NBA Street Vol. 3 with Mario Characters!!!

neonglow

CAGiversary!
Feedback
73 (100%)
http://www.ebgames.com/ebx/product/246574.asp

246574.jpg

From IGN:

December 13, 2004 - Recent rumors circulating the Internet have alleged that the latest installment in EA's hit freestyle basketball series, NBA Street, would feature an all-new cast of Nintendo-style characters. And if a new piece of box art posted on retail sites is to be believed, the rumors are true.

The Nintendo All-Stars, or more specifically characters like Mario and Peach, are set to be playable characters in EA's forthcoming NBA Street V3 for GameCube -- at least, that's what we can gather from the included box art. This is definitely one unique way to distinguish the sports title on Nintendo's platform.

Not sure if I would buy this over the other versions. This is the only version without online play so I guess this is compensation for that.

yeah I think I am going to be getting the gamecube version. However the xbox version has xbox live huh?

[quote name='Ikohn4ever']maybe the cube version will be lan capable[/quote]

Uhhh... LAN capable basketball game?

Aren't LANs used for splitscreens so you don't have the half screen?

The Nintendo team will be overpowered. Mario will shoot fireballs and Yoshi will eat the enemy and shit out basketballs.

Like Soul Caliber 2, I can see how this gives Nintendo an edge.

maybe they'll have console specific special teams for the x box and ps2 versions. that'd be kick ass too. even if they don't i'll probably get the x box and gc versions of this after a price drop for the 2nd (copy of Vol 3 that is) one.

Edit: Part of me wanted to say team sonic on x box, but that'd never happen.

[quote name='craven_fiend']maybe they'll have console specific special teams for the x box and ps2 versions. that'd be kick ass too. even if they don't i'll probably get the x box and gc versions of this after a price drop for the 2nd (copy of Vol 3 that is) one.

Edit: Part of me wanted to say team sonic on x box, but that'd never happen.[/quote]

doesn't EA have the rights to marvel characters now? how about some spidey action on the court?

[quote name='kristianator'][quote name='craven_fiend']maybe they'll have console specific special teams for the x box and ps2 versions. that'd be kick ass too. even if they don't i'll probably get the x box and gc versions of this after a price drop for the 2nd (copy of Vol 3 that is) one.

Edit: Part of me wanted to say team sonic on x box, but that'd never happen.[/quote]

doesn't EA have the rights to marvel characters now? how about some spidey action on the court?[/quote]

that would be cool to see too.

man if only nintendo would do a basketball game with their characters, that'd be fun to play. have mario go for a dunk and slip on a banana thrown by one of the kongs. man, i'd buy that.

[quote name='tenzor']yeah I think I am going to be getting the gamecube version. However the xbox version has xbox live huh?[/quote]

Damn! Thats a very tough decision. I will have to think on this one. Does anyone know if the XBOX version will support custom soundtracts?

[quote name='lurknomore']EA is the downfall of the civilization, so Nintendo + EA is simply disgusting. Why can't Nintendo join up with Sega!?!?!?!?[/quote]

F-Zero GX

[quote name='Alpha2'][quote name='lurknomore']EA is the downfall of the civilization, so Nintendo + EA is simply disgusting. Why can't Nintendo join up with Sega!?!?!?!?[/quote]

F-Zero GX[/quote]

:lol:

i never begrudged ea for what the do but after the nfl move i don't think i can buy this -- at least not new :)

Tough decision for me now...

Do I get the XBOX version for online play, or GC for the Nintendo characters? I think i'm favoring the GC version.

This is a really smart move by Nintendo. Soul Calibur for GC outsold the XBOX and PS2 versions because they put Link in the game. This is exactly what they need to do to boost 3rd party game sales!

^What?

LAN is like online play, but on your local network. Hook up a bunch of cubes to your home network all hooked up to different Televisions and play. And with Warppipe you can take your LAN games to the Internet.

I don't care if Solid Snake made an appearance. There's no way I'm paying for anymore ea games until their nfl monopoly is over. I would, though, consider it as a $5 game :D

[quote name='Parathod']The Nintendo team will be overpowered. Mario will shoot fireballs and Yoshi will eat the enemy and shit out basketballs.

Like Soul Caliber 2, I can see how this gives Nintendo an edge.[/quote]

Yeah, since they opened the floodgates with Soul Calibur II (which was a great gimmick that worked both sales-wise and gameplay-wise) I was wondering if they were going to cross-merchandise their native characters... this should be pretty hilarious, since I have little to no motivation to play online - a sentiment probably shared by most primary GC owners. A single player (well, non-online) bonus to make up for lack of online play... Well played, Nintendo. If this is true and it works.

BTW I bet you'll be right about Yoshi... :D

its nice to see that some of you also disagree with ea's ethics and wont let a playable character draw you away from your convictions.

While it's certainly great to see Nintendo characters in NBA Street, I feel like the PS2 controls for the game are the easiest to use. Unless they've changed the control system, I might still have to side with a PS2 version of the game.

I'd totally go with the PS2 version if it also had exclusive characters. Not that the Sony mascots are as endearing or enduring as Nintendo's but it'd be enough to make me buy the PS2 version. It'd also be fun to see them put in a Gran Turismo car. Hey, Sega once had a Daytona car in a fighting game, so it's not like there's no precedent for this sort of thing...

BTW, does anyone else find it weird that EA was talking about making the graphics more realistic in Vol. 3 (which I think is a bad decision) and then they proceed to add Mario & Luigi into the mix? :p

bread's done
Back