Looking for a wireless adapter in the GTA

rkraupa

CAGiversary!
Good morning guys, I know this isnt gaming related, well it is because i want a wireless adapter for my pc so i can go online and game with it, but anyways im looking for a good quality router for the best possible price. I dont know alot about them I run window's XP on the computer and i want to use it for gaming that has alot of graphic demands im not sure if that will affect the router. Thanks for any helps or tips.

If it makes a difference i live in oshawa, ontario.

[quote name='rkraupa']Good morning guys, I know this isnt gaming related, well it is because i want a wireless adapter for my pc so i can go online and game with it, but anyways im looking for a good quality router for the best possible price. I dont know alot about them I run window's XP on the computer and i want to use it for gaming that has alot of graphic demands im not sure if that will affect the router. Thanks for any helps or tips.

If it makes a difference i live in oshawa, ontario.[/quote]

Well from what I've read, choosing a router can be very subjective, as there are many different models available from several companies, with some that will work flawlessly, and others that will cause headache after headache. Personally, I have the Linksys WRT54G, and I did have problems with it, but I recently upgraded the firmware and disable the UPNP feature, and it's been working flawlessly. Here's a great guide to router selection: http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=754875

I know it's based on PS3, but I would imagine the same principles will apply. Good luck!

bread's done
Back