-order to a lower-priced game.

EDIT: the games I used

Moto GP 07 (360) (Rogers BOGO)
Syphon Filter Dark Mirror (PS2) (Rogers BOGO)
Tiger Woods 07 (360) (BBV 25% off $14.99)

Total came to around $23 taxes in.

bad experience... hmm let's see... I called to see if they had Castle Shikigami 3 in stock. When they picked up, just a "hello" so I had to ask if I was at EB games. Yes. OK did you receive Shikigami no Shiro III on Wii? No. OK allright well when do you think it will come in? "we're not getting it" Ah OK well then... *click* ??? did he just hang up on me?

horrible terrible despicable clerks

anyway, do they have a trade X games for a PSP going deal on right now?

Ok so if I'd trade GRAW 1 , Perfect DArk Zero and Oblivion then I'd get GTA 4 for 10 bucks ? Sweet . Are these games valuable enough ?

[quote name='turgore2008']Ok so if I'd trade GRAW 1 , Perfect DArk Zero and Oblivion then I'd get GTA 4 for 10 bucks ? Sweet . Are these games valuable enough ?[/quote]

um... i don't think Perfect Dark Zero works for this promo, you should call your EBG to double check the TIV before you trade them in. GRAW1 just recently went back over 8bucks TIV and Oblivion should still work.

[quote name='mahjongmaniac1']um... i don't think Perfect Dark Zero works for this promo, you should call your EBG to double check the TIV before you trade them in. GRAW1 just recently went back over 8bucks TIV and Oblivion should still work.[/quote] Aww ...anyway if I'd trade another game with it I wonder if theyd accept.

I'm thinking of trading in GRAW, Quake4 and Stuntman Ignition(360) tomorrow towards Ninja Gaiden 2. I know GRAW will work, anyone have any insight on the other 2?

I was kind of thinking stuntman wouldn't, seeing as it was just in one of their recent sales. Oh well, I've got a couple other games I might part with, and I can always try to find something at the Rogers bogo that'll work. Thanks for the info.

Just did a trade 3 for soul calibur 4 in london

syphon filter dark mirror (ps2)
Naruto Ultimate Ninja 2 (ps2)
moto gp 07 (360)

what didn't work

Puzzle Quest (Wii)
Ratatouille (360)

All games traded in were wii games for wii games (except the last one...........GC still worked)

GH: Aerosmith (bundle)

Madden 07
MLB Power Pros
RE4

Rock Band (bundle)

Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn
Trauma Center: New Blood
Super Smash Brothers Melee

whoa, hold on. you didn't get the whole price of GH: Aerosmith or Rock Band paid off with the trade 3, did you?

if so, which EB did you go to and how do i get there, haha

bread's done
Back