Im a new PS3 owner, What are some advice I could use? [Pls Use PS3 FAQ thread]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Poor2More

CAGiversary!
Feedback
7 (100%)
I just got a PS3, and I was wondering what cool things can I do with it, any PSP connecting? PSN helpful tips? or anything else that can help me get the most out of a PS3

One neat feature I like is if if you have a PS3 with backwards compatibility, you can link up your PSP and play most every PS1 game on your PSP with remote play. You can also stream music and stuff from the PS3 to the PSP with remote play. Look at this thread for more stuff you can do with it.

You could always read the PS3 FAQ sticked at the top of the forum that answers pretty much everything a new owner has asked in the past.

[quote name='scsg75']One neat feature I like is if if you have a PS3 with backwards compatibility, you can link up your PSP and play most every PS1 game on your PSP with remote play. You can also stream music and stuff from the PS3 to the PSP with remote play. Look at this thread for more stuff you can do with it.[/quote]

They can all do this, since they all have PS1 BC. It's the PS2 BC that is in contention.

you can use the ps3 for media sharing. [that's somthing that I just got into] -Tversity
For all your 'homebrew' needs, you can always install linux, you have format your drive, but you can save all your content [memory] saves onto a memory card, or a external hard drive. Then restore afterwards.
There's video chatting with other friends that have PS3. [if you have the camera]
Oh yeah, the BD live blu ray discs are coming out now. For instance, Rambo [coming out on tuesday] is one of the first titles that will allow you transfer the movie onto your psp for on the go movie watching.

Right now I'm typing this message using my ps3 web browser.

[quote name='Thomas96']you can use the ps3 for media sharing. [that's somthing that I just got into] -Tversity
For all your 'homebrew' needs, you can always install linux, you have format your drive, but you can save all your content [memory] saves onto a memory card, or a external hard drive. Then restore afterwards.
There's video chatting with other friends that have PS3. [if you have the camera]
Oh yeah, the BD live blu ray discs are coming out now. For instance, Rambo [coming out on tuesday] is one of the first titles that will allow you transfer the movie onto your psp for on the go movie watching.

Right now I'm typing this message using my ps3 web browser.[/quote]

I feel sorry for you (unless you have a keyboard hooked up, of course).

Rambo is going to let you play it on your PSP? I thought that wasn't happening until later this year...awesome!

I find that Nero MediaHome is more stable than Tversity. I usually have them both running, and Nero just seems not to disconnect and keeps up a lot better than Tversity, which occasionally hiccups. Any true CAG can get Nero "cheaply."

[quote name='orko60']I feel sorry for you (unless you have a keyboard hooked up, of course).

Rambo is going to let you play it on your PSP? I thought that wasn't happening until later this year...awesome!

I find that Nero MediaHome is more stable than Tversity. I usually have them both running, and Nero just seems not to disconnect and keeps up a lot better than Tversity, which occasionally hiccups. Any true CAG can get Nero "cheaply."[/QUOTE]

I heard about Nero mediahome, I stuck with Tversity because it worked first. I had been trying with Windows media player, but it refused to work. I'm going to try out Nero Media Home, maybe I can get it tonight "cheaply"

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back