Oh No! Rachel Ray is a terrorist!!!

Yeah, I read about this yesterday, and it may be the stupidest thing I've read all year. Michelle Malkin and her ilk are stupid cunts. Also, Dunkin' Donuts has lost my business for life.

Chalk up another victory for the "Can't piss off the Muslims" mindset.

Honestly, it's bullshit.

OH NOES! OXYGEN OFFENDS THE MUSLIMS! EVERYBODY STOP BREATHING OXYGEN BEFORE WE OFFEND THEM.

*breathes deeply*

Muslims are as equal a target for ridicule and praise as any other religion or race in the world. Get in fucking line like everyone else.

~HotShotX

What does this have to do with not pissing off Muslims? They aren't pulling the ads because Muslims are offended she's wearing a scarf. If anything, it should make Muslims angry that a staple of their attire is being demonized in such a base fashion. It's like saying Bin Ladin wears sandals, so every muslim that wears sandals is a terrorist.

However, you're right in that its bullshit. She's wearing a black and white scarf, big fucking deal. Its not like its a red armband with a white circle and a swastika. I think being black and white is a little tenuous to tie a scarf to terrorism.

[quote name='HotShotX']Chalk up another victory for the "Can't piss off the Muslims" mindset.

Honestly, it's bullshit.

OH NOES! OXYGEN OFFENDS THE MUSLIMS! EVERYBODY STOP BREATHING OXYGEN BEFORE WE OFFEND THEM.

*breathes deeply*

Muslims are as equal a target for ridicule and praise as any other religion or race in the world. Get in fucking line like everyone else.

~HotShotX[/quote]

[quote name='HotShotX']Chalk up another victory for the "Can't piss off the Muslims" mindset.

Honestly, it's bullshit.

*breathes deeply*

~HotShotX[/QUOTE]
Read the story. It was right-wing lunatics that had the ad pulled because the scarf was "Jihadist chic."

Honestly, it's bullshit.

*breathes deeply*

~HotShotX[/quote]

Is there a reading comprehension fail pic? I hope so.

Either way, I would love to ravage every one of Rachel Ray's holes while she was making me dinner. Her feet are pretty nice, too.

How exactly did I fail the reading comprehension part? I made a comment about America's obsession to not piss off muslims and the ad was pulled because people were afraid it would piss off muslims.

We can argue the differences between Jihadists and Muslims all we want but ask nearly anyone in America the difference and you're going to get a very ignorant response, which I imagine is what the ad owners are pandering to.

I understand that it's specifically about the scarf itself but no one would give two shits about it if it didn't register "offensive" on the "Incoming Jihad" radar.

And here's the pic you all so desire:

edumacation.jpg

....and yes, I am just as adorable as that book.

~HotShotX

[quote name='HotShotX']How exactly did I fail the reading comprehension part? I made a comment about America's obsession to not piss off muslims and the ad was pulled because people were afraid it would piss off muslims.[/QUOTE]

How *didn't* you fail? The story has nothing to do with potentially pissing off Muslims, and everything to do with pissing off conservative whack-jobs - they were the ones that complained. Check it again.

Oh, and here's the article I read yesterday. Perhaps it will prove less confusing for you:

http://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/story?id=4949437&page=1

[quote name='HotShotX']How exactly did I fail the reading comprehension part? I made a comment about America's obsession to not piss off muslims and the ad was pulled because people were afraid it would piss off muslims.

~HotShotX[/quote]

Critics, including conservative commentator Michelle Malkin, complained that the scarf wrapped around her looked like a kaffiyeh, the traditional Arab headdress. Critics who fueled online complaints about the ad in blogs say such scarves have come to symbolize Muslim extremism and terrorism.

I've never heard of a compassionate conservative worried about Muslim feelings. They are just worried Rachel Ray is the 15th hijacker and her scarf is a hidden sign to all the terrorist cells in the U.S to start blowing up starbucks.

OH NOES!! Mccains daughter is a terrorist lover too!!

11.jpg

That's pretty much the same damn thing. Doesn't really matter to me whether it's the one insulted or the middleman. The conservative whack-jobs are upset because it might upset muslims, or promote terrorism.

~HotShotX

[quote name='Kirin Lemon']How *didn't* you fail? The story has nothing to do with potentially pissing off Muslims, and everything to do with pissing off conservative whack-jobs - they were the ones that complained. Check it again.

Oh, and here's the article I read yesterday. Perhaps it will prove less confusing for you:

http://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/story?id=4949437&page=1[/quote]

[quote name='HotShotX']The conservative whack-jobs are upset because they think it might upset muslims promotes terrorism.

~HotShotX[/QUOTE]
Fixed it myself, because you're still having trouble.

I don't think any Muslims were insulted. The issue was that Dunkin Donuts was promoting terrorism because their spokesperson wore the scarf.

I really kinda thought we were past the whole Freedom Fries bullshit.

[quote name='Kirin Lemon']Fixed it myself, because you're still having trouble.[/quote]

Yes yes, I'm quite stubborn at conceding defeat. Damn those dirty terrorists.

Still though, file the whole thing under who gives a shit. Last I checked, people can wear whatever the hell they want without it meaning anything. Maybe her neck was freaking cold because evanft was too busy ravaging her body but giving no love to the neck until he made a mess on her.

~HotShotX

[quote name='evanft']Either way, I would love to ravage every one of Rachel Ray's holes while she was making me dinner. Her feet are pretty nice, too.[/quote]

You have to be careful with the Rachel Ray types.

Sure, you can fuck them every which way, but you better change your phone number, your home address, your name and undergo a little plastic surgery if she thinks she is in love.

You have to start the date off correctly.

"Hi, Rachel Ray, I'm . I'm just here to paint the walls."

[quote name='HotShotX']

~HotShotX[/QUOTE]

Yeah, because every other religion and race in the world currently have factions known for teaching violence and death in their race or religions name. :roll:

And for what it's worth, this story is silly. PC at it's finest.

[quote name='thrustbucket']Yeah, because every other religion and race in the world currently have factions known for teaching violence and death in their race or religions name. :roll:[/QUOTE]

What does that have to do with anything? And why is "current" relevant? As long as the political/religious/racial/nationalist violence isn't going on at this exact moment, the group responsible gets a pass?

[quote name='thrustbucket']And for what it's worth, this story is silly. PC at it's finest.[/QUOTE]

So ... Dunkin Donuts is PC ... because it's afraid of offending conservatives? That's a unique take on the term, but you might have something there.

This being news is just another example of how the world has become extra-sensitive to everything. Shit, at this point in time, I expect to see nationwide news coverage on kids wearing these arm bands with the "news pundits" proclaiming them fascists. :bomb:

Oh, look.

Another fevered reminder of the terrorist threat from all brown people in order to coerce the country into fear so that they'll vote for McCain in November.

And, y'know, I'll be damned if that beverage Rachael Ray is holding isn't the same color as Obama's skin.

Which means (you of course saw this as well) that Obama and Hamas = BFF.

Can't we all just come together and celebrate a fevered hatred of Rachel Ray for making millions off of embracing the most mediocre sort of bastardized "cuisine" imaginable?

For reals. She should be sent to the gallows for putting prosciutto on Pillsbury crescent rolls and telling America that's a classy appetizer.

Be not distracted by the right wing: Rachael Ray's real terrorist threat is on our palates!

[quote name='thrustbucket']Yeah, because every other religion and race in the world currently have factions known for teaching violence and death in their race or religions name. :roll:[/quote]
Show me one that doesn't or hasn't in the recent past.

[quote name='homeland']Quakers...[/QUOTE]
Which would be a faction of Christianity, and I don't think anyone wants to go there.

Jews! We never teach violence or death in our religions name. People tried to kill us a lot, but that is more self defense. Education, acceptance and tolerance has always been important maxims to the Jewish faith. While we're the "chosen ones" we still respect and are very tolerant of other faiths.

[quote name='pittpizza']Jews! We never teach violence or death in our religions name. People tried to kill us a lot, but that is more self defense. Education, acceptance and tolerance has always been important maxims to the Jewish faith. While we're the "chosen ones" we still respect and are very tolerant of other faiths.[/QUOTE]

And love chinese food :nottalking:

[quote name='pittpizza']Jews! We never teach violence or death in our religions name. People tried to kill us a lot, but that is more self defense. Education, acceptance and tolerance has always been important maxims to the Jewish faith. While we're the "chosen ones" we still respect and are very tolerant of other faiths.[/QUOTE]
If only ya'll could keep the super O's in line..

Aw, c'mon man: don't make me go there. My jew-lovin' heart hates to point it out, but nobody is above it.

http://archives.cnn.com/2001/LAW/12/12/jdl.arrests/

http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_hb5090/is_199403/ai_n18505012

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yitzhak_Rabin

All religions have been responsible for violence at some point in the past. But how many have been responsible for organized killings in the last 30 years? Which ones pose relevant threats to people not members of their religion today?

Most of the worlds religions have grown up and become adult by now.... Most.

[quote name='thrustbucket']All religions have been responsible for violence at some point in the past. But how many have been responsible for organized killings in the last 30 years? Which ones pose relevant threats to people not members of their religion today?

Most of the worlds religions have grown up and become adult by now.... Most.[/quote]

http://www.armyofgod.com/EricRudolphHomepage.html ?

[quote name='camoor']http://www.armyofgod.com/EricRudolphHomepage.html ?[/QUOTE]

Are you really going to argue that run-of-the-mill serial killers and murderers that happen to be super religious is comparable to islamic jihad?

Look, my point is simply that saying that all other religions are worthy of equal criticism to Islam, relative to modern events - especially considering modern massive movements of open Armageddon and mass murder, is absolutely ridiculous.

I know it isn't PC, and I know it's trendy these days to hate religion in general and try to group religion and spiritualism as the ultimate cause of the world ills, but it's factually incorrect.

It really chafes my balls when people try to defend Islam as by saying everyone else is as or more guilty. Because unless you insist on living in the past, it isn't true.

A certain religion contains far more violent groups than others. A certain religion is known for standing by quietly while fanatics kill in their name, daily. It's ok to talk about, it's ok to point out. It doesn't make you insensitive or intolerant.

Now before I get accused of being a bigot towards Islam (which I'm sure pizza would say if he could read this post), let me say that I fully acknowledge that Muslims for the most part are not killers, or murderers, nor do they want to post Fallout 3 pictures on the net of what they want to see happen to our nations capital. Nor do they support that behavior.

But the fact that most peaceful Muslims will even admit to, is that their is a greater cancer in their own religion right now than any other major religion. To try and argue otherwise is ridiculous, and only usually attempted by anti-religious bigots to begin with.

[quote name='thrustbucket']Are you really going to argue that run-of-the-mill serial killers and murderers that happen to be super religious is comparable to islamic jihad?[/quote]

I would say that run-of-the-mill serial killers and murderers that happen to be super fundamentalist Muslim are comparable to run-of-the-mill serial killers and murderers that happen to be super fundamentalist Christian.

What percentage of Muslims in, oh say Iraq, do you think are terrorists? I'm just curious.

And one step further - what percentage of Muslims with the same means and education as the average American do you think are terrorists?

If you think that poor literacy rates, poor material wealth and Chrsitianity don't breed the same outbreaks of violence then I suggest picking up a history book.

[quote name='camoor']I would say that run-of-the-mill serial killers and murderers that happen to be super fundamentalist Muslim are comparable to run-of-the-mill serial killers and murderers that happen to be super fundamentalist Christian.[/quote]

So you really don't see a differentiation in danger between the well organized, well funded, global Jihadist movement with very public, very well known specific goals and history of mass bombings, with whole nations harboring and supporting them........compared to random murderers that also happen to call themselves Christians?

Alright, if you say so. No point in arguing that one further....We'll just have to agree to disagree.

What percentage of Muslims in, oh say Iraq, do you think are terrorists? I'm just curious.

I'm really not sure how this pertains to the discussion at hand, but I'll humor you because I'm sick of working.

This is a potential "slippery slope" question that would then lead into defining what a terrorist is. For the sake of this discussion, lets define a terrorist as someone that has killed before, or supported the killing before - for religious reasons.

Let me also preface my answer by saying that Iraq is now a battleground. It is where terrorists WANT TO GO to fight for religious reasons. So it's not indicative of the Iraqi population.

I would guess around 2-6% at any given time given the porous borders. Even if it were possible to find the real number though, I would not be surprised if it were over 10% or less than 1%.

And one step further - what percentage of Muslims with the same means and education as the average American do you think are terrorists?

Defining terrorists as those who have killed, or supported the killing, for religious reasons, in this case: I'd guess it could be as high as 10%.

And let me ask you a couple of questions to help illustrate why:

How many nations on the globe are theocracies that are not Islamic?

Out of the ones that aren't, how many of those nations are known for executing, maiming, or torturing their citizens based on their interpretation of religious law?

Out of the theocracies that ARE based on Islamic (Sharia) law, how many ARE known for executing, torturing, and maiming citizens because of religious interpretation? How many of their citizens are ok with it?

How many Muslims, world-wide, do you think are ok with the concept of Jihad given the right circumstances?

Do you think there are more, less, or the same number of Christians world wide, that would be ok with the concept of religion-based terrorism or war, given the right circumstances? How about for Jews? Hindi? Buddhist?

If you think that poor literacy rates, poor material wealth and Christianity don't breed the same outbreaks of violence then I suggest picking up a history book.

Again the addiction to history. I was never speaking historically. All that is relevant to this discussion is today's headlines and today's events. Please keep this in mind when you respond.
The reason - With this subject, history is only used to justify why. Not the who and now. Talking about history isn't going to answer the question of which religion today produces the most violent or dangerous (the ultimate point, as I see it).

[quote name='evanft']I wanna bang Rachel Ray in the ass while Michelle Malkin rims me. I wanna be eating a falafel, too.[/quote]

And in America, it CAN happen.

Good luck, sir, and god speed.

Most importantly, videotape it.

[quote name='Kirin Lemon']:lol: I do so love that photo you used.

malkin1.jpg
[/QUOTE]

:rofl:
Looks like shes about to go "FFFFUUUUUCCCKKK!!!!!!"

[quote name='thrustbucket']Again the addiction to history. I was never speaking historically. All that is relevant to this discussion is today's headlines and today's events. Please keep this in mind when you respond.
The reason - With this subject, history is only used to justify why. Not the who and now. Talking about history isn't going to answer the question of which religion today produces the most violent or dangerous (the ultimate point, as I see it).[/QUOTE]

We can only talk about who's the most violent "today"? Then "today," there isn't even such a thing as terrorism, because there were no reported terrorist attacks. Oh, wait, are we talking about within the last thirty years? The IRA only called an end to its armed campaign in 2005, you know. You keep saying "history doesn't count." Why not? And why is it *you* get to choose the cut off date at which we start to ignore atrocity? You say thirty years; I say sixty. Then Hitler's in play, and you don't get to make your ridiculous sweeping generalizations. Sorry, champ, the Christians produced history's greatest monster. Don't want to go that far back? Hitler wasn't *really* Christian? Then you're just in denial -- you won't admit, even today, that there is a greater cancer in your religion than any other.

Selectively picking and choosing the terms loads the question.

[quote name='thrustbucket']To try and argue otherwise is ridiculous, and only usually attempted by anti-religious bigots to begin with.[/QUOTE]

Or maybe people who don't have a stake in any of the religions are uniquely capable of seeing things that people with a personal bias obviously can't. Whichever.

[quote name='thrustbucket']Look, my point is simply that saying that all other religions are worthy of equal criticism to Islam, relative to modern events - especially considering modern massive movements of open Armageddon and mass murder, is absolutely ridiculous.[/quote]
As pointed out before, your choice of time frame is laughably pathetic. You're a bright enough dude. That framing is fucking atrocious to reasonable people.

It really chafes my balls when people try to defend Islam as by saying everyone else is as or more guilty. Because unless you insist on living in the past, it isn't true.
The extremists within Islam have done an exceptionally poor job of capitalizing since 9/11. The only thing they've done right since then is follow our trail of bad policy decisions around the world. What about the last 5 years? Who then would be living in the past?

A certain religion contains far more violent groups than others. A certain religion is known for standing by quietly while fanatics kill in their name, daily. It's ok to talk about, it's ok to point out. It doesn't make you insensitive or intolerant.
All ya'll religious people don't look different to me. Time and opportunity are the only differences I see between ya'll. That's just me though.

But the fact that most peaceful Muslims will even admit to, is that their is a greater cancer in their own religion right now than any other major religion. To try and argue otherwise is ridiculous, and only usually attempted by anti-religious bigots to begin with.
It really depends on how you see the world. I am much more worried about having my way of life changed by domestic religious people than a bunch of cave dwelling yokels that got lucky with a plan.

Also, despite how you may feel about it, a reasonable person would admit that if one were going to size up the entities most likely to be seen as a world "cancer", the United States would probably be in the top 5.

Ok my thoughts on this. First Michelle Malkin and that Black Conservative commentator from CNN are hot. Most minority Conservative commentators are attractive. On the other hand I haven't seen ONE attractive WHITE Conservative Commentator. No Ann Coulture isn't attractive.
edit: Oh and I think this issue is ridiculous about the scarf. Only the Far Right would read into an insignificant piece of clothing that much. Oh yeah and some Far Left one's perhaps as well.

[quote name='Sarang01']Ok my thoughts on this. First Michelle Malkin and that Black Conservative commentator from CNN are hot. Most minority Conservative commentators are attractive. On the other hand I haven't seen ONE attractive WHITE Conservative Commentator. No Ann Coulture isn't attractive.
edit: Oh and I think this issue is ridiculous about the scarf. Only the Far Right would read into an insignificant piece of clothing that much. Oh yeah and some Far Left one's perhaps as well.[/quote]

wat

American citizens have a higher chance of getting struck by lighting then dying from a terrorist attack.... 9/11 included.

I can't believe that some of you are saying this is a case of overly sensitive PC. Ugh, seriously think this through. Michelle Malkin is basically making an out and out Xenophobic (if not RACIST) attack on arabic people. Its disgusting. The fact that this is even slightly tolerated makes me sick. Freedom of speech I guess, but this was one of the the most transparently Xenophobic statements I've seen from Malkin and her ilk (Laura Ingrahm, Ann coulter, Limbaugh, Hannity, other crazy conservatives nut-jobs). I mean seriously people, think about it!

By the way the claim that Islamic fundamentalist who use terrorism as a tactic are organized in one grand world wide movement is a joke. These are terrible people who are sociopathic religious freaks, believing that they are must kill people who are different and want a cultural homogenous world, but to say they are organized is a compliment. Guess what, John Hagee is more organized than these fuckers.

Please CAGs, I know you guys are better than just jumping on this story as being an example of Political Correctness gone amuck. Its the opposite.

Obama '08

bread's done
Back