Worst Video Game Cover Art

Frankly, all MM2 cover art was assy at best. The PAL version, however, is obviously far worse. I'm not down with the painted dude in a blue (or silver as this one is) suit. Cheesy.

Also, if you cant see the link, right click the link and drag it to your address bar. It will pop up fine then, but you'll wish you'd never seen a MegaMan cover so awful. It may make you claw your eyes out. Be carful.

I vote for Dynamite Duke on Genesis or Strider on Genesis.

How Sega could allow a cool character like Strider be portrayed by a man in purple tights is beyond me.

[quote name='SolinariDotCom']Uh. The original MegaMan box art is far worse than MegaMan 2 PAL..[/quote]

Agreed. I mean it shows the guy with a pistol in his hand for christs sake.

[quote name='SolinariDotCom']Uh. The original MegaMan box art is far worse than MegaMan 2 PAL..[/quote]

And Black Belt for the Master System is worse than both.

edit: I rest my case.

I remember looking through a box of old games and seeing the Megaman catridge, I laughed my ass of at how stupid it looked.

Here you go:

nintendo_es_megaman2_pal.jpg

[quote name='evilmax17']Here you go:

nintendo_es_megaman2_pal.jpg
[/quote]

State of the artt, high resolution graphics. :D

I find that hilarious, but maybe thats cuz I'm a technojunkie dork

It may not be the worst, but I very nearly never played The Guardian Legend due to it's box art. I would always overlook it when it was time to buy or rent games. It has a horrid yellow cover, and the eyes of a giant demon thing looking out of the top of the cover.

It ended up being a great game that I nearly missed. Look it up on eBay and see for yourself.

[quote name='PsyClerk']It may not be the worst, but I very nearly never played The Guardian Legend due to it's box art.[/quote]

Watchatalkingabout? I like that cover.
guardian_legend_boksi.jpg

I know, I know, you mean the US cover
nesguardian%20legend.jpg

any of you guys ever played/seen this game called "mobile light force 2"? the cover art had NOTHING to do with the game itself.
http://bestcovers.tgnetwk.com/images/mobile_light_force_2.jpg
as you can see, you have 3 women in tights firing their guns in any directions in front of them. when the game is about these japanese characters flying around shoooting people, much like one of those games where you fly around shooting things (the genre just escapes me..), much like gradius and raiden. well yeah, the cover art is one of the worst i've seen.
i have that game too, i believe it was 10 dollars at best buys one time, pretty decent for such a hard game.

[quote name='godhatesjustyou']any of you guys ever played/seen this game called "mobile light force 2"? the cover art had NOTHING to do with the game itself.
http://bestcovers.tgnetwk.com/images/mobile_light_force_2.jpg
as you can see, you have 3 women in tights firing their guns in any directions in front of them. when the game is about these japanese characters flying around shoooting people, much like one of those games where you fly around shooting things (the genre just escapes me..), much like gradius and raiden. well yeah, the cover art is one of the worst i've seen.
i have that game too, i believe it was 10 dollars at best buys one time, pretty decent for such a hard game.[/quote]

The best part is that the same cover was on the first Mobile Light Force!

And Dragon Power's box art is pretty bad. I mean they got some guy who looks like he could pass for Chuck Norris as kid Goku.

bread's done
Back