Central Missouri

[quote name='sheepboy_1923']I read the post, but I'm in KC.[/quote]

I'm in KC too, but I have have family around Columbia. Plus, I went to Mizzou for 2 of my degrees (back before the best buy was put in out there). As I recall, very few video game deals to be had. Although you could put games on student charge at the Mizzou bookstore and hope your parents paid the bill without looking at what you bought.

Yeah, don't even bother there is nothing here at all! No clearance deals at all, ANYWHERE!! Best to just stick to online for now.

Thanks Miz-Zou! I'm in Jefferson City, and with the deals not being so hot I thought I could connect with someone in Columbia so I wouldn't have to drive my happy ass up there to see if there were any B&M deals. The JC Target usually has a better clearance selection than Columbia, JC Slackers eats and Best Buy's CS sucks, but the Hasting's here is alright. Just figured if I had a contact in Columbia I could work out some trades.

Went to 2 pawn shops and a thrift store. Needless to say, the prices were ridiculous. I mean they had used next-gen games for like $40...the ones that are on the platinum/greatest hits line. I guess they weren't smart enough to figure out why they had so many games left.

i also looked at music equipment as well, and one had a Casio keyboard for like $150. i lol'd while I was walking out of the store, those prices were so ridiculous I'll just wait until I go home to see if there are any deals.

The pawn shops here are a pain; you have to haggle to get good prices at a place like that. I had some good luck with dreamcast stuff a few years ago, most of the pawn shops were just trying to get rid of it. Just tell them what you're willing to pay and you may be surprised. If they say no all you have to do is walk out.

yeah that's true, I gotta learn sometimes :D Going to hit up the local goodwill to see what they have. Probably nothing, but oh well, can't hurt.

[quote name='xrayzwei']Thanks Miz-Zou! I'm in Jefferson City, and with the deals not being so hot I thought I could connect with someone in Columbia so I wouldn't have to drive my happy ass up there to see if there were any B&M deals. The JC Target usually has a better clearance selection than Columbia, JC Slackers eats and Best Buy's CS sucks, but the Hasting's here is alright. Just figured if I had a contact in Columbia I could work out some trades.[/QUOTE]

The Columbia Target does indeed suck for clearance games, and our Best Buy rarely has anything good on clearance. But I've done pretty well in recent years at CC and TRU.

I hit JC Target last night, they have Dark Sector (PS3) for 19.98, Madden 08 (PS3) for 14.98 and Kane and Lynch (PS3) for 24.98 (can't remember K&L for sure). Good prices if you have a triple. I was real tempted to get dark sector for that price.

I also didn't get an ad for Hasting's this week, but I went last night and they are having a B2G1F on used titles. Used games are a little more expensive there, but they have sales like that about every other month.

just got back from Circuit City in Columbia. I got a copy of the Dragon Quest Wii game (clearance for $16.96). There's another copy there on the shelf. Also there's one copy of Eternal Sonata (360) and a couple copies of FFXII: Revenant Wings (DS). There are some other misc. clearance games too. Of course they never mark them with the clearance prices at this store.
Oh yeah, they also have many of the strategy guides that have been pennied out. I got the guides for Metroid Prime: Corruption, Splinter Cell: DA, and Tomb Raider: Anniv. The clerk had some trouble getting them to ring up for a penny, but eventually she figured it out and they were cool about it. There are copies of each of these three and others from the list left there.

Good deals on the guides. Were eternal sonata and rev. wings 16.96? I think that would be a good price for those as well.

I ended up getting Burnout Paradise since retail went down to 29.99. Definitely worth the 30 bucks. I also bought 2 1600 xbl point cards at Target. They're on sale for 14.99 this week, a better deal for buying XBLA games.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='xrayzwei']Good deals on the guides. Were eternal sonata and rev. wings 16.96? I think that would be a good price for those as well. [/QUOTE]
Yeah, they're on clearance for $16.96. Check the thread in the deals forum for the full list of clearance games at CC.

Target in Columbia finally decided to put some games on clearance. I remember seeing Prince Caspian (DS), Res. Evil: Umbrella Chron. (WII), Bioshock (360), and Kane & Lynch (PS3) but there were quite a few others. The prices weren't great - I think they're just at 30% off right now.

I'm surprised that Madden coming out didn't send more stuff to the end caps to make room. I myself picked up Bully (360) in JC for $20 at Target on Tues, but I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it will go down more.

I'm in Columbia but it seems we don't get many good deals. Although I did buy two 2000 wii points cards with classic controller jackets for only 12 dollars a piece a month or two ago.

Xrayzwei if your asking where I got those wii cards. Yes it was Walmart. On Conley Road to be specific, although when I was there within the last few weeks all the clearance stuff was gone. If i see anything i'll put a post here, although not sure how often anybody checks, as I only check cag once every month or so.

thanks c_web. Wal-mart being so YMMV is frustrating. I was hoping those bundles had been marked down somewhere nearby, but I'm sure at this point they are long gone. JC Stadium Blvd Walmart never marked them down, and is still selling them.

I recently moved here to Columbia and was wondering how people felt about Slackers. What's the consensus on this store? Are they generally better for game trade-ins than Gamestop?

[quote name='ericseat']I recently moved here to Columbia and was wondering how people felt about Slackers. What's the consensus on this store? Are they generally better for game trade-ins than Gamestop?[/QUOTE]
I've bought a couple of used games there and had no problem with quality. I don't know how competitive they are for trade-ins. If you don't get any replies here, you might post in the St. Louis thread since there are several Slackers stores in STL.

I agree with the linguist, I don't trade-in often enough to know how competitive Slacker's trade values are. It seems to me like the prices are kind of high on used. I liked shopping there in the 90's, they used to have better offers (it's buy 4 get one free now I think and they have something like an Edge card (EB/Gamestop), where it used to be buy 3 get 1 and coupons in the Ad Sheet every week). The selection of games was always good and they do carry a lot of classic game stuff, comics, music, movies and game cards if that floats your boat.

I don't know if this is a great deal or not, but Tiger Tech - the computer store in Brady Commons on the Mizzou campus - has all versions of Rock Band 1 for 30% off. I didn't see what they were priced at but I imagine that's 30% of the original MSRP.

Seems like any discount on rock band this time of the year is good. Guitar Hero seems to be getting all of the black friday love.

In case anyone's interested, the Circuit City in Columbia has 30% off of gaming accessories and this includes Wii points cards. I picked up a 2000 point card for $14 and a Nyko Perfect Shot for $10. They had several points cards left and one more Perfect Shot as of 4:30 today (1/21).

I saw several Xbox live subscription cards (1 month and 3 month) and I suspect they'd also be 30% off but I didn't check since I don't have a 360.

Yeah, I heard awesome deals. Someone else said the funny thing was anything that has to have value added TO it or activated aren't included. XBL and PSN cards activated at the POS are excluded? I think Wii cards don't have to be activated.

I'm confused.

As of 5 pm today (1/23) Circuit City in Columbia has about 20 Wiis and they're 10% off. They also have 360 Arcades and 80GB PS3s but I think you can usually find better deals for them.

That is a good deal on wiis. If the 10% is off of PS3 and 360, it's a good deal too. Good time to pick up a new system if you can get there soon.

I haven't been in a couple of weeks. If anyone else gets a chance please check whether or not you can buy point cards. When I went, they had PSN cards but wouldn't sell them to me.

Consoles are 20% off at CC in Col. They had a few PS3s and a ton of 360 Pros yesterday afternoon (Friday). They also had some PS2s and a Gamecube!!

I didn't see any points cards, but some people have reported seeing them behind the registers, and I didn't check there.

I live in KC but had to drive to Jeff City a few weeks ago. I thought about checking for deals while I was there but I didn't know the area well enough and didn't want to get lost. Sounds like I didn't miss much.

If you make it back to MidMO before they close, Chitown, CC is right off I-70 at Stadium (exit 124). TRU is also there.

[quote name='The Linguist']If you make it back to MidMO before they close, Chitown, CC is right off I-70 at Stadium (exit 124). TRU is also there.[/quote]

I probably won't have to go the Jeff City for awhile now. I was out that way back on the 7th & 8th. I passed that Columbia exit twice on my trip. I almost stopped since both stores were so close to the highway but I was on a time crunch.

I haven't be able to get to CC this week, but was wondering if they had the same huge console stack as last week. If they had an arcade, I was thinking about doing that for my brother in law.

[quote name='Cravin_Taco_Bell']I haven't be able to get to CC this week, but was wondering if they had the same huge console stack as last week. If they had an arcade, I was thinking about doing that for my brother in law.[/QUOTE]
I stopped at CC this afternoon (Tuesday). They had a huge stack of PS3s and a few 360 Pros. I didn't see any 360 Arcades. They also had a huge stack of "refurb" 360s, but I don't know who would risk buying one of those with their no returns policy. Anyway I think these were pros too.

Gerbes in Columbia off W. Broadway is liquidating their video dept including their games. I just had a quick look but they had a bunch of PS2 games, a fair number of Xbox games, and a smaller selection of GameCube games. i didn't see any current gen games. The signs say that games are $4.95-12.95 but every title I looked at was marked at $9.95.

Update on the Gerbes liquidation: they've marked them down to $5. They still have a good number of last-gen games but unfortunately nothing I needed.

I am in Jefferson city. how is it going with all this rain? anyone in the area friend me here or add me on XBL or PSN. Tell me who you are though.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reviving this old thread to note that Hy-Vee (on Broadway nr. 63) has some games on sale for $9.99. It's mostly 360 and Wii and old stuff. I remember Kameo, Blue Dragon, 007 Quantum of Solace. Not much really but if you're in the neighborhood, you might take a look. There's a display by the inside entrance to the liquor store.

bread's done
Back