Use headphones? Beware of helicopters

[quote name='Moxio']The volume was so loud he couldn't hear a fuckING HELICOPTER?[/QUOTE]

My thoughts exactly. Particularly the "a fuckING HELICOPTER?" part.

[quote name='Moxio']The volume was so loud he couldn't hear a fuckING HELICOPTER?[/QUOTE]

Not sure about you, but when I hear a loud, rumbling sound I don't usually associate it with "ahh, helicopters are falling on me!" I just think it's a plane passing overhead and sometimes they're loud as hell.

He probably heard it but didn't think anything of it. A few seconds before he got crushed, he probably realized where that loud ass sound was coming from.

Like the article said, if he had it turned up so loud that he couldn't hear the helicopter, he must have had it up to a deafening sound level.

Either those were some really crappy earphones, or some really good ones. I have a pair of earplug earphones and they block out the noise of a busy bus station. It's getting to be that I can't stand environmental noise and just wear those or real earplugs all the time.

If the student had been drunk, they would have referred to him as the "drunken kid" instead of the "iPod kid." If he'd been in a heated conversation on a cell phone, he would've been the "cell phone kid." The daydreaming kid. The sleep-deprived kid. Whatever. Simply put, he wasn't aware of his surroundings.

How many people get hit by cars and die every single day, because they weren't aware of their surroundings, I wonder? My God...there should be a LAW! ...no, accidents just happen. That's all. It's a shame (not a tragedy, mind you) and it's regretful, but not every (avoidable) death is evidence of a larger problem.

Dumbass yellow journalists. On a side note: kids do listen to music way too loudly & for too long, nowadays. A lot of dumb kids don't realize that the hair cells which facilitate hearing are one of the few cell types which do not regenerate. If you lose 'em, you've lost them forever. Have fun going deaf. And watch out for falling aircraft, you little ijits.

I'll try to find the results, but there was a study stating that listening to an iPod on maximum volume is the equivalent of standing next to a jet engine....

...still though, A fuckING HELICOPTER?!

bread's done
Back