Guitar Hero: World Tour - Gen. Discussion & Info

LinkinPrime

CAGiversary!
Feedback
170 (100%)

Features

When the house lights go down this fall, a new generation of axe shredders, drummers and fearless frontmen will be born with Activision's Guitar Hero® World Tour. The latest installment from the number one best-selling video game franchise of 2007, Guitar Hero World Tour transforms music gaming by expanding the signature guitar gameplay into a cooperative band experience combining the most advanced wireless instruments with new revolutionary online and offline gameplay modes, including online Band Career and eight-player "Battle of the Bands," which allows two full bands to compete head-to-head online for the first time ever. The game features a slick newly redesigned guitar, an authentic electronic drum kit and a microphone, as well as an innovative Music Studio music creator that lets players compose, record, edit, and share their original rock 'n roll anthems.

• All new instruments: Play state-of-the-art wireless instruments including a slick newly redesigned guitar controller, authentic drum kit and microphone.
  • Innovative Music Studio: This revolutionary new feature incorporates a full complement of tools to create digital music from scratch utilizing the drum kit and guitar controller while offering the opportunity to play compositions in-game.
  • Battle of the Bands Mode: Rock out in solo career mode or battle against other full bands head-to-head online for the first time ever.
  • Create-a-Rocker: Customize your own rocker, select one of your favorite Guitar Hero characters or choose one of the guest artists appearing in-game.
  • The rock 'n' roll experience: It's the most expansive and diverse on-disc track selection in a music game with over 85 master tracks!

Achievements:
http://www.xbox360achievements.org/achievements.php?gameID=563

Full Setlist:

1. 30 Seconds To Mars--The Kill
  2. 311--Beautiful Disaster
  3. Airbourne--Too Much, Too Young, Too Fast
  4. The Allman Brothers Band--Ramblin' Man
  5. Anouk--Good God
  6. The Answer--Never Too Late
  7. At the Drive-In--One Armed Scissor
  8. Beastie Boys--No Sleep Till Brooklyn
  9. Beatsteaks--Hail To The Freaks
  10. Billy Idol--Rebel Yell
  11. Black Label Society--Stillborn
  12. Black Rebel Motorcycle Club--Weapon of Choice
  13. blink-182--Dammit
  14. Blondie--One Way or Another
  15. Bob Seger & The Silver Bullet Band--Hollywood Nights
  16. Bon Jovi--Livin' on a Prayer
  17. Bullet for My Valentine--Scream Aim Fire
  18. Coldplay--Shiver
  19. Creedence Clearwater Revival--Up Around the Bend
  20. The Cult--Love Removal Machine
  21. Dinosaur Jr.--Feel the Pain
  22. The Doors--Love Me Two Times
  23. Dream Theater--Pull Me Under
  24. The Eagles--Hotel California
  25. The Enemy--Aggro
  26. Filter--Hey Man, Nice Shot
  27. Fleetwood Mac--Go Your Own Way
  28. Foo Fighters--Everlong
  29. The Guess Who--American Woman
  30. HushPuppies--You're Gonna Say Yeah!
  31. Interpol--Obstacle 1
  32. Jane's Addiction--Mountain Song
  33. Jimi Hendrix--The Wind Cries Mary
  34. Jimi Hendrix--Purple Haze (Live)
  35. Jimmy Eat World--The Middle
  36. Joe Satriani--Satch Boogie
  37. Kent--Vinternoll2
  38. Korn--Freak on a Leash
  39. Lacuna Coil--Our Truth
  40. Lenny Kravitz--Are You Gonna Go My Way
  41. Linkin Park--What I've Done
  42. The Living End--Prisoner of Society
  43. Los Lobos--La Bamba
  44. Lostprophets--Rooftops (A Liberation Broadcast)
  45. Lynyrd Skynyrd--Sweet Home Alabama (Live)
  46. The Mars Volta--L'Via L'Viaquez
  47. MC5's Wayne Kramer--Kick Out the Jams
  48. Metallica--Trapped Under Ice
  49. Michael Jackson--Beat It
  50. Modest Mouse--Float On
  51. Motorhead--Overkill
  52. Muse--Assassin
  53. Negramaro--Nuvole e Lenzuola
  54. Nirvana--About A Girl [Unplugged]
  55. No Doubt--Spiderwebs
  56. NOFX--Soul Doubt
  57. Oasis--Some Might Say
  58. Ozzy Osbourne--Crazy Train
  59. Ozzy Osbourne--Mr. Crowley
  60. Paramore--Misery Business
  61. Pat Benatar--Heartbreaker
  62. Radio Futura--Escuela De Calor
  63. R.E.M.--The One I Love
  64. Rise Against--Re-Education Through Labor
  65. Sex Pistols--Pretty Vacant
  66. Silversun Pickups--Lazy Eye
  67. Smashing Pumpkins--Today
  68. Steely Dan--Do It Again
  69. Steve Miller Band--The Joker
  70. Sting--Demolition Man (Live)
  71. The Stone Roses--Love Spreads
  72. Stuck in the Sound--Toy Boy
  73. Sublime--Santeria
  74. Survivor--Eye of the Tiger
  75. System Of A Down--B.Y.O.B.
  76. Ted Nugent--Stranglehold
  77. Ted Nugent--Original Guitar Duel Recording
  78. Tokio Hotel--Monsoon
  79. Tool--Parabola
  80. Tool--Schism
  81. Tool--Vicarious
  82. Trust--Antisocial
  83. Van Halen--Hot For Teacher
  84. Willie Nelson--On The Road Again
  85. Wings--Band on the Run
  86. Zakk Wylde--Original Guitar Duel Recording
http://www.gamespot.com/news/6197604.html?tag=latestheadlines;title;1 (Thanks JFD)

Last edited by a moderator:
Have they clarified what custom user made tracks means? Does that mean someone can put their own music up? Or the ability to basically throw any song on GH? I just wonder what kind of legal mess that could make if you finally had the ability to play any song you wanted.

[quote name='mike.m']Have they clarified what custom user made tracks means? Does that mean someone can put their own music up? Or the ability to basically throw any song on GH? I just wonder what kind of legal mess that could make if you finally had the ability to play any song you wanted.[/quote]

Well its basically messing around with the instruments to record songs, no vocals though, and then sharing them with your friends.

1552355602_2871bf1f4d.jpg

years ahead of its time.

For the custom tracks by "messing around with the instruments" does that mean there are prerecorded sounds and it just plays back depending on what you hit or can you make your own note chart for songs? Custom songs do sound awesome but i have a feeling its going to be a disappointment just like DLC was for GH.

ps: the gh4 drumset highhat looks way too high and to the right. The highhat seems to be above the snare which i can't imagine being fun to play.

[quote name='naiku']
1552355602_2871bf1f4d.jpg

years ahead of its time.

For the custom tracks by "messing around with the instruments" does that mean there are prerecorded sounds and it just plays back depending on what you hit or can you make your own note chart for songs? Custom songs do sound awesome but i have a feeling its going to be a disappointment just like DLC was for GH.

ps: the gh4 drumset highhat looks way too high and to the right. The highhat seems to be above the snare which i can't imagine being fun to play.[/QUOTE]

I love it when people bring up the Japanese roots of music games .:lol:

I bet the songs on those games are total shit .:applause:

I can't wait to hear that the Van Halen song is not a Van Hagar track .

...I'm getting this day one.
That drum set is so jokes!

I really hope the drum set is RB compatible.
I'm pretty certain it will be -- I hope. :[

I hope that thing isn't a piece of crap. :whistle2:|[quote name='JohnnyFoxDarko']
That drum set is so jokes!

I really hope the drum set is RB compatible.
I'm pretty certain it will be -- I hope. :[[/quote]

What the fuck is ''so jokes''?

And no to the Rock Band thing. RB only has five buttons w/ the pedal included.

[quote name='tiredfornow']I hope that thing isn't a piece of crap. :whistle2:|

What the fuck is ''so jokes''?

And no to the Rock Band thing. RB only has five buttons w/ the pedal included.[/quote]
I know, right? :cool:

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Again...that's general gaming...this is to discuss the X360 version. Thanks for being so observant Scorch.[/QUOTE]

The details are just multi-platfrom at the moment though.

Not that I care, as I like multiple threads on games rather than the dumbass long catch all threads you usually merge everything into....

I already have one Playskool-lookin' drumset taking up space...this game is going to have the best tracklist ever, in addition to more reasonably priced DLC for me to even give it a second thought.

[quote name='KaneRobot']I already have one Playskool-lookin' drumset taking up space...this game is going to have the best tracklist ever, in addition to more reasonably priced DLC for me to even give it a second thought.[/QUOTE]

It will have to have solid guitar only game play, and be sold in a game only version, for me to bother.

I skipped rock band just because I had no interest in the microphone or in having the Playskook drum set clutter up the house.

Lame.

I'm sure Guitar Hero V will be the game that introduces the latest innovation of "vocals" :roll:

I don't understand why a game entitled "Guitar Hero" should - in any way - incorporate drums. To me, the more they try to be like Rock Band and compete with that market of gamers, the more they fail at being a unique game.

[quote name='Tha Xecutioner']
I don't understand why a game entitled "Guitar Hero" should - in any way - incorporate drums. To me, the more they try to be like Rock Band and compete with that market of gamers, the more they fail at being a unique game.[/QUOTE]

They pretty much were already at the point they couldn't be unique. If it was just guitar, it would just be new songs and maybe some more useless online features (game's only fun in local multiplayer IMO).

I'd be fine with that since I have no interest in vocals or other instruments. But I'm not going to say doing so would have made them more "unique." GH was just another of the yearly "shit out a 'sequel' and make more money" games.

[quote name='dmaul1114']They pretty much were already at the point they couldn't be unique. If it was just guitar, it would just be new songs and maybe some more useless online features (game's only fun in local multiplayer IMO).

I'd be fine with that since I have no interest in vocals or other instruments. But I'm not going to say doing so would have made them more "unique." GH was just another of the yearly "shit out a 'sequel' and make more money" games.[/quote]Right. I meant to insinuate that the Guitar Hero series was already on the downward slope when it came to unique features, but this idea seems to drive it straight into the ground.

What's so bad about Guitar Hero ?

It's not unlike the treatment Nintendo gives their games , except more than once a generation .

Guistar Hero Band! I can't wait. I am holding reservations on if I need more just taking up space in my room. At least my two guitars fit in one bag and can go in a corner. I don't have corners big enough for thos drums! If my guitars work with it, I will get the disc only and be happy with that.

[quote name='Richlough']I love it when people bring up the Japanese roots of music games .:lol:

I bet the songs on those games are total shit .:applause:
[/QUOTE]
Well IIRC there was a handful of American songs on each of these games, most people in the US haven't played these games enough to judge them. I've probably tried all these Bemani games once or twice since theres an arcade around here that carries one of each machine. The point of showing that particular machine is that GHIV basically went with Drum Mania's setup. I don't know if its a good or bad thing yet but I'm leaning on bad just because I'd have to buy another drum set if I choose to participate. :bomb:

[quote name='Richlough']What's so bad about Guitar Hero ?

It's not unlike the treatment Nintendo gives their games , except more than once a generation .[/QUOTE]

They're just not needed yearly. I'd rather just see better DLC support then I could just pick and choose what songs I want, rather than having to shell our $60 a year for a "sequel" with only a handful of songs I want to play.

It's more comparable to the EA sports games which come out each year and usually add little more than new rosters.

[quote name='Richlough']I love it when people bring up the Japanese roots of music games .:lol:

I bet the songs on those games are total shit .:applause:[/quote]
It's been years since I played Drum Mania, but it seems to me it had some pretty popular songs at the time. I know for a fact that it has Possum Kingdom because that's the song I failed miserably at.

As for the drums, it looks like my DTXplorer kit at home, not sure I need more shit taking up space.

[quote name='KaneRobot']I already have one Playskool-lookin' drumset taking up space...this game is going to have the best tracklist ever, in addition to more reasonably priced DLC for me to even give it a second thought.[/QUOTE]

Let's not forget that it needs to be priced reasonably - which, given how Activision jacked up the price when going from GH to GH2, and from GH2 to GH3, let alone the price of DLC, won't be the case.

There's no way this will launch below $200. Hell, I bet they'll go $250 and include two guitars.

This game better have all that, all Kane mentioned, and do my laundry for me before I give it a second thought. The only band name I've seen associated with the game so far that has piqued my interest is Van Halen, and even that isn't that big a deal for me.

EDIT: Let us not forget that this series is 4 weeks away from GUITAR HERO AEROSMITH. This whole series has already Tony Hawk'd itself into irrelevance.

I can't fit any more shit into my room thanks to the RB drum set, looks like I'll pass on this unless the track list is stupid good.

Reason why I haven't bought Rock Band is because of the noisy the drums, if GH IV Drums are quieter then RB then it might be one of the reasons I'll buy it. Also the price, If activision is smart they'll release the game (full kit) at $150.

[quote name='KiLL3r']Reason why I haven't bought Rock Band is because of the noisy the drums, if GH IV Drums are quieter then RB then it might be one of the reasons I'll buy it. Also the price, If activision is smart they'll release the game (full kit) at $150.[/quote]

If you read the linked thumbnail in the OP, they state that making them quiet is one of their main areas of focus.

i think Red Octane and Harmonix should just kiss and make up already, and then they could work together and create just one AWESOME Rock Band type game with one set of instruments. Only in a perfect world...

i have guitar hero 3 for 360 and rock band but i don't think i will be buying GHIV because i already have the Rock Band instruments taking up space in my room. this war is getting rediculous. i'll probably just end up buying the game only version for the guitar part. because i agree with most people that a game called GUITAR Hero does not need other instruments like the drums and vocals and such

I like it how almost every paragraph there's gotta be something thats cutting Rock Band or Harmonix down.

And with Activision's record on having compatible controllers... Doesn't give good hope to have these playable on RB or RB2 (whenever that comes out).

Guitar Hero died with GHII. Its just a name with alot of money behind it and trying to stifle the company that still gives a damn about music.

You know if they want to sell more drumsets, they should go ahead and make it work with RB. Just phase out one of the cymbals. I know they obviously don't want the RB instruments to work with their game but why not cut into the competition a bit.

This is just going to be way too pricy for everything they have planned. Wish they'd make nice with harmonix or something so we didnt have to keep getting new instruments.

[quote name='Tha Xecutioner']Lame.

I'm sure Guitar Hero V will be the game that introduces the latest innovation of "vocals" :roll:

I don't understand why a game entitled "Guitar Hero" should - in any way - incorporate drums. To me, the more they try to be like Rock Band and compete with that market of gamers, the more they fail at being a unique game.[/QUOTE]

You can do vocals in the regular songs. It just says you cannot add vocals to created songs.

I'm curious how they'll do vocals if anything, specifically for metal songs. Since Rock Band is nice, but it's soooo boring singing (or basically talking through) bands like At The Gates. I'm kinda hoping have to try and match screams or encourage is main thing I want out of this since I know off the bat I won't be tampering with the create-a-song (and Rock Band DLC is where the heart is for me).

Eitherway more goddamn plastic instruments. Man, I'm glad more chicks are playing these games so I don't look THAT sad when they see a room full of plastic instruments.

i'm intrigued by some of the proposed features. saying "Van Halen" is nice, but i'm afraid i need to know what track(s) before i start to care much more. same with the create-a-song thing; it has much potential for users to get creative and share some decent work, but that depends on how much they are allowed to work with. in the end, we're reserving judgement when they actually have a tracklist and a pricepoint, plus can show some actual gameplay footage.

reason is, we're already very happy with Rock Band and the work that Harmonix has done to ensure that new songs come out on a regular basis. and yes, as mentioned, the plastic guitars are really starting to pile up around here!

That trailer makes it look somewhat credible.

I still won't buy it if it isn't compatible with Rock Band instruments.

This competition shit extending to peripherals is for the birds; I have enough extra controllers to last me a lifetime already. Compete in terms of games; as consumers with limited money, physical space, and a lousy economy, we don't need to deal with these limp-dick substitutes for innovation like "Your game has 5 drum pads? Ours has SIX!!! MUAHAHA!!"

Compete in gameplay; compete in content; compete in songs, DLC - make the game matter. Don't try to default your way into people's homes because your controllers are the only ones that work with your game.

I'm going to sound like a broken record, but I don't think this is something that can be stressed enough at all.

I think the create-a-song stuff and battle of the bands sounds incredible - but not enough to pony $200 because my current gear ain't good enough.

[quote name='Richlough']So far I'm pleased with the inclusion of Ted Nugent and hopefully 'Stranglehold' .

http://www.joystiq.com/2008/05/18/ted-nugent-confirms-his-appearance-in-guitar-hero-iv-on-talk-rad/

Props to WRIF for revealing the news.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the info "BIIIIIIIIIIITCH" :lol:

Weird, I could have sworn I heard that interview and don't remember Nugent saying that...then again, that guy won't ever shut the fuck up so I probably tuned him out after a few minutes anyway.

[quote name='mykevermin']I think the create-a-song stuff and battle of the bands sounds incredible - but not enough to pony $200 because my current gear ain't good enough.[/QUOTE]

Create-a-song will be insanely limited in scope and features, I'll guarantee it. In fact, I'll leave CAG forever if it turns out to be an amazing, industry-changing feature that everyone worships.

Neversoft isn't up to the task of making this a really good game...like you said, the whole approach here is MOAR BUTTONS. Screw that, I'll just wait for the Rock Band sequel since they'll wind up leapfrogging GH again anyway. I've got too much money for DLC invested in Rock Band to "change sides" now.

[quote name='mykevermin']I think the create-a-song stuff and battle of the bands sounds incredible - but not enough to pony $200 because my current gear ain't good enough.[/QUOTE]

Create-a-song will be insanely limited in scope and features, I'll guarantee it. In fact, I'll leave CAG forever if it turns out to be an amazing, industry-changing feature that everyone worships.

Neversoft isn't up to the task of making this a really good game...like you said, the whole approach here is "MOAR BUTTONS." fuck that, I'll just wait for the Rock Band sequel since they'll just leapfrog GH again anyway.

I like how the trailer says most REALISTIC drums.

At least they're acknowledging they ripped off of Rock Band with this

[quote name='anomynous']I like how the trailer says most REALISTIC drums.

At least they're acknowledging they ripped off of Rock Band with this[/quote]

Yea, plus its the GH Experience "RE-invented". I guess that reinvented means that they go from Guitar only to all instruments just like Rock Band. :lol:

As much as I love these games, I can see a horrible pattern here where each one-ups the next with these plastic instruments, none are compatable, and we all have an army of little plastic guitars, drumsets, key-tars, and who knows what else in our basements/living rooms. :bomb:

[quote name='mykevermin']That trailer makes it look somewhat credible.

I still won't buy it if it isn't compatible with Rock Band instruments.

This competition shit extending to peripherals is for the birds; I have enough extra controllers to last me a lifetime already. Compete in terms of games; as consumers with limited money, physical space, and a lousy economy, we don't need to deal with these limp-dick substitutes for innovation like "Your game has 5 drum pads? Ours has SIX!!! MUAHAHA!!"

Compete in gameplay; compete in content; compete in songs, DLC - make the game matter. Don't try to default your way into people's homes because your controllers are the only ones that work with your game.

I'm going to sound like a broken record, but I don't think this is something that can be stressed enough at all.

I think the create-a-song stuff and battle of the bands sounds incredible - but not enough to pony $200 because my current gear ain't good enough.[/quote]
Agreed. These companies need to conform to our needs by making these games compatible with the competition's instruments, not their money-making needs.

That was one of the reasons I didn't bother with GH3 after I picked up Rock Band since Activision pulled their stunt of blocking patches to allow for compatability of their stuff with RB. I don't have much faith that they've seen the light since then so the chances that I'll get GH4 dwindle the closer it gets to the game's release without that confirmation.

[quote name='KaneRobot']Thanks for the info "BIIIIIIIIIIITCH" :lol:

Neversoft isn't up to the task of making this a really good game...like you said, the whole approach here is MOAR BUTTONS. Screw that, I'll just wait for the Rock Band sequel since they'll wind up leapfrogging GH again anyway. I've got too much money for DLC invested in Rock Band to "change sides" now.[/QUOTE]

;)

They did take a year off from Tony Hawk .

I certainly like the look of those drums better, but I've never played rock band so I'd have no way to compare. If the GHIV drums end up being compatible with rock band though I'll probably get those. I imagine that the X-plorer and les paul will be compatible with GHIV? If so all I'd need are the drums and mic.

bread's done
Back