Looking for Guitar for GH3 360

moosebox

CAG Veteran
Well I was able to pick up a used copy of GH3 for 4.99 from EBgames deal, but now I need a guitar obviously.

EBGames sells the Les Paul wireless guitars for $39.99 used.

I just wondering if anyone knows of anywhere that might be selling these for a better price?

Ebay, RFD Buy sell trade forums, Kijiji all seem to have people selling the guitars for around $50... so so far the best deal is EB.

I might check Microplay on the way home from work today, anyone know if they have used guitars, and if so how much.

you do get the 10% off with the card, but other than the fre-ebay type sites i would assume those are the only places.

I got mine (2 wired gh2) for 20.99 open box items, came with the game and just traded one in. Maybe give FS/BB a try too for open box stuff

Heh, I'm in the same boat (and probably a lot of other CAGs are).

I don't know if buying used controllers/accessories are really such a great idea.

I suggest just buying new controllers. You never know if the used controllers always have full functionality as new ones, as there could always be some minor issues that could impact your gameplay. Also, you never really know if the used controllers have really been cleaned or sanitized for that matter so best to stick with new guitars.

As other posters have suggest, buying new may be a safer bet. If you time it right, you can get 15%-20% off video game accessories at Best Buy/Future Shop when they have their Customer Appreciation/Friends and Family Sales. Regularly priced at $59.99, the controllers could be $47.99-$50.99. Then you're getting the full GH3 bundle for less than $60!

I'm just wondering -- they don't make the Guitar Hero 2 game + guitar bundles anymore, do they? Cause if they did, I guess I could pick that up and have a guitar for both games.

Microplay is a pretty good place for used guitar controllers, because (at least at ours in Winnipeg) they won't take one in unless it's tested and working. They also charge less for a used guitar than EB, from what I've compared.

If you plan to get a used one at EB, allow me to echo what the others have said here: be leery if it works, because it was in all likelihood not tested (I picked up a used 360 Les Paul to find out that the strum bar didn't work at all). Last time I saw, the used Les Pauls were something like $49.99, and the Rock Band Stratocasters were about the same. You could just as easily get a brand new one for that price.

I'm super picky with these controllers because I have quite a collection of them so far, and I like to modify the insides. heh

Yea I guess it would be best to avoid used guitars, who knows what it's been though...

Guess my options now are: New, or get one off a friend.

It might end up being more cash than you want to spend, but Guitar Hero 2 bundles still exist somewhere and the Aerosmith GH bundle is out soon. These might be your best bets.

my wife bought a gh3 used guitar from eb... I think it was 50$ or something, so 45$ with the edge card. its a pretty decent thing to pick up since its compatible with gh2, gh3, gh rock the 80s, gh aerosmith and most importantly rockband. and it should hopefully compatible with future versions, unless guitar hero 4 adds a 6th fret button lol. gh2 guitar was a bit cheaper, but the wireless was worth the extra 10$ or whatever.

the guitar's star power stopped working after a week or so though so we got a replacement from eb without any hassle.

bread's done
Back