Pikmin 2 -- Play or sell?... Plus, cover variations?

WiiNet

CAGiversary!
Feedback
125 (100%)
Just picked up a copy of Pikmin 2 in amazing condition (no manual, box a bit beat up but the disc is almost new) at Blockbuster and was wondering what everyone's thoughts are on playing it vs selling it.

I have Pikmin 1 and enjoyed it, but is Pikmin 2 just more of the same, or is it that much better?

Also, is there a difference between the covers?:
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/3/38/Pikmin_2_Case.jpg
http://content.answers.com/main/content/wp/en/thumb/5/54/250px-Pikmin_2_Case.jpg

I've only ever seen the second one on the rare instances I see the game in stores.

pikmin 2 does not have the 30 day game. I believe its unlimited.

also the first cover frankly scares the crap out of me. That bird is going to give me nightmares

I'm not 100% sure on this, but I think the second cover are for games that are sold outside of the U.S, but in North America (i.e. Canada & Mexico)

[quote name='eb3604']pikmin 2 does not have the 30 day game. I believe its unlimited.

also the first cover frankly scares the crap out of me. That bird is going to give me nightmares[/QUOTE]

Bird?? I thought it was a lobster?? Or ENEMY CRAB!

[quote name='Richlough']I'd play mine if it wasn't sealed .:cool:[/quote]

Haha, same here! :D *hugs sealed copy*
_teddy__by_Katrinz0r.gif

[quote name='blackjaw']Bird?? I thought it was a lobster?? Or ENEMY CRAB![/QUOTE]
yes on second glanceover, it does seem to be a lobster or crab. I saw the beaty eyes and thought bird, then closed the window really fast. I've only played pikmin 1, I do own Pikmin 2, but that picture creeps me out.

one of the best 10 dollar games i ever bought. the caves are pretty fun. and the lack of the 30 day limit was nice. the challenge mode was also good. yeah, i'd play it.

[quote name='lilboo']$10? Where the hell is this for $10?[/QUOTE]

it was $10 at TRU, but that was a long time ago

[quote name='62t']it was $10 at TRU, but that was a long time ago[/QUOTE]

Yeah, it was on clearance a couple of Christmas's ago. That was the year I got Metroid Prime 2, Pikmin, LoZ: Four Swords, RE4, Mario Party 5, and Geist for $10 each.

I really miss those TRU and CC clearance sales.

[quote name='lilboo']$10? Where the hell is this for $10?[/QUOTE]
Blockbuster, if your local store still has it for rent. ;)

[quote name='p1e1p1s1']um thanks 4 wasting my time i jus drived 2 a blockbuster and they say theyt havent had it for month or year. if any1 is selling here 4 10 dollers then lmk becuase im buying!!![/QUOTE]

Because it's his fault that you don't know better to use the telephone to check .

:roll:

Is Pikmin 1 worth $40 sealed? I found a copy but was hesitant to buy it because I didn't know if it was overpriced.

I had no idea this game was worth anything. I've had a sealed copy for a couple of years now...I should probably dump it and pick it up used.

[quote name='defiance_17']I had no idea this game was worth anything. I've had a sealed copy for a couple of years now...I should probably dump it and pick it up used.[/quote]

If you plan on playing it, you should find the used copy first because its pretty hard to find one. Gamestop sells them for $40, and most of them are picked clean it seems.

bread's done
Back