Wombat's DS Guitar Hero music comments (CAGcast 120)

SkippyDoorknob

CAGiversary!
Hey Wombat, you're probably right about the music quality being crummy in the DS Guitar Hero game, but there is maybe another alternative as to why there was no music in their goofy promo video. Maybe at the time that was made they had not worked out the licensing deals for the music yet and therefore could not include music in the video?

[quote name='SkippyDoorknob']Hey Wombat, you're probably right about the music quality being crummy in the DS Guitar Hero game, but there is maybe another alternative as to why there was no music in their goofy promo video. Maybe at the time that was made they had not worked out the licensing deals for the music yet and therefore could not include music in the video?[/QUOTE]

They wouls usually work out those deals before they make the game, I believe a partial playlist is up, yeah here it is http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3167627. So licensing should be over

[quote name='usickenme']maybe they would need a separate license for commercials?[/QUOTE]That's actually what I was thinking. I don't know the ins and outs of copyright law, but I know that music licensing is generally just a nightmare of retarded technicalities.

For example, I got my parents the "Worst Of American Idol" DVD, and it doesn't even include the singing part of most of the auditions (just the judges reactions). So clearing the song on TV and licensing it for DVD are completely separate things, and we're not even talking about official versions of songs here.

Another weird thing is WWE shows. A wrestler used a Rob Zombie song for his entrance music, and they would always play it on Monday Night Raw. But when they re-ran the show on Telemundo on Sundays, they would always take out the Zombie song and use WWE production music in its place. So whatever license they had for that song applied to the live Monday broadcast but not the Saturday re-run.

So anyway, who knows, I wouldn't be surprised at all if they had to license stuff all over again for a commercial and they just didn't want to deal with / pay for it.

bread's done
Back