Man spends 3 hours on an airplane's shitter - makes $2 million?

Pookymeister

Staff member
Feedback
736 (100%)
http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/usa_airline_toilet_dc

NEW YORK (Reuters) - A New York man who says he was denied a seat on a five-hour jetBlue flight and was instead told to "hang out" in the plane's bathroom has sued the airline for $2 million, saying he suffered "extreme humiliation."

b
b
b

When Gokhan Mutlu arrived to check in for a jetBlue flight from San Diego to New York in February he was told the flight was full, according to the lawsuit filed in New York State Supreme Court.
But Mutlu was allowed to board after a jetBlue flight attendant agreed to give up her seat and travel in an airline employee "jump seat." It was not clear in the lawsuit whether the flight attendant was working.
However 90 minutes into the flight, the pilot told Mutlu the flight attendant was uncomfortable and he would have to give up his seat and "hang out" in the bathroom for the remainder of the flight, the lawsuit said.
The pilot "became angry at (Mutlu's) reluctance" and said Mutlu "should be grateful for being onboard," the lawsuit said. When Mutlu volunteered to sit in the "jump seat," he was told it was reserved for airline personnel.
At one point, the airplane experienced turbulence and Mutlu sat on the toilet seat without a seat belt, causing him "tremendous fear," the lawsuit said.
JetBlue was not immediately available for comment.

Most people would've waited for the next flight as opposed to sitting where the flight attendant is supposed to sit. Of course, the next question would be why JetBlue allowed the man onboard when there was no seating.

The guy doesn't deserve $2 million though--yeesh.

Just think of the inconvenience to the other passengers. They're down one bathroom. They should ALL sue the airline, for making them hold it in, due to inadequate sanitary facilities!

[quote name='mykevermin']"Gokhan Mutlu"

I'd have sued my fuckin' parents for 2 bills if they named me that.[/quote]

Sounds like his parents were H.P. Lovecraft fans. :whistle2:#

LMAO! Is it evil to plan doing this with the expectation of suing them?

[quote name='RBM']Just think of the inconvenience to the other passengers. They're down one bathroom. They should ALL sue the airline, for making them hold it in, due to inadequate sanitary facilities![/quote]

I wouldn't be surprised in the slightest if it happens.

Gross incompetence aside why could he hang out in the cargo storage. Granted it would be cold as a witch's tit and slightly fatal it could also be amazingly fun. Plus you could go CT mode and save Air Force One.

[quote name='Liquid 2']More room? What kind of air plane bathrooms are you used to?[/QUOTE]

Haven't been on a plane in a while but last I remember the seats were not exactly la-z-boys.

If he gets a somewhat decent lawyer he'll easily win. For the company treating him like shit I say that he DESERVES the money.

[quote name='Jeoff']If he gets a somewhat decent lawyer he'll easily win. For the company treating him like shit I say that he DESERVES the money.[/quote]

Literally! :lol:

If thats all true he should easily win, and I hope he does. I'm sick of Airlines thinking they can do whatever the hell they want and nothing will stick to them.

[quote name='mykevermin']"Gokhan Mutlu"

I'd have sued my fuckin' parents for 2 bills if they named me that.[/QUOTE]

Hmmmm, Gokhan....must be a fusion of Goku and Gohan.

[quote name='camoor']He just misread his tickets.

They didn't say JetBlue, he was flying JetPoo[/quote]

Nobody else laughed at your joke except for me.;)

Did this guy even get his complementary trail mix and pop? At least he was in the right place during the turbulence ("tremendous fear" = getting the shit scared out of you).

[quote name='shieryda']Nobody else laughed at your joke except for me.;)

Did this guy even get his complementary trail mix and pop? At least he was in the right place during the turbulence ("tremendous fear" = getting the shit scared out of you).[/quote]

lol thanks man. I admit it was a shitty joke.

I'm surprise none of the passangers complained that he was blocking the cleanest bathroom in the plane for three hours.

bread's done
Back