EB Games-GameDays Promo 2008 RETURNS MAY 23!FLYER NOW UP!!!!LINK!!!!

gamer602

CAGiversary!
Feedback
7 (100%)
Be sure to pop into EB on the 23rd! There will be a massive sale on tons of games and stuff! I saw the ads at the Metropolis Eb....Maybe Ranzo can provide a full list of games accessories on sale....The only thing I saw was the 2 for 20 sale....

http://ebgames.ca/fsi.asp

hardware_may.jpg

[quote name='gamer602']P.S- I better not find this deal on RFD as of yet....[/quote]
EB will wallpaper their store with flyers. RFD will certainly find out about it :roll: As long as EB clerks aren't retards (I know it's asking a lot) and don't sell 20 copies of every bargain game to one hoarder it should be fine.

excellent - I have the whole afternoon off. though I wish I was at AnimeNorth as well, but I'm sure you can find an EB games in the area, Azu.

[quote name='Kekumba']Not really familiar with this, anyone care to explain?[/quote]

Seconded. Info plz.

I've seen the ad. I can't talk about the details here, but at least one of the better deals we've seen in the last 6 months will be returning next weekend.

Gamestop is also doing this one, in case anyone is wondering. They had a huge stack of advertisements at the Brampton location but they didn't give any details other than that it starts May 23. I remember last year they had a few good prices on games as well as doing the trade in deals on consoles and handhelds. I did the trade in 8 last year to get my PSP.

[quote name='Phorty Ounce']Just wondering, would the American GS coupons work in Canadian GS/EB stores?[/QUOTE]

Some will. Its mostly limited to the coupons sent every Friday from Gamestop.com (Usually titled GameStop Weekend Specials) includes 1 coupon. The most recent one is buy 1 used Xbox game, get 1 free. This coupon does work in Canadian EB/GS stores, and it will "stack" with the 10% Edge discount.

I'm fairly certain that in-store coupons frm American EB/GS stores won't work in Canada.

[quote name='Nukkus']will there be boobies?[/quote]

Really, at the end of the day, this IS the deal breaker.

By the way, can anyone elaborate just a titch more about what this whole fuss is about? I've got my eye on something at a local EB and it's not used, so should I be waiting until Friday?

Is it this going to be the same game of the day kinda thing they did last month? Ah, RFD ppl will eventually wipe every store in Canada. :cry:

[quote name='Digerati']Is it this going to be the same game of the day kinda thing they did last month? Ah, RFD ppl will eventually wipe every store in Canada. :cry:[/quote]

Probably the same as last year where they actually order in more stock and have great discounts. I remember lots of copies of Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney last year for $20. That was great for those who didn't have it yet!

[quote name='Cthulhu8u']Are we not commenting because of fear of the RFD effect/lurkers? Could someone in the know please PM me some details then?[/quote]

I think they just want to keep their jobs =P

I guess I'll stop by after work on Friday, hope the deals are good.
I'm worried, because it also happens to be payday.

[quote name='Bamm']It's deals like this that make me glad I live somewhere without hoarders[/quote]
Such a place exists? :roll:

Along with not taking in PC trades anymore i would "assume" some kind of deal on used pc games for start. I would also think about the trade deals on systems as they always come back around this time.

[quote name='Ranzo']Along with not taking in PC trades anymore i would "assume" some kind of deal on used pc games for start. I would also think about the trade deals on systems as they always come back around this time.[/quote]

Would you "guess" that the MGS4 PS3 bundle would be included or do you think it's "likely" that it's just the old units?

So what was the last GameDays like, was there a thread for it so we might have an idea of what it was like? (I searched GameDays and nothing came up)

i saw a banner at the EB games in Owen Sound that said something along the lines of game sales or game deals "May 22nd to June 22nd" so maybe its a game otw/otd sale.

will have to see if my friends at eb can assist me in the direction of to what could be sale items :)

[quote name='Firestorm']Would you "guess" that the MGS4 PS3 bundle would be included or do you think it's "likely" that it's just the old units?[/quote]

most likely it will only be whatever sku's are available for these kinda promotions. Which leaves only the 40gig sku since the 80gig is discontinued. The new 40gig sku kinda sucks since there is no movie/game in it anymore.

also with regards to the no trades values for pc games. you can only expect the used pc to be dumped off to make room for something else.

I also noticed a lot of UMD's are comming up with no trade in values :/ which means we wont see many UMD's comming in. I liked that i could get UMD's for cheap at ebgames.

[quote name='Digerati']Such a place exists? :roll:[/quote]

I'm not sure if there's even anyone here in St. John's who actually uses CAG or RFD more than the scattered occasion. Deals that are usually ruined by hoarders elsewhere have still been offered days after I've seen them declared mostly dead on this board.

Hell, some local messageboards are full of people trying to swap games and similar stuff, but nobody ever joins gametz or tradegamesnow even when the sites do happen to be brought up.

Small miracles :p

Oh god, it's on RFD

EBGames will have a HUGE sale starting friday (May 23). A lot 10$/20$ games (all consoles), a white PS2 with singstar and 2 mics for 100$, PSP star wars battlefront pack for 169,99$.

Army of Two 49,99$
The Club 39.99$
Condemned 2 39.99$
Naruto Path of the Ninja (360) 19.99$
Rainbow six vegas PSP 9,99$
Monster Hunter Freedom PSP 14,99$
22$ TIV for God of War Chains of Olympus (on sale RIGHT NOW at FS for 20$, buy it play it and then return it at EB for 22$)
40$ TIV for Rainbow Six Vegas 2
2 games for 20$ and many many more (6 pages flyer).

Credit goes to Grimcurse on RFD. Like the info but hate it's now on RFD

Also EBGames will have a HUGE sale starting friday (May 23). A lot 10$/20$ games (all consoles), a white PS2 with singstar and 2 mics for 100$, PSP star wars battlefront pack for 169,99$.

Army of Two 49,99$
The Club 39.99$
Condemned 2 39.99$
22$ TIV for God of War Chains of Olympus (on sale RIGHT NOW at FS for 20$, buy it play it and then return it at EB for 22$)

straight posted from RFD.
your best bet is to go to eb friday morning.

[quote name='Bamm']I'm not sure if there's even anyone here in St. John's who actually uses CAG or RFD more than the scattered occasion. Deals that are usually ruined by hoarders elsewhere have still been offered days after I've seen them declared mostly dead on this board.[/quote]

Well, there's at least one :D I wouldn't call myself a hoarder though.

[quote name='CaptainCharismaCCC']Also EBGames will have a HUGE sale starting friday (May 23). A lot 10$/20$ games (all consoles), a white PS2 with singstar and 2 mics for 100$, PSP star wars battlefront pack for 169,99$.

Army of Two 49,99$
The Club 39.99$
Condemned 2 39.99$

straight posted from RFD.
your best bet is to go to eb friday morning.[/quote]

Interested in seeing the flyers, most of the stuff mentioned although good, doesn't interest me.
The Singstar bundle is decent for $100, so is the PSP bundle, R6V PSP was $10 on boxing day.

Anyone have Monster Hunter Freedom PSP? Any good, or are the controls crappy (think I heard that somewhere)?

Blah, nothing too interesting. I got $22 for GoW on May 7th, anyway.
If it was MHF2, I would definitely be all over that.

i was in tonight doin some trades and also just askin about the game days. Found out that trade 3 for anything is on until thursday at my store, schwing! and picked up my copies of haze!

Anyways, was just told to come check it out friday, they had 3 or 4 pages of stuff they had to get ready to "red sticker" (aka clear out prices) and it will be goin on for about a month. He just noted that if i recalled the sales a little while ago's sales (blu rays cheap, etc, you know) it will be somewhat like that, spread out.

also just a question, i have a bunch of games i want to trade in, should i wait until friday for the ones i know will be over 8$ still or just do it now, as in wait for a promo as they usually come out of left field. Ranzo some sort of guidance? :D

it is noted that all copies should be on the floor, meaning they will be opened and cds taken out. Most of RFD hoarders will not buy that product as it is not easy to resell and trade in is low.

[quote name='Ranzo']it is noted that all copies should be on the floor, meaning they will be opened and cds taken out. Most of RFD hoarders will not buy that product as it is not easy to resell and trade in is low.[/quote]

I hope so. I've followed a couple of those BBV pricedrop/EB sale threads, and it seems like hoarders are more like just-buy-first minded. A lot of them realized later that they can't make much profit after all.

well thats good to hear, but this doesn't stop them from "pricematching lulz FS U SUCK" because technically they are new, but gutted.

Also, i was one of the (maybe) many who bought games while they were priced low, i.e. Stuntman for 4.xx used, Donkey Kong for 9.89 new and played them like a rental and traded them back for the trade 3.

Hope its not frowned upon, anyone who actually liked stuntman should check out the first and donkey kong barrel blast was just annoying, especially when compared to mario kart.

thanks for the heads up

Its at times like this when i really wished that i worked for EB....

I drop hundreds when they have sells like this.....this one is going to be crazy, as a psp and ps2 wll run $300.. and theres also games i want....

oh well, by thursday im sure there will be a list of titles on sale...

bread's done
Back