- - - - -

Amazon Gold Box/Lightning Deals - 5 X360 Deals - GB: CoD4 GOTY $40, LD3: Mnstr Jm $26

#1 CheapyD   Head Cheap Ass Administrators   17479 Posts   Joined 14.6 Years Ago  

Posted 27 May 2008 - 09:30 PM

Starting at 3AM EST, click here to check in on the Amazon Gold Box Xbox 360 game deals throughout the day.
One Gold Box (all-day) and four, four-hour Lightning Deals at 6am, 10am, 2pm, 6pm all PDT.
Posted Image

Deal of the Day - All Day Deal
Call of Duty 4: Game of the Year Edition $39.99

Lightning Deals - Deals go live at the listed time (EST) - Price unknown until then.
Thanks, Lightning Deals!

9am: Rainbow Six Vegas 2 Limited Edition $29.99
1pm: SceneIt?
5pm: Monster Jam
9pm: Frontlines: Fuel of War

Also, there will be a PSP Square game as the Deal of the Day on Saturday.

#2 KueMan10   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   336 Posts   Joined 11.5 Years Ago  

KueMan10

Posted 27 May 2008 - 09:32 PM

Thanks for info! I'm hoping for deal on Lost Odyssey.

#3 racerman8   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   373 Posts   Joined 14.3 Years Ago  

racerman8

Posted 27 May 2008 - 09:41 PM

Craps. I'm in training tomorrow and not able to check when the items come online every 4 hours. Thanks CheapyD.

#4 Woltaire   2NE1 CAGiversary!   2285 Posts   Joined 12.0 Years Ago  

Posted 27 May 2008 - 09:42 PM

Thanks for the heads-up Cheapy.
Posted Image

#5 cdrober   Too many games & too little time. CAGiversary!   792 Posts   Joined 11.0 Years Ago  

Posted 27 May 2008 - 09:43 PM

Thanks Cheapy, I know it is a long shot but I'm hoping for a sub $100 Rockband bundle :P

#6 yukafls   Boss CAGiversary!   4105 Posts   Joined 11.8 Years Ago  

Posted 27 May 2008 - 09:49 PM

Thanks Cheapy D, I hope its it Orange Box:pray::pray:
Trade List:
http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=171114
Currently Playing:
Spoiler

#7 An Orange Cat   Pet My Fur CAGiversary!   955 Posts   Joined 9.9 Years Ago  

An Orange Cat

Posted 27 May 2008 - 09:56 PM

Oh crap! I forgot tomorrow is Wednesday. Damn holidays mess my whole week up.

#8 Edge   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1227 Posts   Joined 14.0 Years Ago  

Posted 27 May 2008 - 10:22 PM

Nice, finally a 5-in-one-day deal that might end up turning out really well. Can't wait to see what kind of discounts they'll be giving.

The PSP Square game sounds interesting too...hopefully it will be Crisis Core and not one of the Final Fantasy ports though.

#9 Gothic Walrus   Goo Goo G'Joob. CAGiversary!   10005 Posts   Joined 14.4 Years Ago  

Gothic Walrus

Posted 27 May 2008 - 10:26 PM

Nice, finally a 5-in-one-day deal that might end up turning out really well. Can't wait to see what kind of discounts they'll be giving.

Define "really well." The Xbox still has crappy third-party titles and games aimed at children that 95% of CAG would have no interest in, so what makes you think that those games won't show up when they have in almost every other Gold Box in the past?

ah, a voice of logic in the form of a walrus

#10 Professor Oreo   I paint pretty pictures CAGiversary!   1115 Posts   Joined 13.5 Years Ago  

Professor Oreo

Posted 27 May 2008 - 10:30 PM

Define "really well." The Xbox still has crappy third-party titles and games aimed at children that 95% of CAG would have no interest in, so what makes you think that those games won't show up when they have in almost every other Gold Box in the past?

Well the odds are definitely in our favor here. Out of five chances I'm sure one of them will be something worth while. ;)

#11 Trenchalicious   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1574 Posts   Joined 10.2 Years Ago  

Trenchalicious

Posted 27 May 2008 - 10:31 PM

Ciao minha wallet.

#12 Mindzeye82   Invite me to your game! CAGiversary!   352 Posts   Joined 12.1 Years Ago  

Mindzeye82

Posted 27 May 2008 - 10:36 PM

This should be interesting - it's times like these that I hate knowing I bought some games at near or at full price and haven't touched em yet.
[URL="http://profile.mygamercard.net/Mindzeye82"]Posted Image[/URL]

#13 xbltheshadow   I Love Guitar Hero CAGiversary!   852 Posts   Joined 11.3 Years Ago  

xbltheshadow

Posted 27 May 2008 - 10:49 PM

Thanks Cheapy! Would really like Bully for $30 or less.

#14 devildr1ver   Im one hot mother$$$$er CAGiversary!   2931 Posts   Joined 10.9 Years Ago  

devildr1ver

Posted 27 May 2008 - 10:52 PM

im up for any game that has a good rating and is under $19.99. I never pay full retail unless the game happens to be amazing *cough* COD4 *cough* :)
3D AA Bn MoTor T

#15 Gothic Walrus   Goo Goo G'Joob. CAGiversary!   10005 Posts   Joined 14.4 Years Ago  

Gothic Walrus

Posted 27 May 2008 - 11:03 PM

Well the odds are definitely in our favor here. Out of five chances I'm sure one of them will be something worth while. ;)

There usually is...but those are the items that sell out quickly, and it seems like we end up with a lot of people disappointed or upset with Amazon.

Call it pessimism, but after the past few of these promotions I wouldn't get excited until we know what's on sale.

ah, a voice of logic in the form of a walrus

#16 Irukandji   Lurking and Twerking CAGiversary!   1222 Posts   Joined 9.8 Years Ago  

Posted 27 May 2008 - 11:08 PM

well they had rockband for ps2 for 99 bucks the other day. thats a pretty good deal if you ask me.

Jon+G+and+Jamie.png

#17 Confucius   Corporate Shill CAGiversary!   16261 Posts   Joined 9.7 Years Ago  

Posted 27 May 2008 - 11:10 PM

awesome. I guess i wont be buying anything for the next ... day...

#18 Edge   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1227 Posts   Joined 14.0 Years Ago  

Posted 27 May 2008 - 11:24 PM

Because if you'll look at Amazon's DotD history, you'll see that a much higher percentage of Xbox 360 games that they've offered have been of higher quality than the other systems DotDs they've had the 5-in-one-day deals for (not to mention there's a higher percentage of titles on the Xbox 360 most CAGers would be interested in). I'm wouldn't be surprised to see a few stinkers as well, but there's still a pretty decent chance of seeing something like Oblivion, Mass Effect, a Tom Clancy game, Assassin's Creed, Ace Combat 6, etc. As long as two or three are decent I'd be happy.

For some reason I have a hunch that we'll see one of the Viva Pinata games in this promotion though...just seems like they'd fit this really well.

#19 Ice2Dragon   Cuckoo For Killing Stuff CAGiversary!   3427 Posts   Joined 10.3 Years Ago  

Posted 27 May 2008 - 11:31 PM

Because if you'll look at Amazon's DotD history, you'll see that a much higher percentage of Xbox 360 games that they've offered have been of higher quality than the other systems DotDs they've had the 5-in-one-day deals for (not to mention there's a higher percentage of titles on the Xbox 360 most CAGers would be interested in). I'm wouldn't be surprised to see a few stinkers as well, but there's still a pretty decent chance of seeing something like Oblivion, Mass Effect, a Tom Clancy game, Assassin's Creed, Ace Combat 6, etc. As long as two or three are decent I'd be happy.

For some reason I have a hunch that we'll see one of the Viva Pinata games in this promotion though...just seems like they'd fit this really well.

Doubtful, they cant go much lower than 14.98 or whatever it is for party animals :(

Hopefully itll be something good..

The most important question to ask is if I can kill someone with the Batrang

Just call my local bestbuy and they had no clue about a sale..

#20 regisphilbi0   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1599 Posts   Joined 14.0 Years Ago  

regisphilbi0

Posted 27 May 2008 - 11:50 PM

What is the website to preview all the Lightning deals? Someone posted it during the DS day
Posted Image

#21 weevles   No. CAGiversary!   17508 Posts   Joined 12.5 Years Ago  

Posted 27 May 2008 - 11:58 PM

Crap, I'll be away from a computer most of the day tomorrow. :p

#22 Crazyglitcher   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1367 Posts   Joined 10.0 Years Ago  

Crazyglitcher

Posted 28 May 2008 - 12:24 AM

Really hope something good appears...now to find money FAST lol

#23 Jasper & Harley   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   445 Posts   Joined 11.0 Years Ago  

Jasper & Harley

Posted 28 May 2008 - 12:55 AM

Bully
Lego Star Wars: The Complete Saga
Devil May Cry 4

Those are the only three games on the 360 I still want. I hope one of them shows up tomorrow.

UyUhMmy.png

#24 typeRJ   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   642 Posts   Joined 10.2 Years Ago  

Posted 28 May 2008 - 01:01 AM

What is the website to preview all the Lightning deals? Someone posted it during the DS day

i don't remember what was posted in the DS Lightning Deals thread, but i used Zapp Deals through my phone since i was on the road all day.

just found it through google last time...not sure how quick they get the list of items up tho.

#25 KingBroly   CAG Club Nintendo CAGiversary!   15248 Posts   Joined 10.8 Years Ago  

KingBroly

Posted 28 May 2008 - 01:06 AM

I'd be really surprised if Halo 3 wasn't on there, considering the deals we've seen for it recently. Probably Gears too. I'd love to see Lost Odyssey on there, but it probably won't.
Completed Games: 2011 | 2012
CAG Club Nintendo Thread
Posted Image

#26 Vigilante   The Deal Is Already Dead CAGiversary!   36176 Posts   Joined 12.3 Years Ago  

Posted 28 May 2008 - 01:10 AM

Aw, man; I'm planning to buy a PSP on Friday & pick up either Crisis Core or FF Tactics for free at TRU, but I have no way of knowing what FF game will be the Deal of the Day on Saturday...ARGH. What to do, what to do in order to save some money...? :bomb:

#27 mkelehan   Xbox Live Arcade Fiend CAGiversary!   2469 Posts   Joined 13.8 Years Ago  

mkelehan

Posted 28 May 2008 - 01:16 AM

Aw, man; I'm planning to buy a PSP on Friday & pick up either Crisis Core or FF Tactics for free at TRU, but I have no way of knowing what FF game will be the Deal of the Day on Saturday...ARGH. What to do, what to do in order to save some money...? :bomb:

Get Crisis Core. Tactics is older, so it's more likely to be the DOTD. If it isn't, well, you've already played Tactics, so you can just wait for a drop.

#28 Callandor   Boosh! CAGiversary!   1638 Posts   Joined 13.1 Years Ago  

Posted 28 May 2008 - 01:22 AM

Also, there will be a PSP Square game as the Deal of the Day on Saturday.

And I'm getting a PSP next week, perfect timing! :D Well, as long as it's either Tactics or Crisis Core. It could be FF1 or FF2...

#29 Vigilante   The Deal Is Already Dead CAGiversary!   36176 Posts   Joined 12.3 Years Ago  

Posted 28 May 2008 - 01:37 AM

Get Crisis Core. Tactics is older, so it's more likely to be the DOTD. If it isn't, well, you've already played Tactics, so you can just wait for a drop.

That'd be an easy decision...if my brother wasn't pushing me to get Tactics--I cheated to excess on the PS1 version (those stupid Gameshark days...), and the PSP version looks to provide a more streamlined experience than the PS1 version. My brother also loved Tactics to death, and can't wait to try it out on the PSP.

I guess I can always take the chance, though, and hope that Tactics is the DotD on Saturday...I doubt it'd be FFI or II, since they'd sell better together (I'm assuming there's only 1 Square game for Saturday, of course :P).

#30 Jasper & Harley   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   445 Posts   Joined 11.0 Years Ago  

Jasper & Harley

Posted 28 May 2008 - 01:39 AM

How do you know that a Final Fantasy game is the DotD on Saturday?

UyUhMmy.png