Is it true that GTAIV will break a 40GB PS3?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MattJ1991

CAGiversary!
I REALLY, REALLY wanna get GTAIV :bomb: but I have a 40Gb PS3 and I don't want it to break, is there a patch that fixes this and is this even all that common? thanks to anyone who sheds more light on this

[quote name='Plac1d']Shut up and buy it already.[/quote]
WTF, why cant i get a damn answer out of you people, i dont want to buy the game and have it bust up my system :bomb:

[quote name='MattJ1991']WTF, why cant i get a damn answer out of you people, i dont want to buy the game and have it bust up my system :bomb:[/QUOTE]

It won't. There was a problem with the game running on some 60gb systems, but that has been patched. You won't have any problems.

[quote name='rodeojones903']It won't. There was a problem with the game running on some 60gb systems, but that has been patched. You won't have any problems.[/quote]
Hmmmmm, I guess I'll just have to risk it, I NEED this game

[quote name='Scorch']I heard that 40gb PS3's blow up when you put GTA4 in there.[/QUOTE]

Same Here.

But I heard there is a fix for it, you just have soak your PS3 in a tub of water first and then it will work.

[quote name='jimbodan']Same Here.

But I heard there is a fix for it, you just have soak your PS3 in a tub of water first and then it will work.[/quote]

I'm pretty sure that after the bath tub trick you needed to cover all of the vents with duct tape to make sure the moisture stays in and the dust stays out.

Why is CAG so mean these days?

Yeah, it still doesn't work. It uses too much power for the 40GB to handle. You need to put the PS3 upside-down vertically and put the disc in and out while playing. That's the only known fix.

Has there ever a game that can break a system?

I know GTA4 has a lot of bugs or glitch for the PS3 version. where did you heard it can break the system?

[quote name='imascrub']I've heard that it could blow up the world. Don't be killin us off now. I wanna make it till MGS4.[/QUOTE]

I heard MGS4 is supposed to make your system grow a mustache... no seriously! Proof!
pstriple.jpg

These guys are being jerks, don't listen to them.

What actually happens is if you put GTA4 in a 40GB PS3, the console will divide by zero killing all intelligent life in the universe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back