BBV or EB?

kathos

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
So my brother has a few games he wants to trade away, I've never traded anything in so dunno what I'm doing here. I might as well use it to my advantage and work this to my advantage.

But what I'm gathering is that three $8 games will net me a new release preorder fully paid.

So! My eyes are set on MGS 4 (but the LE edition is possible) and wondering which places I should go to; EB or BBV?

Who gives me more monies for trade ins or who actually even puts up MGS4 LE instead of that dopey regular edition?

So confusing, help!

BBV gives more value for your games.
EB gives you like really low trade-invalues but they have promotional offers that would bump up the credit. Their credit is not taxed.

I say EB simply because I hate BBV. I have only ever rented 2 games from them, and the second one they told me I didn't return for 3 months - and I actually returned it 3 days after I rented it because I wasn't a fan of the game. I go in there to rent a movie and he says I owe $44.... yeah right. So I just left.

So...I prefer EB! (And I really like EB though...I have no complaints about them).

EB for the win. Eb will bump the value to $25. add 13% tak to it and you get around $30 per game. BBV sucks compared to EB

Neither. Microplay.
Although it depends on where you live since because they're franchises, some are better than others.
The ones in K-W are good and actually have decent prices on used games, unlike EB.

Gotta agree with IceBlueShoes on Microplay. I've usually gotten way higher TIVs from the one in Guelph than I have from anywhere else, and they seem to drop the prices on games way more quickly too (unlike the EB here which sells USED copies of Ninja Gaiden Sigma, Stranglehold Coll. Ed. and more for $60+). That said, EB probably has better deals for the most part right now, because of the Gamedays sale. Plus, it's easier to track their TIVs thanks to the wiki that CAGs have put together.

[quote name='kathos']Yeah but Microplay doesn't have a "trade in 3 and get a game for free", or do they have something similar?[/quote]

Like I said, when it comes to Microplay it's a big time YMMV. I know the one around here has a buy 2 get 1 free on used games with generally very few restrictions. But I know that because of the higher trade values you can get a game out of trading in 3-4 games often.

I used to work at Microplay (about 4 years ago) and sometimes people would ask us to match EBs trade in 3 or 4 get the game free deals. It wasn't uncommon for people to not have to trade in all their games to do so. I don't deals anymore though really. :cry:

But the Square One Microplay is really overpriced. In some cases I'd say it's worst than EB's pricing (which is hard to believe). I've heard the Milton Microplay is decent but I've never been there myself.

On a sidenote, I see why anyone would ever buy a used copy of anything ( short of a deal) at EB. When comparing their prices of new and used it's like $5 for a new copy (if that). I've seen $2 dif b/w new and used.

I will say that when EB does a blow out, they really do a blow out!

Depending on the value of the games, if you have three games worth $8 trade in at EB, then go with them, but if there not worth that, BBV will Trade ANY 4 Next-Gen Games for a new release. I'm not sure if it's still on though, but it's cool to trade in 4 2006 sports games, and get a $60 new game.

They accept any 360, PS3, or Wii game, but double check with your location, only 1/2 in my area does it.

[quote name='KILLER TREKKY']Depending on the value of the games, if you have three games worth $8 trade in at EB, then go with them, but if there not worth that, BBV will Trade ANY 4 Next-Gen Games for a new release. I'm not sure if it's still on though, but it's cool to trade in 4 2006 sports games, and get a $60 new game.

They accept any 360, PS3, or Wii game, but double check with your location, only 1/2 in my area does it.[/quote]

I guess I'd get more bang for my buck at EB then... might just try BBV though for those who don't qualify.

Can I preorder MGS4 LE if I trade games in? Or do I have to pay the difference or something?

Depends on the cost, i got CoD4 LE at EB with the trade in 3, but I think the maximum cost for both is 69.99. EB Games.ca says it's 79.99 for LE
http://www.ebgames.ca/rc_2.asp
So, I am not to sure if it will work. I know I had the option with Mass Effect, to pay the extra if a LE was announced, so I think it depends on location. If it's LE you're looking for, go with EB.

I only use EB if I have 3 games over 8 bucks TIV and they have the promo. BBV is good if you have cheapo "next-gen" titles, I've traded 4 10-20 dollar 360 games for new releases/preorders before.

I usually just call/visit and see who will give me more if I can't qualify for either promo. I prefer BBV because I usually buy new with trades and they give more TIV then EB. I'm not a huge fan of EB's practices when it comes to trade values and gutting copies.

And I've traded tons in at my local BBV and never had issues with having to pay tax unless I don't cover the total cost of the game I'm trading for.

[quote name='darkandlong']I only use EB if I have 3 games over 8 bucks TIV and they have the promo. BBV is good if you have cheapo "next-gen" titles, I've traded 4 10-20 dollar 360 games for new releases/preorders before.

I usually just call/visit and see who will give me more if I can't qualify for either promo. I prefer BBV because I usually buy new with trades and they give more TIV then EB. I'm not a huge fan of EB's practices when it comes to trade values and gutting copies.

And I've traded tons in at my local BBV and never had issues with having to pay tax unless I don't cover the total cost of the game I'm trading for.[/quote]

Wait, so what does EB do that's so wrong (also what's "gutted" mean?)? I've been going there for a little bit and the one I go to is pretty cool.

[quote name='kathos']Wait, so what does EB do that's so wrong (also what's "gutted" mean?)? I've been going there for a little bit and the one I go to is pretty cool.[/quote]
Gutted = those display boxes with tons of stickers on them. People dislike that they sell them without an open box discount and expect you to pay full price.

At my EB, they have the plastic covered ones behind the counter, I usually ask for one of those if I'm buying new. Used is impossible though, I've tried everything from blowdrying, to oil to get those stickers off, and they don't do anything but fall apart leaving sticky crap behind that causes it to stick to the other games in my library. Now I buy cases from the big bin my BBV has. They have all the new cases they never use for $.10 each! I buy 2 bucks and transfer the game/sleave.

[quote name='Firestorm']Gutted = those display boxes with tons of stickers on them. People dislike that they sell them without an open box discount and expect you to pay full price.[/quote]

Another reason I hate EB...
heat fun works, spent many a time doing that!

bread's done
Back