Will this play in my NES?

an adapter?
wheres the best place to grab one?
whats the best price?
doesnt that game look good?
dam yes my bouncy girls is hot as hell

Would a game genie work? Because I'm pretty sure all of those Nintendo cartridge systems didn't work because of plastic pieces blocking slightly different cartridge shapes.

what an idiot listing the starting bid and buy it now as the same price..he could have saved on fee's and just listed the opening price of $12.99

[quote name='snotnose_colossal']I have an adapter, it basically just extends the cartridge, but i got it like 15 yrs ago, not sure where to get one now though. If you cant find one just get a new famicon system, they are fairly cheap anyway or go buy gyromite

http://www.atarihq.com/tsr/odd/scans/adapter.html[/quote]

I'm telling you. A game genie extends the cartridge (and is quite rough on your pins), but I'm 99% sure it would get the job done.

[quote name='snotnose_colossal']I have an adapter, it basically just extends the cartridge, but i got it like 15 yrs ago, not sure where to get one now though. If you cant find one just get a new famicon system, they are fairly cheap anyway or go buy gyromite

http://www.atarihq.com/tsr/odd/scans/adapter.html[/quote]

oo wow nice site
anyone else do this??
i've always wanted the gyromite robot also?
site kinda leaves out what im supposed to do with the 72 pin thing though

[quote name='ryanbph']what an idiot listing the starting bid and buy it now as the same price..he could have saved on fee's and just listed the opening price of $12.99[/quote]

I guess you could say he wasted a nickel, as I think he could have done a BIN only auction (fixed price) for the listing fee price ($0.60 in this case) and saved himself the extra nickel for the BIN fee on top of a normal listing. As I can't imagine anyone would bother to just bid the same amount as the BIN...

But people will BIN at 12.99 as they automatically get it immediately, but they might not want to put in a minimum bid of $12.99 until the very end of the auction (and then they'll end up forgetting about it...)

I can't get to the link that is in the OP....but a cheap and effective Fami convertor...is the Gyromite NES cart. Break it open and you'll find a convertor that you can pull off and put onto any Fami cart. Try it out. What else would you do with your Gyromite cart?

[quote name='lurknomore']I can't get to the link that is in the OP....but a cheap and effective Fami convertor...is the Gyromite NES cart. Break it open and you'll find a convertor that you can pull off and put onto any Fami cart. Try it out. What else would you do with your Gyromite cart?[/quote]

Play it?

Anyway you need a converter as the pin sizes of NES and Famicom are different (72 and 60 pins). Old NES carts such as Gyromite may be hiding a converter inside because for whatever reason Nintendo had short stock at first when NES came out and had to bring some over with the wrong pin size. These carts with converters will be heavier, but otherwise there's no real way to know if the coverter is there or not. Try stuff like Gyromite, Mario Bros., etc. though if you want to look for one. Probably easier to just grab one off ebay for cheap.

Two candidates:

Gyromite: $2.99
http://www.ebgames.com/ebx/product/194516.asp

Hogan's Alley: $5.99
http://www.ebgames.com/ebx/product/194527.asp

There are two ways to tell if the cart has a converter or not. If it has the converter, its heavier. And it will have the older sticker on the back. The older sticker does not have a "Rev-A" in the top right corner. If it says Rev-A, it won't have one. If it does not, then it probably has one, but may not.

I just checked my Hogan's Alley, it does not have Rev-A, and it feels a little heavier, so I'm going to open it up and check it out.

Mine did in fact have the converter inside, took all of 2 minutes. Plus you'll have an extra back cover to swap with another that has someones initials on it or something.

[quote name='Tromack']Would a game genie work? Because I'm pretty sure all of those Nintendo cartridge systems didn't work because of plastic pieces blocking slightly different cartridge shapes.[/quote]

it does'nt work

[quote name='lurknomore']I can't get to the link that is in the OP....but a cheap and effective Fami convertor...is the Gyromite NES cart. Break it open and you'll find a convertor that you can pull off and put onto any Fami cart. Try it out. What else would you do with your Gyromite cart?[/quote]

buy rob the robot and play it

[quote name='greydemise']AND she has a santa hat...i think im in love

[quote name='dafoomie'][quote name='starmask2k3'][quote name='cag1000']check it out famicom nes game

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=62053&item=8152781776&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW

i must have it
but i must have it complete
prob a long shot but anyone have it complete for sale or trade?[/quote]

u need an famicom top loader nes to play famicom games[/quote]
I just answered his question. You can get a converter for the NES in some old NES games.[/quote]\

i'm sorry to tell u but that converter is for the famicom top loader nes and the GTA(game Theory Admiral)portable nintendo system to play nes games on

[quote name='starmask2k3'][quote name='dafoomie'][quote name='starmask2k3'][quote name='cag1000']check it out famicom nes game

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=62053&item=8152781776&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW

i must have it

I just answered his question. You can get a converter for the NES in some old NES games.[/quote]\

i'm sorry to tell u but that converter is for the famicom top loader nes and the GTA system to play nes games on the famicom top loader nes and the GTA(game Theory Admiral)portable nintendo system[/quote]
I wasn't referring to the one in the auction, which won't work for him. I'm talking about a different adapter. One that you can pull out of older NES games or a Game Genie. One that I'm holding in my hand right now. You're right about the auction item though, its not something he can use.

[quote name='dafoomie'][quote name='starmask2k3'][quote name='dafoomie'][quote name='starmask2k3'][quote name='cag1000']check it out famicom nes game

i must have it

i'm sorry to tell u but that converter is for the famicom top loader nes and the GTA system to play nes games on the famicom top loader nes and the GTA(game Theory Admiral)portable nintendo system[/quote]
I wasn't referring to the one in the auction, which won't work for him. I'm talking about a different adapter. One that you can pull out of older NES games or a Game Genie. One that I'm holding in my hand right now. You're right about the auction item though, its not something he can use.[/quote]

u cant use the game genie to play famicom games the famicom port is smaller then the game genie port

[quote name='starmask2k3'][quote name='dafoomie'][quote name='starmask2k3'][quote name='dafoomie'][quote name='starmask2k3'][quote name='cag1000']check it out famicom nes game

i must have it

I wasn't referring to the one in the auction, which won't work for him. I'm talking about a different adapter. One that you can pull out of older NES games or a Game Genie. One that I'm holding in my hand right now. You're right about the auction item though, its not something he can use.[/quote]

u cant use the game genie to play famicom games the famicom port is smaller then the game genie port[/quote]
You don't understand. Some of the old Nintendo games were Famicom games on the inside with a converter because of supply shortages. You can take those out and use them on anything. The Game Genie just makes it easier to take the converter in and out of the system, which is what I meant to say.

sounds good i'll grab a cheap old cart from a flea market
and i def want this game but want it 100% complete
i'm a fairly large transformer collector and have every game complete except this one and transformers tatakai for ps2 that just came out in japan
now getting that to play in my ps2 is a whole other question?

Ok listen up !! You can buy a converter for your gba sp that wil play any famicom game! that's right play famicom games on your Gba Sp!!! Find it on Ebay.com

Can famicom carts be opened and taken apart easily, just with a screwdriver or something, so i can take out the green stuff and put it in the converter , and then put the converter back in the gyromite cart?

Showing my age here, but the cart picture features Ultra Magnus and since I can read, write, and speak Japanese the cartridge labeling offers no additional information. If my eyesight of 27 years serves me correctly the copyright is 1986 and that would be after Optimus Prime's death and subsequently, the movie.

Not sure if it would be all that great 'o find.

Shockwave was the greatest of them all anyway:D

It is hit or miss . . . I checked my Gyromite some time ago and it doesn't have the converter. Buying games to find a converter might be a losing battle . . . people are pulling the good ones out because that converter board sells for $20 on ebay.

wow bumped my old post up from like a month ago thanx guys.
anyway flea market season hasnt hit yet so im gonna try to pick up cheap carts to see if they have this converter then. and if they don't then i will probably be bumping this thread. But in the meantime anyone know anything about that gba sp converter that that 1 guy posted above?

It says NES-JOINT-01 in gold letters. If i could upload images i would show you. The gyromite game comes right out of the converter. The converter is attached to the plastic cover.

bread's done
Back