Any word on MGS4 limited editions?

Nephlabobo

CAGiversary!
I think I'm probably going to cave and get the LE version of the game, because I want the soundtrack.

Can I walk in and plunk down money for a pre-order anywhere (IE EB Games), or do I need to order it specially?

EB Games is taking pre-orders for the LE, and a few might still have the bonus SAGAS disc available. Ask about the disc when you place your pre-order!

Does anyone know if the LE will be extremely limited/hard to get? I pre-ordered it around the first week of April and was wondering if I stand a good chance of getting a copy. I'm going to show up at opening time just in case they start giving them away to anyone who walks in. I've heard that's their new policy with pre-orders, to just sell them to whoever.

[quote name='Solid-Snake-Eyes']Does anyone know if the LE will be extremely limited/hard to get? I pre-ordered it around the first week of April and was wondering if I stand a good chance of getting a copy. I'm going to show up at opening time just in case they start giving them away to anyone who walks in. I've heard that's their new policy with pre-orders, to just sell them to whoever.[/quote]

I'm going to guess it'll be as hard to get as GTAIV: LE, which is not very hard, as long as you have the money.

Hope that's true. This LE is only available through one store though, so that may change things. I figure if I get there when they open there's nothing much that could go wrong aside from them having really limited numbers and I didn't make the cut somehow.

For those MGS maniacs, if you preordered MGS4 with EB, they now have the preorder bonus artbook. Go grab it!

Also find a $5 off MGS4 Limited Edition guidebook coupon within the artbook. It expires on July 7th but EB has no information about it. They need to have SKU in their system for preorder.... :(

As for the LE, I think it's not going to be super scarce. Look at what they are doing with Limited Edition 40GB console (gun metal).....

[quote name='Solid-Snake-Eyes']Does anyone know if the LE will be extremely limited/hard to get? I pre-ordered it around the first week of April and was wondering if I stand a good chance of getting a copy. I'm going to show up at opening time just in case they start giving them away to anyone who walks in. I've heard that's their new policy with pre-orders, to just sell them to whoever.[/quote]

Well, the Metal Gear Solid 3: Substance Limited Edition is worth a few hundred dollars on eBay. I think this one is less limited though so you should be fine.

[quote name='danthemightyone']For those MGS maniacs, if you preordered MGS4 with EB, they now have the preorder bonus artbook. Go grab it!

Also find a $5 off MGS4 Limited Edition guidebook coupon within the artbook. It expires on July 7th but EB has no information about it. They need to have SKU in their system for preorder.... :(

As for the LE, I think it's not going to be super scarce. Look at what they are doing with Limited Edition 40GB console (gun metal).....[/quote]

Did they call you for the artbook? I was at the EB I preordered at, but didn't know so I didn't ask.

[quote name='Icetron']Did they call you for the artbook? I was at the EB I preordered at, but didn't know so I didn't ask.[/quote]

Nope.

I called my eb right away when I saw Renzo's comment.

[quote name='Ranzo']yes, my store has art books in shipment[/quote]

:)

the artbook is only for LE right?

I'm gonna check tmr as I preordered at an Eb further away from home, but I will be around volunteering so I'll check.

Danthemightyone???? is it the same thing as the book included in the LE box or is it a seperate entity>

They're talking about an art book that was Gamestop exclusive with a pre-order of the LE and was to be given out at the game's release. I guess they're giving it away early. It's not something that was in the LE box.

[quote name='Ranzo']yes, my store has art books in shipment[/QUOTE]
Sweet. I'll have to make sure I get mine then. I don't think very many other people ordered (if any).

Nice, I'll have to pick up my artbook. I'm a little conflicted on whether I want to keep the LE or just get the normal edition though. If I did cancel my pre-order with EB, would they want the free gifts back?

[quote name='Usuyami']Nice, I'll have to pick up my artbook. I'm a little conflicted on whether I want to keep the LE or just get the normal edition though. If I did cancel my pre-order with EB, would they want the free gifts back?[/quote]

Some stores charge $0.01 for the free gifts so that they can track down who got what. If that's the case, they might ask your freebies back. Mine didn't even bother to ask anything. I just asked for it to a clerk who I've dealt with many times.

[quote name='Solid-Snake-Eyes']Aight my store has them, going to pick it up at lunch. Is it like a magazine style with soft cover or what? Thanks for the heads up, guys.[/quote]

That's what I received. Can't complain about freebies...

I suppose so, we should be happy Canada got it at all. Thanks for the info.

I hate how you have to be so vigilant with these pre-order items and checking the status all the time, the book and the Saga DVD. They should call the people who have it pre-ordered when these things come in, or wait and give them out with the game. The store told me they were calling people when the Saga DVD was coming in but they never called me, I had to read about it online and managed to get one before they ran out. I'm not going to do any more pre-orders with EB, I consider them unreliable especially with their (at least Gamestop in the US) current policy of giving away pre-orders to anyone who walks in and if they run out, tough luck to those who actually did pre-order. Ugh!

Update: Got the book, thanks again.

I've had 2 LE's ordered for awhile now. Guess I'll have to pick up the books next time I'm around. I'll probably be canceling one, though, since I have a gun metal bundle ordered, too. Don't really think I'll be needing 3 LE's.

Some additional information on the art book, I had a family member pick it up for me and I had given them my pre-order receipt for the LE. The store employees didn't bother to verify that we had pre-ordered the game, they just handed out the book. So you should try to grab it ASAP because they probably aren't saving them for you. This was at Toronto Eaton Centre location.

I talked to an EB guy here in Kingston and he said that they hadn't been told to stop taking pre-orders for the LE. He said LE may be hard to get but the MGS PS3 bundle would be the rare item to get.

Also, the art book has a glossy stiff cover, it's not like a magazine. It's pretty slick.

What stores are you guys getting the art books at?

I just called mine and they told me you can only get the art book when you pick up the game. I don't mind the wait, but I want to make sure I actually get it, I've been screwed out of EB pre-order items before. I'd hate for one employee to think you have to wait, and other just giving them away beforehand so they run out.

Is that in Winnipeg, imcrazy?

Anyone get theirs in the Toronto area, other than Eaton Centre, which Solid-Snake-Eyes already mentioned?

[quote name='Iron_Lung']Is that in Winnipeg, imcrazy?

Anyone get theirs in the Toronto area, other than Eaton Centre, which Solid-Snake-Eyes already mentioned?[/quote]

For the art book I'm actually going to the EB at North Queen (Etobicoke) so if you live on the West side I'll post a status on that later today.

[quote name='Itachi']You can pre-order it on Best Buy now not sure about FS.[/quote]

You can pre-order at FS, just no one's doing it, and people shy away when FS calls it a "layaway deposit" :D:D:D:D:D:D.

If anyone is interested in Gun Metal (40gb) PS3, the sales is finally open to Canada now. Unfortunately, the price will only make sense to extreme hardcore MGS fans.

Items Total: $599.99
Shipping: Purolator (Ontario) $140.00
Grand Total: $739.99
The shipping fee includes tax and customs fee as well. I'm out :(

Holy smokes! Thanks for the heads up, but what a disappointing price. That's a little over the top for a PS3 that lacks any sort of real eye appeal (besides hardcore fans thinking you're cool for having it). And I mean you could buy regular MGS4 bundle w/ LE edition of game (which I will do) and that will only be 600, not including the money you get back from reselling or trading in the regular edition of the game.

[quote name='Solid-Snake-Eyes']Some additional information on the art book, I had a family member pick it up for me and I had given them my pre-order receipt for the LE. The store employees didn't bother to verify that we had pre-ordered the game, they just handed out the book. So you should try to grab it ASAP because they probably aren't saving them for you. This was at Toronto Eaton Centre location.[/quote]

the opposite happened to me at Eaton's. the employee wouldn't give it to me because I didn't have my preorder receipt. 5 mins later the manager came and handed one to me. he recognized me as I did the original preorder with him.

[quote name='Rocky071']Holy smokes! Thanks for the heads up, but what a disappointing price. That's a little over the top for a PS3 that lacks any sort of real eye appeal (besides hardcore fans thinking you're cool for having it). And I mean you could buy regular MGS4 bundle w/ LE edition of game (which I will do) and that will only be 600, not including the money you get back from reselling or trading in the regular edition of the game.[/quote]
The 80GB bundle is actually $499.99, isn't it?

bread's done
Back