Supernatural (Season 4, Thursdays at 9 p.m.)

Chase

CAGiversary!
Feedback
8 (100%)
This is my favorite television series. I probably should have started a thread earlier, but hey, better late than never, right? If you have not yet watched Supernatural, imagine Neil Gaiman's American Gods, but as an amazing television series.

So:

1. Does anyone else follow this series and watched this season?

2. Did you just watch the incredible Season Three finale?

If you did...
Oh my god. I felt sad and mortified by Dean's violent death. The pain in his expression as his body was shredded by the hell hound just left a feeling of helplessness. It is a testament to the acting by all parties involved if I felt such emotion. Poor Ruby. I liked her. It also saddens me to see her go - especially when she was honest about the bomb inside Sam. As for why Lilith wasn't able to overpower Sam: Sam's Satan's right-hand man on Earth, I suspect. The final scene would be one hell of a series finale - if Supernatural was not already slated for a return next season. Dean suspended in hell by flesh hooks, screaming for Sam, made my jaw drop. There is speculation that Dean will return with angelic powers to face-off against a demonic Sam. If that is true, and is done as well as the first three seasons, Supernatural will sit atop my opinion throne as my favorite series of all-time.

Last edited by a moderator:
My favorite show on TV by a mile. I've watched it since the second episode of season one and was hooked right from the start.

That little girl in the finale was a riot. Evil to nice in less than a second.

I agree with everything 100% in your spoilers.

I only catch the series on and off but I did catch the finale, brutal all around ending, very emotional and well acted. It really is one of those shows that doesn't get a whole lot of talk for some reason.

[quote name='Blitz']My favorite show on TV by a mile. I've watched it since the second episode of season one and was hooked right from the start.

That little girl in the finale was a riot. Evil to nice in less than a second.

I agree with everything 100% in your spoilers.[/quote]

The little girl Lilith possessed acted her role perfectly. Also, she instilled fear, which I felt - after I crapped myself. :oops:

[quote name='coolsteel']I only catch the series on and off but I did catch the finale, brutal all around ending, very emotional and well acted. It really is one of those shows that doesn't get a whole lot of talk for some reason.[/quote]

Yeah, I can't figure out why it doesn't get more attention. I guess Smallville's mediocrity is so traumatizing that people furiously turn off the TV after each episode? ;) Hehehe... I kid. Quality-aside, I am still a diehard Smallville fan.

I guess it just doesn't appeal to the masses.

*shrugs*

It's like Angel/Veronica Mars/The Wire/Scrubs/Dexter/etc. all over again.

ive been watching it since the beginning since i first found out theyd use urban legend and myths and such as the base for the stories. it was a rough show starting up but now id say its the cw's strongest and most entertaining show hands down. id like to see more of the other slayers as well as monster and myth types. that black slayer was cool as fuck it sucks he had to die so quickly it would have been interesting to see if the longer he stayed as a vamp would he have given in to evil and jined the darkside. did they ever clearly say what happened to those peopel at the roadhouse? did that chick and her daughter really die?

i really liked the finale...I was sorta dissapointed with the visuals for sam fighting lillith though...I am fairly sure it is coming back. At least the producers have talked about plans and began searching for new characters....

The one big issue I have with the show is the secondary characters and/or the lack there of...the only one they have kept around is bobby....the bartender and her daughter didn't get much air time espically when you consider how much the producers talked about using them. Going into this season the producers talked A LOT about the 2 new female characters and how they were going to play really well off the winchester brothers. They did well in the very limited amount of shows that ruby and bella were in (6 each with rather limited rolls). IMO it would be nice to see some reoccuring characters besides bobby.

I absolutely LOVE this show. I thought it'd be pretty stupid at first, so I didn't watch it till halfway through the first season, when my dad was like "You HAVE to watch this show" and it was love upon the first episode I watched.

I couldn't believe that that was where the episode ended for the finale. That whole episode was amazingly well-acted and the scenes
with Dean's death were amazingly sad....

I think the problem with the the side characters they try adding like Ruby and Bela is that the creators listen to the fans a bit too much. There are a large portion of fans (the stupid females who watch it solely cause they think Sam and Dean should be gay together) complain and complain about any female characters that are added to the show, and the creators tend to think "Hey, no one likes these new characters" and decide to get rid of them. I thought it was complete bullshit to kill off Bela like they did and I truly hope that we somehow bring Ruby back next season,
since Lilith just said she sent Ruby somewhere else, not killing her, and Ruby's body was left abandoned when Lilith abandoned the body.

I like this show but does anyone else find themself getting aggravated at Sam's character to the point of wanting to turn the channel sometimes? I imagine what the show would be like sometimes if it was just Dean and I can't help but think it would be better. I'm definitely looking forward to tonight.

I sometimes think Sam can be a bit whiny, but that's just how it's set up: Dean's the nonchalant, reckless one; and Sam's the emotional, more rational one.

I don't mind Sam that much, especially now that he has had to man up last season. But the character personalities play off each other well

I can't wait for the premiere tonight. I can't believe I missed this thread altogether. Looking forward to seeing how Dean got out of Hell. I wonder who he made a deal with or who made a deal for him (Bobby anyone, good character but expandable).

I think it will suck without Ruby. And as for the chick that played Jo, she is a regular on ER, not sure how long she has been.

[quote name='craven_fiend']I can't wait for the premiere tonight. I can't believe I missed this thread altogether. Looking forward to seeing how Dean got out of Hell. I wonder who he made a deal with or who made a deal for him (Bobby anyone, good character but expandable).

I think it will suck without Ruby. And as for the chick that played Jo, she is a regular on ER, not sure how long she has been.[/QUOTE]

I'm hoping they stay away from the deal angle again, it would be played out. On the other hand I have no idea how it is going to be resolved otherwise.

I did not except what happened at the end of season three to happen. I had always figured that they would have found a solution and everything would be fine. Rarely does a show deliver on a promise.

Oh yeah, Supernatural is the best show on TV right now, hands down. It's never disappoints.

[quote name='coolsteel']I'm hoping they stay away from the deal angle again, it would be played out. On the other hand I have no idea how it is going to be resolved otherwise.[/quote]

Another idea could be that with the Crossroads Demon dead, thanks to Sammy, that the contract, while carried out, was null/void due to the demon being dead. Its going to be something cool, hopefully. Only thing I know is that Dean has no memory (to start the season) of the time from him going to Hell to the present. I think the article said he pieces it together throughout the season.

anyone who watch can tell what happened in the last 5 mins comcast channel went dark and never came back.

I think it was the devil but wont know cause didnt get to see the end : (

[quote name='coolsteel']
Guy turned out to be an angel telling Dean God had work for him to do
[/QUOTE]

Thanks BUT

you got to remember though the devil was an Angel ... still think the dude is the devil

pretty sure he is cause i think the tv guide said that the devil will be a main person this season as the end of the world is the idea this season

[quote name='slidecage']Thanks BUT

you got to remember though the devil was an Angel ... still think the dude is the devil

pretty sure he is cause i think the tv guide said that the devil will be a main person this season as the end of the world is the idea this season
[/QUOTE]

Either way they are going to need some new toys to fight him then, the guy walked into the room and they shot him with everything they had, then stabbed him with the special knife, all he did was stare at them . I figured the devil was going to be in the show sooner or later after the revelation that no demon had ever seen him and chalked it up as a myth

OK, it just aired on the west coast. Like, just 17 minutes ago. Spoilers will follow the header.

And coolsteel, I reckon that guy may be Lucifer, the fallen angel. It just makes sense.

Supernatural, Season 4
Episode 1, "Lazarus Rising"

"I'm not a demon either."
"Sorry, I had to be careful."

"What other choice do we have?"
"I choose life."

"You are not invited."

Oh, Supernatural. I have missed you.

The new Supernatural opening with the crows is a bit creepy, but good creepy. It's not as pretty as last season's graphic, though.

Holy crap! It blinded her bloody.

Holy crap! Dean's still a bad ass.

Holy crap! Sam's a bad ass psychic.

It's nice to see Ruby's back. At least in name. I suspect she aided Sam in him utilizing his psychic abilities. Dean will probably be none too pleased when he finds out about Sam. A rift will be formed, I reckon; which will be painful for us fans who enjoy Jared and Jensen's chemistry.

"Because god commanded it."

This has to be the final season. It is getting cosmic. To quote one of Lord Whedon's greatest creations, after this season, "Where do we go from here?"

"We need to talk, Dean. Alone."

I think I have a reasonable guess about this season's direction. It appears the rumors may be true. Dean versus Sam. Heaven versus Hell. I think it's Heaven. The thing said it was an angel of the lord. For all we know, he could be Lucifer the fallen angel. But yes, Dean and Sam fight, and something happens, and Dean winds up in Heaven. I think. I don't know. All I know is that I am very glad Supernatural has returned.

[quote name='coolsteel']Lets not forget the diner slap, classic, classic scene[/quote]

Dean is such a bad ass. I really did miss this show. :whistle2:(

While I wanted the original actress for Ruby, I think this new actress seems promising.

I don't know, new actress didn't seem as forceful as the previous one. She is cute but I would have preferred the old actress.
But I also already figured Ruby would switch bodies from time to time, being a demon and all she isn't tied down to one sack of meat.

Yeah, the new actress did not have a strong presence. I assume that may change in time, though. Hopefully. Supernatural's casting department usually reels us solid, strong female personalities.

haha the diner slap was the best I laughed out lout at the bad assness of it.
awesome premier. can't wait for next week.

i also actually believe the guy is an angel. say he is the devil and wants sam and dean to hunt demons, that would make it just like Reaper almost with out the silliness. 2 shows like that on the same channel would be a bit much i think for network HQ

New Ruby is garbage. She has a clay face. They need to drop her ASAP and figure out how to bring the old one back.

Oh yeah, lets bring Ash back while we're at it.

[quote name='HowStern']haha the diner slap was the best I laughed out lout at the bad assness of it.
awesome premier. can't wait for next week.

i also actually believe the guy is an angel. say he is the devil and wants sam and dean to hunt demons, that would make it just like Reaper almost with out the silliness. 2 shows like that on the same channel would be a bit much i think for network HQ
[/quote]

Good point. :whistle2:k

And Ash would definitely be a welcomed return.

I really hope this isn't the last season of the show. Its been very solid and will look to take over Smallville's spot, assuming this is the last season of Smallville.

Castiel is a tough call. His wings instantly made me think of an Arch Angel. But the way he knocked Bobby out had me thinking of the religious programs where the preacher touches the forehead of a person and they fall backwards. It should be pretty interesting to see how things unfold.

Supernatural, Season 4
Episode 2, “Are you there, God? It’s me, Dean Winchester”

"Well that creeps me out. I don't like getting singled out at birthday parties let alone by God."

"I thought angels were to supposed to be helpful---not dicks."

"If you say 'mysterious ways' so help me, I will kick your ass."

The new opening with the white background and black flapping crow's wings or angel's wings still creeps me out.

Apparently, Ruby has heard of angels. Her reaction and statement validates the existence of greater supernatural beings. I find it odd that angels didn't first pop into her head when she heard about Dean's return.

I still think Castiel is Lucifer, a fallen angel. Why would his wings be black? While, according to Ruby, angels "smite first and ask questions later" and are less wholesome, I still think Team Supernatural would give them white wings. Dark, shadowy wings just screams fallen angel. Also, considering his invulnerability, I think my guess is a fair estimate.

I also still think Dean was brought back by a more powerful version of the Mark of the Witness and is only here until he completes what God intended him to do. Probably curb the apocalypse. Send the the horsemen off into a sunset. After all this, we'll then be treated to Dean reuniting with Papa Winchester, and fading into white. Mark my words.

Sam shooting Meg in the face after she called him a monster shows that Sam has what it takes to snap and turn evil.

Those ghosts of misery past seemed awfully powerful. The whole "ghost Kano heart grab" ability seemed pretty handy.

Lilith and the Sixty-six Seals. It's like Snow White and the Seven Dwarves, but when the prince kisses Lilith it kills the prince and Lilith remains dead.

[quote name='coolsteel']Well Castiel showed he wasn't going to take Dean's crap, otherwise the episode was largely forgettable.[/quote]

Confirming the existence of angels, and Dean and Castiel's interaction was this episode's focus. I like how angels aren't distinct, black and white characters. As Castiel said, they are "warriors of god." Interesting.

end of season 3

Sam leader of the devil

dean leader of heaven

or the other way around

if that happens that be so freaking lame. but expect both brothers to turn on each other by the end of the season

Slidecage, I thought the same thing. We'll see how it works out. Supernatural has never let me down before (and I've been there since day one).

The part about the pie was $$$$.

I don't see them being leaders of squat, unless Sam makes a huge leap in demonic knowledge he doesn't know enough to do it, Dean is struggling to even believe an angel is front of him so he's out too. But I fully expect the brothers to turn on each other sooner or later as well.

its a cool show and i like how they focus on myths , legends and urban legends. its going to be an uphill battle though since last i heard the show was having money issues i just hope they dont smallville it. cool steel is right though if that guy was a legit angel then yeah the bros may end up fihting on the opposite ends of the overall war but then again just cause you have wings dont make you an angel........

[quote name='lokizz']its a cool show and i like how they focus on myths , legends and urban legends. its going to be an uphill battle though since last i heard the show was having money issues i just hope they dont smallville it. cool steel is right though if that guy was a legit angel then yeah the bros may end up fihting on the opposite ends of the overall war but then again just cause you have wings dont make you an angel........[/QUOTE]

this is why i still think he is a demon.

Black wings = fallen angel

bread's done
Back