FREE RICE: Help feed the world!

Ubivin

CAGiversary!
Feedback
9 (100%)
Hello everyone!

For those with free time: I have something you guys can do and at the same time help save world hunger. www.FreeRice.com is a nonprofit organization that has a simple concept: feed the world with a "correct answer" at a time. They will donate 20 grains of rice for every correct answer you make.

It is simple, all you do is as soon as you get to the website (no signing up is involved). A question is posed, and all the questions are definitions related. For an example:

Small means:

A. little
B. big
C. yellow
D. phone

You click the correct answer and it will tell you that you just donated 20 grains of rice. Every correct answer is 20 grains of rice. Simple and actually fun. Also helps improve your vocabulary. Have fun!

I did this a long time ago. I think I got a few thousand rice. Im not sure If it was all recorded though so I felt like I didnt donate the rice that I earned. Maybe might give it a crack again.

Shinryuu, it's fine if your vocab is limited, it gives you more reasons to try it out. One of the reasons why they decided to use definitions as opposed to other questions is most people dread studying vocab so they gave an extra incentive.

Pyramid_Party, every time you get a correct answer, it is automatically recorded, even if your computer shuts down in the middle of it. According to their FAQ:

"Once your screen says that you have donated a certain amount of rice, that means our servers have registered it. For example, suppose your screen says that you have donated 120 grains of rice. If your computer then suddenly loses power, or you close your browser, or you click to go somewhere else, your donation has already been counted."

Well, I just donated 500 grains of rice. I think I did pretty well. My skill level when I ended was 38 and my high was 40. I guess the highest is 60, and according to the FAQ, several hundred people have reached 60. Shrug...

I teach 6th grade and had my kids play this in our computer lab. They had fun with it. I've even seen them go back and play it on their free time. Video games that are fun and do some good = can't go wrong.

Donated 2220 grains of rice, ended at lvl 33. Fun, might try again later, and challenge my brother to see how much he gets. lol. :D

Holy crap, I got some crazy words. Gave up at 240 grains donated because I was looking up every word online. Staid, majuscule, kirtle, chimera, assiduity... my vocab is decent but not at this level, for sure.

It'll push it back to your normal level if you just let the obscure ones go. I don't remember how far I got when I first played this, something like 600 grains.

Just to put things in perspective, there's ~7200 grains in a cup of rice. XP

I remember I heard of this site a while ago, forgot to visit the site back then. Anyways, just donated 1040 grains, I'll donate more later.

bread's done
Back