top 5 ps3 games

These get posted fairly often, but I can't resist making lists. My favorites are:

1. Ratchet & Clank Future
2. Uncharted
3. Folklore
4. Burnout Paradise
5. Ninja Gaiden Sigma

This depends on what other games you previously enjoyed. Obivously there's GTA IV, but other standouts include: Uncharted, Resistance:FOM, Ninja Gaiden Sigma, Motorstorm, Burnout Paradise, Call of Duty 4, Ratchet and Clank, Oblivion, Guitar Hero, Rock Band. Be mindful of what game genres you already like/dislike. ONCE in a while I've gone out of my usual and found a good RPG or FPS (not really a big fan of these) but I've been burned listening to recommendations and ignoring that I just don't like certain types of games no matter how great they are in the genre.

Thankfully there are a ton of demos available to download (including most of what I listed above). There are some quality titles, just keep reading around to find what you like.

COD4 is great... GTA awesome also... i like uncharted a lot... and if you are into sports you NEED the show 08.... sickness.

[quote name='bigscoot4269']whats the cheapest i can find uncharted for im not the biggest fan of fps games[/QUOTE]

Gamefly is selling it for $30 with free shipping.

It's a really awesome game, but it's on the short side (8-10 hours) well worth playing though. Probably my favorite PS3 exclusive game.

GTAIV
Warhawk
R&C:ToD
Uncharted
CoD4

All pretty solid games... ;)

Honorable Mentions include:\

Oblivion GOTY
Heavenly Sword
Burnout Paradise
Motorstorm
Resistance

Some good psn games are:
Everyday Shooter
Super Stardust HD
PixelJunk Monsters
Flow (just ok, looks real pretty)

Not sure if you even wanted to know that but oh well

[quote name='whoknows']Gamefly is selling it for $30 with free shipping.

It's a really awesome game, but it's on the short side (8-10 hours) well worth playing though. Probably my favorite PS3 exclusive game.[/QUOTE]

It also has some great Replay value!!! I've played through 3 times... Great game.

Uncharted, Ratchet and Clank, CoD4, Everyday Shooter, Heavenly Sword.

Uncharted is probably my favorite, it's not a fps, it's a action adventure game like Prince of Persia or Tomb Raider. Great game, didn't actually expect much of it, but it's a great fun game.

Only Rating PS3 Exclusives

1. Uncharted Drakes Fortune
2. Resistance Fall of Man
3. Ratchet and Clank Future
4. Ninja Gaiden Sigma
5. Heavenly Sword

however everything will get bumped down and Heavenly Sword will get pushed to #6 when Metal Gear Solid 4 comes out which will be my #1 game.

1. Uncharted
2. MLB 08
3. PixelJunk Monsters

These are the only games I've played and would consider "top games". Uncharted was simply an amazing game. I can't play FPS because of simulation sickness. However, I pushed through Uncharted.

Maybe we just don't have sports people here, but MLB has been an amazing game this year.

#1 - Uncharted: Drake's Fortune
#2 - Ratchet and Clank Future: Tools of Destruction
#3 - Warhawk
#4 - Folklore
#5 - Ninja Gaiden Sigma

Uncharted: Drake's Fortune
Ratchet and Clank Future: Tools of Destruction
Warhawk
Eye of Judgement (prior to set 2)
Folklore

Do people really like warhawk more than COD 4, I don't expect to have enough much time for online gaming to get both now (and I'll have MGO with my system), and I had previously assumed everyone thought COD was by far a better game. Or are they so different I shouldn't compare them?

[quote name='happy']Do people really like warhawk more than COD 4, I don't expect to have enough much time for online gaming to get both now (and I'll have MGO with my system), and I had previously assumed everyone thought COD was by far a better game. Or are they so different I shouldn't compare them?[/quote]

Difficult to compare the two. At least in CAG warhawks community has remained solid. COD4 was the most popular though, that is until GTA4 came out and now it's fairly quiet CAGwise. I'd rate COD as the better game, but ironically I've been playing more Warhawk lately.

Anyway my top 5 accoring to the list in my sig.

Uncharted
COD4
R&C TOD
DMC4
Burnout Paradise

1. Uncharted: Drake's Fortune
2. Ratchet & Clank: ToD
3. Rock Band
4. Hot Shots Golf: Out of Bounds
5. Ridge Racer 7

Honorable Mention:
Warhawk
Burnout Paradise
Folklore
Formula One: CE

My Top 5(Ok, I only have 6 PS3 games (Ninja Gaiden Sigma)) are:

5) Resistence: Fall of Man
4) Lair
3) Heavenly Sword
2) Ratchet and Clank: ToD
1) Uncharted

I have the Eye of Judgement too, but I have not played it yet. Hope it's good.

GTA4
COD4
Those are really the only games I play right now even though I still have barley scratched the surface on Assassins Creed and I'm not so far into heavenly sword. GTA4. Is endless fun.

I'm going with exclusives as well, in no particular order:

Uncharted: Drake's Fortune
Ratchet & Clank: Tools of Destruction
Warhawk
Unreal Tournament III
Resistance: Fall of Man

[quote name='tenzor']Only Rating PS3 Exclusives

1. Uncharted Drakes Fortune
2. Resistance Fall of Man
3. Ratchet and Clank Future
4. Ninja Gaiden Sigma
5. Heavenly Sword

however everything will get bumped down and Heavenly Sword will get pushed to #6 when Metal Gear Solid 4 comes out which will be my #1 game.[/QUOTE]
I concur. Only PS3 exclusives here.

Ratchet and Clank:FTOD
Uncharted: Drakes Fortune
Resistance Fall of Man
Heavenly Sword
Folklore

[quote name='Teh Nitwit']Uncharted: Drake's Fortune
Ratchet and Clank Future: Tools of Destruction
Warhawk
Eye of Judgement (prior to set 2)
Folklore[/quote]

What's wrong with Set 2? I haven't bought it yet, been enjoying Set 1 still.

[quote name='Oops! I did it again.']What's wrong with Set 2? I haven't bought it yet, been enjoying Set 1 still.[/quote]

Set 2 has some overpowered cards (mainly Zealots/Missionaries and a Biolith Battleship). Sony has admitted that they are unbalanced and promised to fix it in the next patch, but for now most ranked players online are using a zealot decks (which sucks for anyone not wanting to use one). I would say that until Sony balances those cards it's a waste of time to play this game online. Even if they fix it, the damage has already been done (people got huge scores/ranking because of these cards).

EOJ is still a great game (for playing local multiplayer, tournaments, or unranked with people who don't use Zealot decks), but it used to (and maybe will again) be an awesome game.

[quote name='js1']
The Orange Box(the value is too much)[/quote]

The gameplay is too broken!

Metal Gear Solid IV
Uncharted
GTA IV
Ratchet & Clank
Blazing Angels (I like it!)

bread's done
Back