Gameliquidation.com

punqsux

CAGiversary!
Feedback
88 (100%)
since i feel that this topic has been fully addressed and handled very well by jason from gameliquidations, ive changed the title as to not scare peopleaway from the site, my full post is still below, but to elaborate on it, im assuming my neogeo has arrived, but i wont know until monday when i go bacck to school, and also, after dealing with my messed up e-mail service, i got a gift voucher (took them about 5 tries, i thought that was prettycool to put upwith that) if anyone still has some problem with thissite, idsay to e-mail them because they've been more than helpful to me.

Old Post:
like many people here i ordered a neo geo pc from them, and while it said free priority shipping, i expected it to get here thursday or friday(i checked tuesday and it said shipped) so waiting and waiting. when it didnt come today i wondered what was going on with it, so i went to my account log on the site and apparently they shipped it media! this is what their site read right now

FREE Priority Mail (2- 3 day delivery) shipping on Neo Geo Pocket Color System Bundles + 4 PAK expansion sets! All other games ship first class free.

no i dont know how they can justify not sending priority because i ordered another cart (with no box or instructions) that weighs about 3 ounces, but if they would have shipped first class, i owuld have understood the loophole of having ordered a game and being down graded....but now media fucking mail!!

i wrote them asking about this and am waiting for a response, however i doubt ill get one as i wrote them before and got no reply... im not much a fan of this site, ill be calling them on monday if i dont get any info by them. ill update this if anyone cares

Yea, ive been waiting to Punq, I was thinking the excact same thing, especially since some people were saying they got their's like 2 days later. Mine I ordered mine the 13th but i didnt get confirmation that it shipped until the 16th. Media mail susposedly takes about 4 business days so hopefully i get it today. I purchased so many games in the past 3 months that i have things to keep me occupied, but thats still pretty wrong of them.

[quote name='imacheapasstoo']More comments here:

http://cheapassgamer.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=9695&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=40

You're not the only one who got media mail shipping when Priority Mail was advertised.[/quote]

wow that sucks that everyone is having the same problems, thats pretty shady of them

i saved the htm files incase this becomes an issue, im hoping they'll do the right thing and offer a $5 off coupon or something, but based on their customer service, and dishonest business practices, i wouldnt count on anything =o\

[quote name='Theenternal']Yea, ive been waiting to Punq, I was thinking the excact same thing, especially since some people were saying they got their's like 2 days later. Mine I ordered mine the 13th but i didnt get confirmation that it shipped until the 16th. Media mail susposedly takes about 4 business days so hopefully i get it today. I purchased so many games in the past 3 months that i have things to keep me occupied, but thats still pretty wrong of them.[/quote]

Media mail doesn't take 4 days. It takes at least 6 days from east to mid-west, 14 to CA (forget about to hawaii) it is surface shipping, meaning truck only.

The reason they sent your item media mail is because you likely used a coupon or discount which reduces their profit margin significantly. Priority shipping for a 3 pound item costs about 6-7 dollars, while media mail is about 3.50.

[quote name='dragonfireflys'][quote name='Theenternal']Yea, ive been waiting to Punq, I was thinking the excact same thing, especially since some people were saying they got their's like 2 days later. Mine I ordered mine the 13th but i didnt get confirmation that it shipped until the 16th. Media mail susposedly takes about 4 business days so hopefully i get it today. I purchased so many games in the past 3 months that i have things to keep me occupied, but thats still pretty wrong of them.[/quote]

Media mail doesn't take 4 days. It takes at least 6 days from east to mid-west, 14 to CA (forget about to hawaii) it is surface shipping, meaning truck only.

The reason they sent your item media mail is because you likely used a coupon or discount which reduces their profit margin significantly. Priority shipping for a 3 pound item costs about 6-7 dollars, while media mail is about 3.50.[/quote]

You're right, i stuck in the wrong zipcode when using usps's website. We all used the 15% coupon.. I hope :) but they still need to change the info regarding it, as even people who ordered the 6 pack + the 4 game set still got media.

Well I don't know if you guys/gals are up on the media mail qualifications but this DOES'NT qualify to be shipped media.

Check the postal website for the official wording.

The system is in no way media and they now have disqualified cartridge based games from media mail.

What you all should do is when you finally get your package take it to your post office and open it up in front of the clerk and file a complaint with them.

No telling how much money they have cost the post office by sending items illegialy via media mail, and I am sure the post office would like to know.

A good way to stick it to this company.

[quote name='JibbaJabba']Well I don't know if you guys/gals are up on the media mail qualifications but this DOES'NT qualify to be shipped media.

Check the postal website for the official wording.

The system is in no way media and they now have disqualified cartridge based games from media mail.

What you all should do is when you finally get your package take it to your post office and open it up in front of the clerk and file a complaint with them.

No telling how much money they have cost the post office by sending items illegialy via media mail, and I am sure the post office would like to know.

A good way to stick to this company.[/quote]

this will be a good point to bring up when i call them on monday, thank you for bringing this to my attention ^^

That's horrible they sent them media mail. Media Mail can take up to a month depending on how far the destinations are. I used to ship games media mail on Half.com and when people were questioning where their items were 3 weeks after I shipped the games, I decided that from now on, I only use 1st class or Priority.

I didn't get mine either but over the weekend I sent them an e-mail. I told them how dissappointed I was over their add of false advertising. Today I got an e-mail back apologizing for the mistake of sending it by media mail and for my "trouble" got a $7.50 gift voucher. Turned around and bought another NGPC game for 5.00. Sucks that I'm not getting it for another couple of days but for the price and the fact that I have more than enough games to tie me over, it's worth it. At least they wrote back about my complaint.

I ordered the NGPC bundle+4 Pak B on Monday the 15th. Got shipping confirmation the 17th. Still haven't received it. I'm sure it was sent Media Mail. If it were Priority it surely would have been here by Saturday.

This is really nothing but outright false advertising.

Oh also, where are you guys seeing that it was sent Media Mail? I can't find anything in my account or order page that suggests it was sent Priority or Media either one.

Now it says, "FREE Insured US Postal Service shipping on this item!"

I'll email them and see if they want to address this issue here.

Thanks, CheapyD. He's much more likely to respond to you than to any of us. He never replied to my email asking about the media mail vs priority mail discrepancy.

[quote name='CheapyD']Now it says, "FREE Insured US Postal Service shipping on this item![/quote]

If they ship it insured through the post office, then they cant send it via media mail. You can't insure media mail. The only way you can is if you use a third party insurance company. Can't remember who wrote it, but take your media mail package to the post office, and open it in front of them!

03/14/2004 Waiting for PayPal
03/14/2004 PENDING
Thank you for your order. Your item(s) have shipped with the following mailing information:

Mail Class: Media Mail

Tracking Number: 0280521390703117xxxx

Upon tracking it :(

Current Status

You entered 0280 5213 9070 3117 xxxx

The U.S. Postal Service was electronically notified by the shipper or shipping partner on March 16, 2004 to expect your package for mailing. Information, if available, is updated every evening. Please check again later

So my mom just hands me a package, im playing halo, and it feels kinda heavy, im like thinking"Alright! finally here" I look at the label, has her name on it.....i open it, its some books she thought the package was for me not for her :(

i called them today and i got alot of apologizes some woman took my number and said a manager would call me back....the wait goes on...

Well, they gave me the advertised shipping so I am happy. That sucks that they changed it, but you have to admit that it's still a damn good deal.

they just called me back and sent me a $5 gift voucher and said it should get here by friday (i hope so i leeve town thursday) all in all im not complaining anymore, both people i talked to were very polite

[quote name='Diiz']Well, they gave me the advertised shipping so I am happy. That sucks that they changed it, but you have to admit that it's still a damn good deal.[/quote]

The 3 week to a month wait totally kills this deal for me.

Do .htm files even mean anything anymore?

(screenshot of what you can do with basic HTML knowledge)
untitled.JPG

[quote name='Mr Unoriginal']Maybe he was showing us his l33t photoshop skilzzzzzz!!!!!!!!11111[/quote]

Yea, im all up for some humor, but it was something pretty easy to do, that i was wondering if i was missing the joke. And it was soooooooooooo off topic.

At least the macguyver joke a few days ago, related to the topic....sorry "scrubking"

[quote name='punqsux'][quote name='imacheapasstoo']More comments here:

http://cheapassgamer.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=9695&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=40

You're not the only one who got media mail shipping when Priority Mail was advertised.[/quote]

wow that sucks that everyone is having the same problems, thats pretty shady of them

i saved the htm files incase this becomes an issue, im hoping they'll do the right thing and offer a $5 off coupon or something, but based on their customer service, and dishonest business practices, i wouldnt count on anything =o\[/quote]

Sorry, 'twas late, please continue castrating me.

(BTW, I have no Photoshop anything, I just fiddled with saved HTML)

ah, now i get what you were saying: that its easy to fiddle with html files, so they wouldn't really hold up as evidence of a deal. gotcha.

yeah, i'm gonna go out on a limb here and say that your post just confused the shit out of me since it didn't really have an explanation....

But hey, no harm done. ;)

EDIT: fixed crappy spelling.

[quote name='BigNick'][quote name='CheapyD']Now it says, "FREE Insured US Postal Service shipping on this item![/quote]

If they ship it insured through the post office, then they cant send it via media mail. You can't insure media mail. The only way you can is if you use a third party insurance company. Can't remember who wrote it, but take your media mail package to the post office, and open it in front of them![/quote]

Accually yes you can insure media mail. As stated on the usps website.
http://www.usps.com/send/waystosendmail/extraservices/insuranceservice.htm

It's just if the item gets damaged the post office will deny it without thinking twice since the item does'nt qualify for the media rate.

Still waiting on one of my packages (the one with the NGPC itself). The package supposedly shipped on the 16th. It hasn't arrived yet. I have 2 NGPC games now but no NGPC to play them on. I bet my Doshin game from the UK will get here before the NGPC does.

So why did some people get the priority mail that was advertised while the rest of us got stuck with media mail? What was the distinguishing factor?

While those of us who got stuck with media mail wait and wait, we have to wonder whether the package is lost or whether it's actually on it's snail-mail way. *sigh*

[quote name='imacheapasstoo']So why did some people get the priority mail that was advertised while the rest of us got stuck with media mail? What was the distinguishing factor?[/quote]

Because they knew that some of us wouldn't complain about free shipping, regardless of the method, so they decided to reward us.

[quote name='Diiz'][quote name='imacheapasstoo']So why did some people get the priority mail that was advertised while the rest of us got stuck with media mail? What was the distinguishing factor?[/quote]

Because they knew that some of us wouldn't complain about free shipping, regardless of the method, so they decided to reward us.[/quote]

I don't think anyone's complaining about free shipping. What people are upset about is the fact that one shipping method was advertised (a much faster shipping method) but a different and much slower method was actually used. Free shipping is never something I'd complain about, but when one method is stated and I purchase an item expecting to get the advertised method but instead I get something that takes 2-5 times as long, then yes I shall voice my 2 cents.

Hi,

this is Jason from Gameliquidation.com Customer Service. I have been informed about this discussion board by CheapyD and would like to address any problems or issues that some of our buyers may have faced.

It is correct that our shipping policy had changed over the last week. Just to be informative, the free shipping method was changed to Media Mail from Priority Mail because of the heavy coupon usage (which is OK) combined with the new price drop. Priority Mail costs us about $7.00 and our company was taking a loss. That said, it was completely our error as the policy had gone into effect on our end but the webpage was not updated till a few days later. Hence the problem you are discussing and the "misleading" effect. Nevertheless, it is our experience and the post office's description that Media Mail shipments take on average 2-9 BUSINESS days to be delivered, depending on distance from our California location. Therefore, rest assured that any shipments are still in transit and should be delivered relatively soon.
Also, if you are new to checking delivery confirmation numbers (which we email with every shipment) note that delivery confirmation is "semi-tracking" in that 90% of the time it will show "Package is expected.." until it is actually delivered to the RECIPIENT.

Please Note: All who have contacted us about this shipping inconsistency issue have been offered a gift voucher for any inconvenience. If you have not, you may send an email to [email protected] with subject "Shipping Method Discrepancy" .

Furthermore,
Should the delayed delivery have caused a problem such that you no longer want the purchase, we will accept a return for a full refund within 45 days of delivery (package must be unopened/ new condition) and reimburse the return shipment via a PayPal payment.

On a separate note regarding the use of Media Mail to send the NeoGeo Pocket Color System with games, the post office qualifies the shipment of video games and software via Media Mail.

Our goal is to provide the lowest prices possible and ever seen, with free shipping, while maintaining customer satisfaction.

Please accept our apology for the temporary shipping method error that has been dealt with and continue to look for more liquidations from our online store. I will try to monitor this forum to answer any questions you might have.

Cordially,

Jason Ahdoot
GameLiquidation.com Customer Service Manager

Thanks much for the response. I'm sure we all appreciate being updated as to what happened with the discrepancy, and your response here will probably ensure that many of us (such as myself) become repeat customers.

I hope that we ALL appreciate their efforts to ameliorate this situation. I think that their solution was more than fair and their response more than adequate.

[quote name='punqsux']wow, its not too often you see that, jason, i applaude you sir[/quote]

Thanks, although I believe it is my responsibility.

Note to punqsux: Your hotmail email is also bouncing so I am unsure if you received the gift voucher.

bread's done
Back