- - - - -

The General 360 Owners/Buyers FAQ Thread (Updated 1/15/10)

#931 TMNT770   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   730 Posts   Joined 9.5 Years Ago  

Posted 14 August 2008 - 01:48 AM

anybody knows the trade in value for Call Of Duty 4 GOTY Xbox 360, Timeshift PS3 & Haze PS3?

#932 Unickuta   I do believe we're naked CAGiversary!   1282 Posts   Joined 9.8 Years Ago  

Posted 14 August 2008 - 03:02 AM

anybody knows the trade in value for Call Of Duty 4 GOTY Xbox 360, Timeshift PS3 & Haze PS3?

just call and ask

#933 TMNT770   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   730 Posts   Joined 9.5 Years Ago  

Posted 14 August 2008 - 03:12 AM

they wont give me over the phone

#934 Unickuta   I do believe we're naked CAGiversary!   1282 Posts   Joined 9.8 Years Ago  

Posted 14 August 2008 - 03:18 AM

Try another Blockbuster- I've never had your problem.

#935 JJSP   Divorce & The American South CAGiversary!   9949 Posts   Joined 10.0 Years Ago  

Posted 14 August 2008 - 03:18 AM

Which BBV is this? Are they actually running the sale?

Imperial Hwy in Brea. Don't know if they're actually running it, but if the signs are up, I'm sure one could make a push for it. I didn't try - long ass line last night.

Cause I'm sick of seeing ghosts, and I know how it's all gonna end

There's no triumph waiting, there's no sunset to ride off in

We all want to be great men, there's nothing romantic about it

I just want to know that I did all I could with what I was given

I just want to sell out my funeral.

I just want to be enough for everyone.

#936 alexiel   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   63 Posts   Joined 8.6 Years Ago  

Posted 14 August 2008 - 03:41 AM

this happens quite a bit to me. it really depends on the workers. i can call the same blockbuster and get quotes one day and the next they tell me i need to bring the games in and they would be happy to give me the tiv. just call around like the other person mentioned

#937 io   ... Super Moderators   24121 Posts   Joined 11.7 Years Ago  

Posted 14 August 2008 - 04:31 AM

So I'm in Tucson and was going to check out a Blockbuster to see what they had for sale and ask for the trade-in price for SST PS3. I didn't have anything to trade. As I left the restaurant across the street a huge thunderstorm hit and it started pouring. I thought, cool, I'll duck into the BB while it passes. Well, as soon as I pulled into the BB parking area there was a very close lightning strike and all the power went out for at least a mile all around. I guess I should take that as a sign that SST is not a good thing to trade :lol:. (But seriously, I still want to find out tomorrow how much it trades for).

#938 JJSP   Divorce & The American South CAGiversary!   9949 Posts   Joined 10.0 Years Ago  

Posted 14 August 2008 - 06:16 AM

Noticed a couple of random used price drops - :wii: Elebits went from $16.99 to $14.99, and :wii: SD v Raw 2008 went from $24.99 to $19.99.

#939 V4Oldboy   Vengeance 4 Oldboy CAGiversary!   3838 Posts   Joined 8.8 Years Ago  

Posted 14 August 2008 - 06:52 AM

Ok decided tyo keep the madden psp, lack of silkscreen decides it for me, its not as shiny as my cousin made it out to be, but it is shiny if in a lit room.

So I got 2 codes, Syphon Filter: Combat Ops and Beats. One will be a random drawing and another a contest. (but what?) (and which one for which contest), I think beats for contest and SF:CO for random, sound good? So if you want to be in the drawing for syphon filter, put :imwithst: at the end of your post so I can see it, dont pm as I dont have many open atm. You gotta post something, dont just put :imwithst:, I would like to have it for people who contributed to the thread, not the leechers.

"You WROTE it, you can't UN-WRITE it!" - Maurice LaMarche

[if you need help funding a PSN gameshare (US) I'm happy to help out fellow CAGs (PM me) as long as you are patient.]

#940 vanlandw   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1762 Posts   Joined 12.4 Years Ago  

vanlandw

Posted 14 August 2008 - 07:02 AM

One of my local blockbuster's was doing the clearance sale. Nothing worth of note that hasn't been mentioned (Army of Two PS3) f/ I believe $50 and some bad Wii games but they were new and not used. Also they were clearancing Indy merch as well but no good drops and many used games with bad prices (Dark Sector PS3 I'm looking at you).

:imwithst:

#941 weguzs   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   190 Posts   Joined 8.6 Years Ago  

Posted 14 August 2008 - 07:44 AM

BBV Called Me Yesterday, Saying my Madden PSP Is There, Funny thing My Bud Order it and he Forgot it.

So Now he got till next Monday or they will sale it to somebody else.
194.xx + tax

on side note
my bbv also has sales on PS2/xbox games only (not 360) $19.xx & under
and movie posters alot, star wars, and others things indy shirts and stuff $4.99-14.99
they also had ps3,wii & 360 games from 24.99-49.99 marked as clearance price. LOL

#942 Chase   $ CAGiversary!   7653 Posts   Joined 8.7 Years Ago  

Posted 14 August 2008 - 07:59 AM

I don't know if 75-percent is an accurate estimation, Yasha. When I play, the vehicles are primarily used for transport. Anti-tank mines, artillery, and personal airstrikes pretty much make things fair if someone has access to those items. The RPG is also effective against tanks. So are your own tanks. And this is just in regards to tanks. If one can aim, picking off or stopping people using the Humvee or boat weapons can be done fairly easily. Only the helicopter presents a greater challenge, and when a good pilot presents itself, the team usually comes together and shoots it down.

But yes, both are solid games.

#943 demo808   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   64 Posts   Joined 8.2 Years Ago  

Posted 14 August 2008 - 08:24 AM

This is my first post, so I hope this help.

BB - GS TIV with 30% and 10% edge
PS2
Singstar: Amped $7.49 - $8.49 (YMMV)
Power Rangers Super Legends $9.99 - $12.60
Iridium Runners $4.99 - $7.00
GC
Incredible Hulk: Destruction $6.99 – $7.00
Metroid Prime 2 $4.99 - $8.40
Wii
Super Smash Bros. Brawl $34.99 - $37.80

GS – BB TIV
PS3: K&L - $30
PS3: SST - $23
360: MM08 - $15

#944 REL1203   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   353 Posts   Joined 9.9 Years Ago  

Posted 14 August 2008 - 12:47 PM

Having played both, i like COD much better. BF2 :MC was great, and i got BF BC and just couldnt get into it as much as i thought i would, and I also found myself saying, why am I playing this when I could be playing a much better COD4.... But to each there own
http://profile.mygamercard.net/REL1203]http://profile.mygamercard.net/REL1203%5D

#945 luan87us   I am cheap! CAGiversary!   1812 Posts   Joined 8.3 Years Ago  

Posted 14 August 2008 - 01:27 PM

OOOH WTF? Metroid Prime 2 is only $4.99 @ BBV? The shao fu BBV near me has a copy but stickered 9.99. I was going to buy it to trade in GS because i remember someone mention GS Sells this game for 39.99 used. But when i call to get a quote the douche bag works there said "No i don't do trade in value over the phone man" and i keep on asking and he just gave mea random value of 4$ -_-. And thanks for the list man I'm looking to get rid of the little BBV credit i have left to put back in GS.

#946 popemogoth   pop-EMO-goth CAGiversary!   881 Posts   Joined 9.6 Years Ago  

Posted 14 August 2008 - 02:48 PM

Your choice if you like Infantry go with COD4. If you prefer recon type missions on a huge map go with BC.

#947 Brenex   Cobra Commander CAGiversary!   1079 Posts   Joined 9.8 Years Ago  

Posted 14 August 2008 - 03:10 PM

Take it for what it is, but the Blockbuster near me still has the B1G1 signage up, now with the terms and conditions at the bottom marked out with sharpie.

One of my BBV was like this too but I didn't check. The terms were still there and it happened a couple of days after it supposedly ended so take it with a grain of salt; they could have just forgot to take down the signs.

#948 captnjack   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   52 Posts   Joined 9.0 Years Ago  

captnjack

Posted 14 August 2008 - 04:26 PM

Looks like TP:FoL is a decent flip if bought from GoGamer.

TP: FoL - 17.90 to 26

#949 Segasonic01   Sonic Collector CAGiversary!   1946 Posts   Joined 10.2 Years Ago  

Segasonic01

Posted 14 August 2008 - 06:34 PM

My local pawn had all 360 games for $10 today. Bought & flipped these:

Gears of War-$25
Frontlines-$15
Halo 3-$22
Blacksite-$15

Left C&C3: Tiberium Wars (how much does it get) and also bought Dark Messiah but I am assuming it only gets $12 so it will go in the collection.

#950 heatdolphins45   305 CAG CAGiversary!   3569 Posts   Joined 10.1 Years Ago  

heatdolphins45

Posted 14 August 2008 - 06:41 PM

I picked up the Office Poster for $14.99 at BB today, I'm down to $213 in credit now.

"Limits, like fear, is just an illusion," Michael Jordan.

Currently Playing:
:ps4: Batman Arkham Asylum 

#951 mkernan   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3192 Posts   Joined 9.5 Years Ago  

Posted 14 August 2008 - 06:43 PM

Lol. I found Spiderman 3 and Cars under the passenger seat of my car after being out of town for a week. I guess they must have slid under there during my massive GS->BB->GS->BB flipping without me noticing. Went ahead and took them to GS to get like $9 toward Force Unleashed. I decided to pre-order Little Big Planet too even though I already put $5 down at BB (I want the God of War sackboy costume).

I'm surprised Gears of War still gets $25 after all this time.... might get rid of mine since 2 is coming in Nov.

Posted Image

#952 GuardianE   S-Rank CAGiversary!   4479 Posts   Joined 8.4 Years Ago  

Posted 14 August 2008 - 06:45 PM

lmao, the same thing happened with me weeks ago. I saw, wedged by the door of the passenger seat, a copy of Golden Compass (360). This was days after I said I'd stop flipping and finding this new game fueled my need to started the process all over again.
My name is in your Resident Evil 5 manual. ;)

#953 awp   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3366 Posts   Joined 12.7 Years Ago  

Posted 14 August 2008 - 06:45 PM

I may have missed it, but did Rock Band for PS2 go back up in price? I was finally going to take the dive since I knew it was $99 at BB and I could just trade in the game itself towards the PS3 version (since both use the same instruments, but all of my local BB in Greenville, SC are sold out. So I happen to be going to Myrtle Beach in the near future and called a store down there. They have 4 but at $159.

Sucks if I missed it.

#954 Ink.So.Well.   Well.Went.Wild. CAGiversary!   3020 Posts   Joined 10.3 Years Ago  

Ink.So.Well.

Posted 14 August 2008 - 07:25 PM

BBV Called Me Yesterday, Saying my Madden PSP Is There, Funny thing My Bud Order it and he Forgot it.

So Now he got till next Monday or they will sale it to somebody else.
194.xx + tax

on side note
my bbv also has sales on PS2/xbox games only (not 360) $19.xx & under
and movie posters alot, star wars, and others things indy shirts and stuff $4.99-14.99
they also had ps3,wii & 360 games from 24.99-49.99 marked as clearance price. LOL

I'm pretty pissed to hear of your store even holding the item for so long let alone at all. Down here they won't let you reserve or hold anything. It's first come and first serve bullshit. Ugh.

Stop trying to Scooby-Doo this. We're not going to solve this mystery for you. 

#955 jlarlee   Tom Brady GOAT CAGiversary!   5577 Posts   Joined 12.9 Years Ago  

Posted 14 August 2008 - 08:00 PM

I was just thinking but has there ever been a good DS flip?
Posted Image

#956 Rob26Smith   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   111 Posts   Joined 11.6 Years Ago  

Rob26Smith

Posted 14 August 2008 - 08:14 PM

Ok decided tyo keep the madden psp, lack of silkscreen decides it for me, its not as shiny as my cousin made it out to be, but it is shiny if in a lit room.

So I got 2 codes, Syphon Filter: Combat Ops and Beats. One will be a random drawing and another a contest. (but what?) (and which one for which contest), I think beats for contest and SF:CO for random, sound good? So if you want to be in the drawing for syphon filter, put :imwithst: at the end of your post so I can see it, dont pm as I dont have many open atm. You gotta post something, dont just put :imwithst:, I would like to have it for people who contributed to the thread, not the leechers.

Does Madden come in a regular PSP case or is it a sleeve type of deal? I was thinking of getting the Madden PSP trade in madden game and purchase the god of war game. Anybody know how well do PSP games trade at BB? or would it be better at GS?

#957 doubledown   Funky Daddy CAGiversary!   11744 Posts   Joined 12.5 Years Ago  

Posted 14 August 2008 - 08:26 PM

Wow, Gears of War gets $25 still....that is a nice price. I may trade mine in since #2 looks pretty darn good. I loved the single player, but barely played the multiplayer for some reason. It was enjoyable, but I never played it much.

I think I still have $300+ credit, looking to buy something new....maybe I will just get osme games. I really want NHL 09, GoW2 and Fallout 3 (I think)

#958 king007   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   223 Posts   Joined 8.6 Years Ago  

Posted 14 August 2008 - 08:41 PM

GS new coupon is 25% of used wii/gamecube/gba games. Im thinking there might be some good wii fits but not sure since BBV is starting to be on top of things.

#959 JJSP   Divorce & The American South CAGiversary!   9949 Posts   Joined 10.0 Years Ago  

Posted 14 August 2008 - 08:42 PM

New coupon (starting tomorrow) at GS is 25% off any used Nintendo system games (meaning Wii, DS, 'Cube, and GBA). Here we go again.

#960 Nikadimas   Freelance Police CAGiversary!   978 Posts   Joined 9.0 Years Ago  

Posted 14 August 2008 - 08:54 PM

New coupon (starting tomorrow) at GS is 25% off any used Nintendo system games (meaning Wii, DS, 'Cube, and GBA). Here we go again.

Ah Jeez. Oh well, guess I have to go get the money from those Madden preorders now and pick up some Wii games. Time to start searching for the good flips since I've exhausted Dancing with the Stars and Budokai already.