Scott Mclellan tells us what those of us with brains already knew.

Status
Not open for further replies.

pittpizza

CAGiversary!
I'm surprised to not see a thread about this yet.

There is probably a better source but this is from wiki:

McClellan criticized the Bush administration in his 2008 memoir What Happened. ISBN 978-1586485566. . In the book, he accused Bush of "self-deception"[2] and of maintaining a "permanent campaign approach" to governing rather than making the best choices.[3] McClellan stopped short of saying that the president purposely lied about his reasons for invading Iraq, writing that the administration was not "employing out-and-out deception" to make the case for war in 2002,[4] though he did assert the administration relied on an aggressive "political propaganda campaign" instead of truth to sell the Iraq war.[5] His book was also critical of the press corps for being too accepting of the administration's perspective on the Iraq War[3] and of Condoleezza Rice for being "too accommodating" and overly careful about protecting her own reputation.[2]

This made me LMFAO at all the conservatives on CAG. What do you think of this ya dipshits?

Not much discussion because, as you say, he's just saying what we all knew.

I don't think even many conservatives are surprised by it.

its always funny to see everyone just go along the party lines. Its even better when it changes every 12 hours or so and they all change with it, using the same words.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FEL_hndb0kA[/media]

not sure how they are puzzled or shocked since the white house knew about the book for weeks.

so he wrote a book about what people have been talking about for years? ok.....

you do realize that most conservatives are not happy with bush either right?

[quote name='pittpizza'] What do you think of this ya dipshits?[/QUOTE]

classy.

4,000+ lives thrown away over the past eight years, 2 failed wars, several natural disasters ignored, countless numbers of war crimes and other bullshit, and every mother fucker in the White House who doesn't end up in prison will write a book about it.

Except Bush, he'll write a coloring book, and color in it before shipping it off to the presses.

Seriously though, remember when OJ wrote a book? Imagine that, but one for every douchebag involved in this failed administration.

And every single one of them will repeat the same message: "We knew, and did nothing".

~HotShotX

On the bright side, no major terrorist attacks since 9/11!

But yeah, the OP makes the mistake of equating conservatives to Bush lovers...

[quote name='BigT']On the bright side, no major terrorist attacks since 9/11!

But yeah, the OP makes the mistake of equating conservatives to Bush lovers...[/QUOTE]

How dare he? I mean just because it is indisputably true and cons only tried your line of BS after W became so unpopular (because of his conservative policies as much as anything else.)

[quote name='Msut77']How dare he? I mean just because it is indisputably true and cons only tried your line of BS after W became so unpopular (because of his conservative policies as much as anything else.)[/quote]

What were his conservative policies again?

Tax cuts, right?

Going to war on less than a hunch, huh?

Bush is the epitome of Conservative politics.

Msut is right: now that everyone and thier mom hates him, and his own staff is throwing him under the bus and exposing his failures, they try to distance themselves as much as possible.

Hence: dipshits for supporting the guy, then RE-electing him.

[quote name='pittpizza']Bush is the epitome of Conservative politics.

Msut is right: now that everyone and thier mom hates him, and his own staff is throwing him under the bus and exposing his failures, they try to distance themselves as much as possible.

Hence: dipshits for supporting the guy, then RE-electing him.[/QUOTE]

Reagan was the epitome of conservative politics, you just want it to be Bush to make yourself feel better about yourself.

[quote name='RAMSTORIA']Reagan was the epitome of conservative politics, you just want it to be Bush to make yourself feel better about yourself.[/quote]

Goldwater was the epitome of conservative politics.

[quote name='RAMSTORIA']Reagan was the epitome of conservative politics, you just want it to be Bush to make yourself feel better about yourself.[/QUOTE]

Bush and now McCain are basically Reagan.

It is not a good thing.

[quote name='fatherofcaitlyn']What were his conservative policies again?

Tax cuts, right?

Going to war on less than a hunch, huh?[/QUOTE]

Pretty much, unless we are playing Calvinball Conservative.

What I found most interesting was congress calling for McClellan to testify under oath. If McClellan provides sworn testimony, I'll read his book. Until then, as with most political literature, it's hard to determine the credibility. There's too much money in books to buy everything at face value.

[quote name='Koggit']What I found most interesting was congress calling for McClellan to testify under oath. If McClellan provides sworn testimony, I'll read his book. Until then, as with most political literature, it's hard to determine the credibility. There's too much money in books to buy everything at face value.[/QUOTE]

By all means continue to believe Bush and his few remaining handfast men it has worked so well for all our fellow Americans these past few years.

[quote name='Msut77']Bush and now McCain are basically Reagan.

It is not a good thing.[/quote]

I see differences between Bush and McCain. In fact, those two have feuded a number of times over policy..

[quote name='Xevious']I see differences between Bush and McCain. In fact, those two have feuded a number of times over policy..[/QUOTE]

In the past few years not so much, if this was 2000-2004 McCain you might have a leg to stand on.

[quote name='Msut77']By all means continue to believe Bush and his few remaining handfast men it has worked so well for all our fellow Americans these past few years.[/QUOTE]

When did I say I believe Bush? Typical closed-minded partisan thought.

You must not be familiar with my posts. I have beliefs (which are against the Bush administration) but withhold conviction until facts are available. I can be critical of Bush and skeptical of McClellan without contradiction.

[quote name='Msut77']Bush and now McCain are basically Reagan.

It is not a good thing.[/QUOTE]

If you believe that you're either ignorant, an idiot, or both.

[quote name='Koggit']When did I say I believe Bush? Typical closed-minded partisan thought.

You must not be familiar with my posts. I have beliefs (which are against the Bush administration) but withhold conviction until facts are available. I can be critical of Bush and skeptical of McClellan without contradiction.[/QUOTE]

Pretty much everything McClellan has said is fact, that is the reason behind pitts no shit sherlock attitude. McClellan basically is offering an insiders view and possibly yet another level of confirmation.

[quote name='RAMSTORIA']If you believe that you're either ignorant, an idiot, or both.[/QUOTE]

I believe things that are true, you are obviously a moron.

Bush isn't a conservative. Neither is McCain. How do I know this? The Federal Budget tells all.

Do you know anything about what the budget looked like under Reagan?

That goes for Ramstoria as well.

[quote name='Msut77']I believe things that are true, you are obviously a moron.

Do you know anything about what the budget looked like under Reagan?

That goes for Ramstoria as well.[/QUOTE]

and clintons budget was bigger than reagans and bush sr. i guess that makes slick willie as conservative the same as them, right?

[quote name='Msut77']Pretty much, unless we are playing Calvinball Conservative.[/quote]

Tax cuts? Sure, that's conservative.

Alito and Roberts as Supreme Court judges? Yes.

Harriet Miers? No.

Pointless war based on cherry picked intelligence? Ehn, not so much.

No Child Left Behind? No.

Prescription drug coverage? No.

Bribes ... er, I mean ... Stimulus checks directly to taxpayer? No.

Trying to pick fights with countries we can't beat? No.

Lack of any dynamic ideas for the future? No.

[quote name='RAMSTORIA']and clintons budget was bigger than reagans and bush sr. i guess that makes slick willie as conservative the same as them, right?[/QUOTE]

I will give you a hint, look at their respective deficits and national debt.

No one's saying they were more liberal in their spending than Clinton and other democrats. Just that the "conservative" presidents of recent time really don't spend like conservatives.

They tax like conservatives and spend more like liberals (but not as extreme) hence large budget deficits.

[quote name='fatherofcaitlyn']Tax cuts? Sure, that's conservative.

Alito and Roberts as Supreme Court judges? Yes.

Harriet Miers? No.

Pointless war based on cherry picked intelligence? Ehn, not so much.

No Child Left Behind? No.

Prescription drug coverage? No.

Bribes ... er, I mean ... Stimulus checks directly to taxpayer? No.

Trying to pick fights with countries we can't beat? No.

Lack of any dynamic ideas for the future? No.[/QUOTE]

If you are talking Pre-Reagan (or Pre-pre-Reagan) for most of those maybe otherwise no.

[quote name='dmaul1114']No one's saying they were more liberal in their spending than Clinton and other democrats. Just that the "conservative" presidents of recent time really don't spend like conservatives.

They tax like conservatives and spend more like liberals (but not as extreme) hence large budget deficits.[/QUOTE]

I do not want resort to slogans but it is fair to say cons are borrow and spend instead of tax and spend. I think we are the only civilization ever to cut taxes during a war.

[quote name='pittpizza']Bush is the epitome of Conservative politics. [/quote]

PP has never been more wrong than with this statement.

But he needs to believe and promote this idea, because the faction he's aligned himself demands it. Basically, if PP disagrees with someone, then everything they do must be conservative.

I can't count on one hand policies or actions that Bush has done in his 8 years that are indicative of conservative politics.

[quote name='camoor']Goldwater was the epitome of conservative politics.[/QUOTE]

I would say that's closer to the truth.

I want broly, thrust and ram to know that they will never be able to get the blood off your hands or get rid of the stench.

You guys are several years too late and you end up looking even more pathetic and dishonest (if that is even possible).

[quote name='Msut77']I want broly, thrust and ram to know that they will never be able to get the blood off your hands or get rid of the stench.

You guys are several years too late and you end up looking even more pathetic and dishonest (if that is even possible).[/QUOTE]

This makes me laugh. You seem to assume that I voted for Bush in the past two elections, based off me saying that Bush is not the epitome of conservative. You probably would assume I'm a registered Republican, too. But go ahead and think what you well. I mean, it's not like any democrats or liberals voted for the Iraq war (and continue to approve the budgets).

[quote name='RAMSTORIA']This makes me laugh. You seem to assume that I voted for Bush in the past two elections, based off me saying that Bush is not the epitome of conservative. You probably would assume I'm a registered Republican, too. But go ahead and think what you well. I mean, it's not like any democrats or liberals voted for the Iraq war (and continue to approve the budgets).[/QUOTE]

So far we have for the benchmark for Conservatives a person who was President nearly a generation ago or a guy who reached his apex of political power nearly a lifetime ago.

As I said before W and McCain are not far apart at all in relation to being like Reagan. Those saying otherwise are cretins like LowOil with a thin veneer of literacy.

[quote name='Msut77']So far we have for the benchmark for Conservatives a person who was President nearly a generation ago or a guy who reached his apex of political power nearly a lifetime ago.

As I said before W and McCain are not far apart at all in relation to being like Reagan. Those saying otherwise are cretins like LowOil with a thin veneer of literacy.[/QUOTE]

I'm not going to try and argue that W & McCain aren't like Reagan, because they are, to an extent.

But they certainly aren't the same as Reagan. I would think that Reagan is much more popular among most conservatives when it comes to past Republican presidents (and potential future ones).

And to clarify my statement earlier... when I said Reagan was the epitome of conservative, I simply meant as far as Presidents are concerned. Not all conservatives in general.

RAMSTORIA,
You waste your time arguing with someone that would try to tell you that you have "Blood on your hands" for simply not believing Bush is an example of a conservative. That should tell you right now how far off his rocker he is. That's why most of us have him on ignore.

People like Msut, and his comrades, simply don't get it. They actually think war is a "conservative ideal". That's how far off-base their dailykos fed ideology is.

Conservatism, for most people that consider themselves conservative, simply believe in three basic things:

Small government
Non-intrusive government
Fiscal responsibility

It's clear to anyone with a brain that we've had few politicians that adhere to that, and arguably no president in our lifetime.

George W Bush failed on all three of those. He didn't just fail, he went the complete opposite direction. So HE IS NOT CONSERVATIVE!!!! Get it through your skulls, koolaid drinkers: George W. Bush is not a conservative by any stretch of the imagination!

And you are right, many people will try to label you. Conservative, or Liberal, in order to pigeonhole you so they can argue with you. I don't consider myself a Conservative, but I admit I have conservative leanings. I'm far more libertarian than conservative.

Look here you wormy mothafuckers, if Obama gets elected, and 8 years later the country is even worse off than it is now, I'm not gonna sit here and tell you "Well Obama isn't really a democrat/liberal."

You won, and the country went to shit.

Man up and take your fuckin medicine. Admit defeat: your horse won the race but ruined the sport, and now you want to claim that it was never your horse in the first place. Have some fuckin balls and at least have the decency to own up to your party's failures, which are massive.

How many more Scott Mclellans do you need before you get the point, which is that Bush sucks ass.

[quote name='pittpizza']Look here you wormy mothafuckers, if Obama gets elected, and 8 years later the country is even worse off than it is now, I'm not gonna sit here and tell you "Well Obama isn't really a democrat/liberal."

[/QUOTE]

You would if he went against what traditional Liberalism stands for.

Man up and take your fuckin medicine. Admit defeat: your horse won the race but ruined the sport, and now you want to claim that it was never your horse in the first place. Have some fuckin balls and at least have the decency to own up to your party's failures, which are massive.

Not my horse, not my party.

How many more Scott Mclellans do you need before you get the point, which is that Bush sucks ass.

Again, Scott Mclellans voice is nothing new.

[quote name='pittpizza']
How many more Scott Mclellans do you need before you get the point, which is that Bush sucks ass.[/quote]

Nobody is disputing that.

The dispute is over conservatism as a failed ideology.

If conservatism has roots in libertarianism's belief of smaller and more responsible government, it certainly hasn't been in power the last 8 years.

If conservatism is a different approach to a large government controlling your life, it has had 8 years to demonstrate its crappiness.

The Republicans screwed the pooch over the last 8 years. They showed themselves to be as frivolous as the Democrats they criticized for so long.

November is going to be a bloodbath.

If McCain wins by the grace of Diebold, he'll be a lame duck based on the Congress' composition.

[quote name='fatherofcaitlyn']

The dispute is over conservatism as a failed ideology.

[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't say that's the dispute, so much as Bush's failure as a conservative.

But Bush was NEVER a traditional conservative. If he was, we wouldn't have an enormous federal government, rampant spending, and a foolish war in Iraq.

"Neoconservatism" is a Frankenstein monster of bad governance, borrowing every bad policy from the Democratic and Republican parties.

[quote name='dopa345']Bush isn't even a conservative.[/QUOTE]

That is correct. He's a "Neo"Conservative. NeoConservatives have less in common with conservatives than Liberals do with Marxists.

But there are a couple people around here that refuse to acknowledge this fact and parade around as if Bush is the ultimate example of conservative ideology, when he's the furthest from it.

[quote name='pittpizza']Look here you wormy mothafuckers, if Obama gets elected, and 8 years later the country is even worse off than it is now, I'm not gonna sit here and tell you "Well Obama isn't really a democrat/liberal."

How many more Scott Mclellans do you need before you get the point, which is that Bush sucks ass.[/QUOTE]

After all this time, this guy still operates under the simplified understanding that presidential elections are some how akin to placing bets at horse races.

Not only that, but he still continues to assume that anyone not humping the graven image of Barry Obama, is a Bush supporter and a Republican.

Ah, how nice it would be to live in such a simple black and white world.....

[quote name='dopa345']Bush isn't even a conservative.[/quote]

Oh sure he isn't.

Now that the country is in an un-endable war.

Now that the economy is going to shit.

Now that the people of this country can't afford to fill their cars up with gas.

Now that the people's civil rights and privacy have been abridged.

Now that the national debt is bigger than it has ever been.

Now that economic inequality is extending faster than Clinton's (Bill's) dick.

NOW, he is not a conservative. Sure.

Nice timing.

How convenient.

Like I said: Man up you bitches and take your medicine. I guess not only are the republicans/conservatives stupid as shit, but they're disloyal too. They jump ship when things are not going well, like rats.

Again, if a democrat/liberal gets in the white house, and things take a turn for the (even) worse, I won't be a lil' bitch and try to claim that he was never a democrat/liberal in the first place.

Your backpeddling disgusts me.

Learn to read, Pitt Pizza, you stupid piece of shit:

[quote name='thrustbucket']Conservatism, for most people that consider themselves conservative, simply believe in three basic things:

Small government
Non-intrusive government
Fiscal responsibility

It's clear to anyone with a brain that we've had few politicians that adhere to that, and arguably no president in our lifetime.

George W Bush failed on all three of those. He didn't just fail, he went the complete opposite direction. So HE IS NOT CONSERVATIVE!!!! Get it through your skulls, koolaid drinkers: George W. Bush is not a conservative by any stretch of the imagination![/QUOTE]

[quote name='fatherofcaitlyn']If conservatism has roots in libertarianism's belief of smaller and more responsible government, it certainly hasn't been in power the last 8 years.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Liquid 2']Learn to read, Pitt Pizza, you stupid piece of shit:[/quote]

Awww whats the matter liquid? Did I strike a nerve with that last post??? I LMFAO at your reaction.

First of all, I stopped reading thrusts' bile a while ago, so yeah, please refrain from quoting him for all of our sakes.

Second, Bush is a conservative republican no matter how you look at it. I understand your attempts to label/paint him as something different since the policies espoused thereunder failed so miserably. I really do. I almost feel sorry for republicans/conservatives for failing and falling so far and so hard. ALMOST.

BTW, those three things (small gov, non intrusive, fiscal respons) would characterize democrats/liberals more appropriately than the repubs/conservs, so you're bolstering my point at the expense of yours: which I repeat again: Bush sucks ass.

It's easy when one fails to try to say "well thats not really what I meant" or "well that isn't really what I voted for" but guess what, it was what you voted for. It just didn't turn out that well for you or your party or your poltical affiliations.

So once again, I empathize with your attempts to differentiate your failures from your beliefs. I really do. Still, you may want to try them on someone as stupid as those that re-elected bush (also known as conservatives/republicans).

Who is the stupid peices of shit now sucka?

[quote name='pittpizza']Oh sure he isn't.

Now that the country is in an un-endable war.

Now that the economy is going to shit.

Now that the people of this country can't afford to fill their cars up with gas.

Now that the people's civil rights and privacy have been abridged.

Now that the national debt is bigger than it has ever been.

Now that economic inequality is extending faster than Clinton's (Bill's) dick.

NOW, he is not a conservative. Sure.

Nice timing.

How convenient.

Like I said: Man up you bitches and take your medicine. I guess not only are the republicans/conservatives stupid as shit, but they're disloyal too. They jump ship when things are not going well, like rats.

Again, if a democrat/liberal gets in the white house, and things take a turn for the (even) worse, I won't be a lil' bitch and try to claim that he was never a democrat/liberal in the first place.

Your backpeddling disgusts me.[/QUOTE]

unbelievable

[quote name='pittpizza']Awww whats the matter liquid? Did I strike a nerve with that last post??? I LMFAO at your reaction.

First of all, I stopped reading thrusts' bile a while ago, so yeah, please refrain from quoting him for all of our sakes.

Second, Bush is a conservative republican no matter how you look at it. I understand your attempts to label/paint him as something different since the policies espoused thereunder failed so miserably. I really do. I almost feel sorry for republicans/conservatives for failing and falling so far and so hard. ALMOST.

BTW, those three things (small gov, non intrusive, fiscal respons) would characterize democrats/liberals more appropriately than the repubs/conservs, so you're bolstering my point at the expense of yours: which I repeat again: Bush sucks ass.

It's easy when one fails to try to say "well thats not really what I meant" or "well that isn't really what I voted for" but guess what, it was what you voted for. It just didn't turn out that well for you or your party or your poltical affiliations.

So once again, I empathize with your attempts to differentiate your failures from your beliefs. I really do. Still, you may want to try them on someone as stupid as those that re-elected bush (also known as conservatives/republicans).

Who is the stupid peices of shit now sucka?[/QUOTE]

absolutely unbelievable...

Let's take this step-by-step, shall we?

[quote name='pittpizza']Second, Bush is a conservative republican no matter how you look at it. I understand your attempts to label/paint him as something different since the policies espoused thereunder failed so miserably. I really do. I almost feel sorry for republicans/conservatives for failing and falling so far and so hard. ALMOST.[/QUOTE]Why Bush isn't conservative: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?p=4452333#post4452333

That entire post just about summed it up.

[quote name='pittpizza']BTW, those three things (small gov, non intrusive, fiscal respons) would characterize democrats/liberals more appropriately than the repubs/conservs, so you're bolstering my point at the expense of yours: which I repeat again: Bush sucks ass. [/QUOTE]Ahahahahahahahaha.

Not even going to address this. I can't believe I'm arguing with you when you don't even know what the side you're on is all about.

[quote name='pittpizza']It's easy when one fails to try to say "well thats not really what I meant" or "well that isn't really what I voted for" but guess what, it was what you voted for. It just didn't turn out that well for you or your party or your poltical affiliations. [/QUOTE]I like how you assume that I have ever supported Bush, based on...absolutely nothing more than me telling you you're an idiot.

[quote name='pittpizza']Who is the stupid peices of shit now sucka?[/QUOTE]I think that's rather self-evident, don't you? :cool:

I can't wait to see how deep you'll shove you foot into your mouth with your reply.

[quote name='RAMSTORIA']I'm not going to try and argue that W & McCain aren't like Reagan, because they are, to an extent. But they certainly aren't the same as Reagan.[/QUOTE]

In every important way and when it comes to practically everything that can be considered policy W and McCain are extremely close to Reagan.

The perception of how popular Reagan is/was is not really being argued here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back