[Canada] Wal-Mart: Xbox 360 HD-DVD Add-on - $19.88

For the price of a large pizza delivered to my door.

I use the Xbox 360 HDDVD player to play DVDs, so I won't have to take my game out when watching movies. $19.99 well worth it. If you plug it into your computer you can burn a movie/cd/dvd with one drive, and watch a dvd/HDDVD with your HDDVD player. Transformers on HDDVD is nice watching it over and over again. Good luck finding one Firestorm.

img105.jpg

i just bought the last one in Atlantic Canada! Wal-Mart in Dartmouth Crossing is now bare of all HD-DVD awesomeness!

well, dead format or not, the 360 remote control alone retails for $25-30.

the bonus KK movie and add-on player would be like icing on the cake :D

most WM should be all cleared out of these players by now. YMMV

[quote name='Kekumba']Hmm, I'll take a look later. Are their any deals on HD DVD's at Wal-Mart right now (hell, anywhere)?[/quote]

spking of HD-DVDs, did WM actually put them on clearance... ? after that initial (crappy) sale of HD movies (e.g. Pan's Labyrinth and other titles for $7, Troy DC for $15), the next time i went back the shelves were empty. was told they sent them all back to MFR :cry:

Nothing at Kanata Centrum. In fact, the cheapest HD DVD I saw was $19.99, some others still being full price at $33, $35, etc..

[quote name='Kekumba']Hmm, I'll take a look later. Are their any deals on HD DVD's at Wal-Mart right now (hell, anywhere)?[/quote]

Rogers Video is clearing them out at $9.99 and less I think.

lol I just bought it at FS for 49.99 time to go to FS and get 30$ back. what a deal... upconverter/HD DVD player (/hd dvd ripper for pc hee hee) for 20 bucks.

and 500GB HD's are like 80$ now huh... interesting :p

Only one location in Winnipeg has any (McPhillips), and they're still at $200. :( Would printing out that receipt and taking it to BB/FF work, despite the different provinces?

[quote name='Firestorm']Rogers Video is clearing them out at $9.99 and less I think.[/quote]
correct
and they qualify for BOGO

[quote name='Phorty Ounce']On a side note, will these HD DVD drives read games? My current 360 drive is acting pissy these days.[/quote]

no

BLAST.

It's all Roman's fault. I put in GTA IV, and got his clingy ass phoning me to grab a bite to eat since his fat ass can't pay for that shit. Then the dirty disc read error pops up, and I am like what the fuck?

[quote name='Phorty Ounce']BLAST.

It's all Roman's fault. I put in GTA IV, and got his clingy ass phoning me to grab a bite to eat since his fat ass can't pay for that shit. Then the dirty disc read error pops up, and I am like what the fuck?[/quote]

maybe it's not your xbox...my disk has been doing the same thing. It's only GTA doing it aswell

I've been contemplating either exchanging it or goozexing it and buying a new copy. I don't know if it's my xbox or the disk but I am starting to think it's the disk. The disk is flawless though.

[quote name='Winnopeg']Only one location in Winnipeg has any (McPhillips), and they're still at $200. :( Would printing out that receipt and taking it to BB/FF work, despite the different provinces?[/quote]

Did they scan it? It should be nationwide. You can try the receipt, but most Future Shop and Best Buys are sold out.

i just cleared out another rogers video, i got:

I Now Pronounce You Chuck And Larry
The Bourne Identity
Blades of Glory
Oceans 13

all at $5 each, preowned.

Choose Wal-Mart for your player, and Rogers Video for all your HD-DVD needs! Woot!

I tried to get Futureshop to PM the drive yesterday but they wouldn't because they couldn't find a walmart that had stock and that could verify the price...

[quote name='craig64']I checked Capilano and Clairview for these today....the guy at Capilano told me they just sold out of them.[/quote]

Saved me a trip... I saw at least one at Capilano, and was wondering if it was kicking around still. Picked up 10 HD DVDs for $5 each from Rogers, now I actually want to find the player!:lol:

[quote name='Firestorm']Did they scan it? It should be nationwide. You can try the receipt, but most Future Shop and Best Buys are sold out.[/QUOTE]
No, I had just called. I think I might try that tomorrow, though... I actually really want one of these.

I'm finally gonna have time to go out tomorrow. I might call around. Ugh, stupid Vancouver not allowing a Wal-Mart in the city. I have to go out pretty far. I hear both Lougheed and New West are sold out so it's probably gonna be Capilano or Guildford...

I've tried looking for one at 4 Walmarts already; none of them have it.

Anyone kind enough to sell me one of their extras?

ok now the trick is finding hd dvds in stock, all my local blockbusters are sold out :( gonna have to get to the waterloo area!

Amazing Deal!!!

Luckily, living in a small town that somehow got a Wal Mart, no one has any HD DVDs, I managed to find one at my local one. Watching KING KONG right now.:D

Gotta find some cheap HD DVDs now.:bouncy:

The Hd-DVD drive just went on the futureshop website for $19.99. I printed it off and ran over to my futureshop before they closed. They were still marked at $49.99, and when the cashier rang it in it came up as $49.99. Good thing I had the print out - she matched the price right away! There is one left that I saw at Trinity Common Mall at 410 and Bovaird in Brampton, On.

Good luck!

Thanks. I just ordered it online. Came to $28 after tax + shipping. All my stores are sold out. Gonna check Rogers for cheap HD-DVDs. If there aren't any, I might just cancel.

[quote name='Firestorm']Thanks. I just ordered it online. Came to $28 after tax + shipping. All my stores are sold out. Gonna check Rogers for cheap HD-DVDs. If there aren't any, I might just cancel.[/quote]

Firestorm, good to see another fellow RFDer on the forums. I'm noticing quite a few here! Anywho, I ordered the drive as well, item was $19.99, plus $4.99 shipping to my place in Toronto. Not a bad price for shipping considering the price of gasoline. Does anyone know if any FS around North York have any in stock? But yes, definitely time to hunt for some HD DVDs!:lol:

[quote name='Revelation44']The Hd-DVD drive just went on the futureshop website for $19.99. I printed it off and ran over to my futureshop before they closed. They were still marked at $49.99, and when the cashier rang it in it came up as $49.99. Good thing I had the print out - she matched the price right away! There is one left that I saw at Trinity Common Mall at 410 and Bovaird in Brampton, On.

Good luck![/QUOTE]
Thanks for the heads up, just grabbed one online. $28 after shipping isn't as great as $20, but it's still not bad at all.

I thought about it and realized:
- I'm buying a PS3 anyway
- There aren't that many movies I'd want to buy as I'm not that big a movie buff
- Rogers is sold out of HD-DVDs in my area
- I hate extra stuff lying around

bread's done
Back