Suikoden on PSN?

Rocky071

CAGiversary!
I read that on IGN PS3.

Kinda cool, I was extremely pissed off we never got the 1 + 2 ports for the PSP, and that Suikoden II has never got considered for a re-release or downloadable game or such. That's the one I'm really waiting for.

Errr anyway post your thoughts and download this game if you haven't before.

this is offtopic. Has nothing to do with canadian deals go crawl in a hole and........

Uh Suikoden 1 and 2 are my fave games of all time. And though I don't have a PS3 and own the games already when I do get a ps3. I will automatically buy both and play through them another time.

However it itself (suiko1) isn't released on PSN as of now. Unless wikipedia lies to me.
Currently on here waiting for the kitchen timer to reset so I can fight retso.

Man I love suiko 2.

Anyway I still say this thread should and will get deleted. Just wanted to say YAY suiko.

Just throwing this out there; Suikoden I&II are my most treasured games (moreso than FFVII) and I lost interest after Suikoden 3, 4 was... eh.

Oh sorry Lockscythe; dont' take it so personally.

I'm a Canadian and frequent this section so those are the people I usually chat with... I'm sure you like the forum too, I don't know why such a hostile attitude would be necessary? Not a very inviting response to people who are just trying to enjoy the forum as well.

Anyway delete and/or move as necessary.

I'll buy Suikoden after i buy Castlevania Chronicles (which btw, was confirmed to be on PSN long before Castlevania X was released).

[quote name='kathos']Just throwing this out there; Suikoden I&II are my most treasured games (moreso than FFVII) and I lost interest after Suikoden 3, 4 was... eh.[/quote]

Have you tried Suikoden V? To me it's even better then Suikoden I, since it has a great long story with great battle elements and graphs.

S'all good. I guess I misread your post LS.

I wouldn't say Suiko V was better than I, but it's definitely the third best of the series. II is the best RPG I've ever played though.

[quote name='Lockescythe']
I was actually more just poking fun at someone who complains at any offtopic post.[/quote]I'm sure we all know whom that is :lol:

Hmm My suiko preference order goes

1=2>3=4=5>Tactics

Though I am going through the process of replaying 3 4 and 5 so I'll have redefininitive ratings on them.

[quote name='Faytz']Have you tried Suikoden V? To me it's even better then Suikoden I, since it has a great long story with great battle elements and graphs.[/quote]

I haven't tried 5 yet, I'm wary of it, but if a CAGers says it's better than I and II I might as well pick it up at the EB (it's like $20?).

Does V have the "use save file from the last game" that I/II/III had? I know Suikoden Tactics uses IV's save file...

[quote name='kathos']I haven't tried 5 yet, I'm wary of it, but if a CAGers says it's better than I and II I might as well pick it up at the EB (it's like $20?).[/quote]
I haven't seen it much at all in ebs and definitely not for 20. However I did get mine from BBV for 30, with tic of course.

Does V have the "use save file from the last game" that I/II/III had? I know Suikoden Tactics uses IV's save file...
Nope. I wouldn't hold out for another game in the series anytime in the future even less a new game to have that neat little feature.

[quote name='poiuiu']I haven't seen it much at all in ebs and definitely not for 20. However I did get mine from BBV for 30, with tic of course.

Nope. I wouldn't hold out for another game in the series anytime in the future even less a new game to have that neat little feature.[/quote]

Really? I dunno the prices I was just taking a blind shot at the price (used game that's relatively old?) even for $30 I'll pick it up... gonna hit up my BBV/EB tomorrow, hopefully I'll find some treasure :D.

[quote name='kathos']Really? I dunno the prices I was just taking a blind shot at the price (used game that's relatively old?) even for $30 I'll pick it up... gonna hit up my BBV/EB tomorrow, hopefully I'll find some treasure :D.[/quote]

Ya when I rarely see it at eb games, it was for around 40-50 dollars... and it usually gets sold the next time I'm there...

I believe I enjoyed Suikoden V more then I because I'm a graphics person :p, they improved so much in the series it's hard to not like it better...

[quote name='kathos']Really? I dunno the prices I was just taking a blind shot at the price (used game that's relatively old?) even for $30 I'll pick it up... gonna hit up my BBV/EB tomorrow, hopefully I'll find some treasure :D.[/quote]

If you do find a copy of BBV there, don't be surprised if it's gutted, shrinked again and sold as 'new'. Tho be sure that it wasn't a previously rental copy or anything; mine is perfectly fine, just lacking the 'new game' smell.

And EBgames ... selling old niche titles ... cheap? Lay off the 'shrooms man. :p

[quote name='Faytz']
I believe I enjoyed Suikoden V more then I because I'm a graphics person :p, they improved so much in the series it's hard to not like it better...[/quote]

Improvement in graphics in a 3d Sui game like the improvement of eating 3 day old hotdog over a 3d day old pile of fat wrapped in a sausage skin. If you're a graphics whore, you do NOT play Sui games; though 5 is a Sui fan's game. :p

[quote name='Lockescythe']actually now with PSN suiko 1/2 save data could carry onto the next game couldn't it?[/quote]

Only if there is a chance of a new game being release. Even if there was, the Sui team wouldn't be given the proper budget to make it a low end game on PS3;
it would be for the DS, at best, the Wii or PSP. It's sad, but ultimately true considering Konami's recent business decisions.

I remember suiko 2 being sold at BBV in these silly 2 disc game onyl bundles.

It was with some awful sports game. And sometimes that sheep game.

only like 24$ though. Kinda wish I had picked me up a couple of extra copies.

Still my copy(which is my second copy my first copy my dog stepped on and cracked in half I ran to EB and had them call every other eb in the city till they found me a 60$ used copy yay eb)still works. So I'm not too worried.

[quote name='Lockescythe']I remember suiko 2 being sold at BBV in these silly 2 disc game onyl bundles.

It was with some awful sports game. And sometimes that sheep game.

only like 24$ though. Kinda wish I had picked me up a couple of extra copies.

Still my copy(which is my second copy my first copy my dog stepped on and cracked in half I ran to EB and had them call every other eb in the city till they found me a 60$ used copy yay eb)still works. So I'm not too worried.[/quote]
I remember that those bundles too now! Oh man, what an idiot I am haha. Hindsight is 20/20 I guess.

The only 'good' game I found in one of those old bundles was Hoshigami, and the game was far from 'mint', so I never bothered with it.

got a copy of sui 5 by trading a guide to a guy who got the game for 1.99 from best buy. now if i could only get a suikoden 5 guide, alas

[quote name='poiuiu']If you do find a copy of BBV there, don't be surprised if it's gutted, shrinked again and sold as 'new'. Tho be sure that it wasn't a previously rental copy or anything; mine is perfectly fine, just lacking the 'new game' smell.

And EBgames ... selling old niche titles ... cheap? Lay off the 'shrooms man. :p

Improvement in graphics in a 3d Sui game like the improvement of eating 3 day old hotdog over a 3d day old pile of fat wrapped in a sausage skin. If you're a graphics whore, you do NOT play Sui games; though 5 is a Sui fan's game. :p

There's nothing wrong with enjoying a game with good graphics... if a game has good gameplay and plot but the graphic sucks that won't stop me from liking/enjoying it, I just think good graphics in a game is a bonus is...

With that said, I don't know why but Suikoden I never hit my "all time favourites" game list... (Suikoden 2 on the other hand got me thinking about it for weeks)...

but ya that really doesn't mean anything cause every gamer definition of a good game is different (I personally never got the hype for ff7)

bread's done
Back