- - - - -

Fallout 3: Amazon.com Exclusive Survival Edition [Back in stock]

#241 jernau   Player of Games CAGiversary!   481 Posts   Joined 17.0 Years Ago  

Posted 30 October 2008 - 12:17 AM

I think a lot of people are still waiting for their copy. From the initial pics, it doesn't look high quality. I'm sure a CAGer will post a whole slew of pictures for it with descriptions.

None of my clock bits broke while assembling it, although the little base support pieces are pretty flimsy, as is the method of "resting" the clock on the stand. Also, the hinge doesn't seem secure enough for the clock to be securely worn without fear of it falling off. I was pleasantly surprised that they actually included the 3 AA batteries, but yes, an alarm or some other sort of sound effect would have been nice.

#242 JohnnyDrama   VICTORY!!!! CAGiversary!   2862 Posts   Joined 19.0 Years Ago  

JohnnyDrama

Posted 30 October 2008 - 12:21 AM

I kinda thought that the cover of the CE would be different than the regular edition, oh well, still waiting on my SE.

#243 prateeko   IN THE BUTT! CAGiversary!   3109 Posts   Joined 18.1 Years Ago  

Posted 30 October 2008 - 12:34 AM

Don't complain guys, you could have been screwed over by Amazon and never gotten anything at all :(

#244 opportunity777   Disco Fever CAGiversary!   5248 Posts   Joined 18.9 Years Ago  

opportunity777

Posted 30 October 2008 - 02:54 AM

Thanks to slicknick27 and splintercell for the pics.

Don't complain guys, you could have been screwed over by Amazon and never gotten anything at all :(

IDK; you might have gotten off easy.

The "special packaging" looks like crap, and the clock has no other functions. Plus, the clock doesn't look too hot. It has no nifty lights, sounds or other ridiculous "normal child-like" toy behaviors that could have made it cool.

The only negative thing for you is this: you couldn't snag one to resell. Sorry.

#245 Draccius   I heart Beta Rays! CAGiversary!   339 Posts   Joined 19.2 Years Ago  

Posted 30 October 2008 - 02:59 AM

Yeah, the clock is pretty disappointing. And to boot, mine is defective - the stand is missing the support prongs. So, now I have to figure out who to contact to complain about that... I might not bother and rig it myself or something. Not worth $40, though.

#246 prateeko   IN THE BUTT! CAGiversary!   3109 Posts   Joined 18.1 Years Ago  

Posted 30 October 2008 - 03:30 AM

Thanks to slicknick27 and splintercell for the pics.

IDK; you might have gotten off easy.

The "special packaging" looks like crap, and the clock has no other functions. Plus, the clock doesn't look too hot. It has no nifty lights, sounds or other ridiculous "normal child-like" toy behaviors that could have made it cool.

The only negative thing for you is this: you couldn't snag one to resell. Sorry.

I'm not a reseller, just a pissed off/screwed over fan. No need to be a presumptive ass...

#247 xGunCrazyx  

Posted 30 October 2008 - 03:43 AM

I'm glad I canceled my pre-order a few weeks ago
What a piece of crap lol
I'll be grabbing the LE here in the next week or so though :)

#248 opportunity777   Disco Fever CAGiversary!   5248 Posts   Joined 18.9 Years Ago  

opportunity777

Posted 30 October 2008 - 04:40 AM

I'm not a reseller, just a pissed off/screwed over fan. No need to be a presumptive ass...

Actually, I wasn't being that way. :roll:

I don't even know how you got that from my post, but whatever. If it makes you feel better. :-P

#249 prateeko   IN THE BUTT! CAGiversary!   3109 Posts   Joined 18.1 Years Ago  

Posted 30 October 2008 - 04:47 AM

Sorry, I thought you were implying I only want it to sell on eBay, which I took offense to since I hate scalpers...I know the clock and whatnot isn't that great but I'm pissed at Amazon for showing me the post-order page and then screwing me over with a big fat serving of nothing.

#250 opportunity777   Disco Fever CAGiversary!   5248 Posts   Joined 18.9 Years Ago  

opportunity777

Posted 30 October 2008 - 04:49 AM

Sorry, I thought you were implying I only want it to sell on eBay, which I took offense to since I hate scalpers...I know the clock and whatnot isn't that great but I'm pissed at Amazon for showing me the post-order page and then screwing me over with a big fat serving of nothing.

I'm sure you have called and complained like crazy, so it is surprising you weren't compensated in some way.

I have only dealt with them on the phone a half dozen times over the years, and they have always been pretty decent about making things right.

Also, keep an eye on this thread. Some of these LE's come back in stock for a short period of time.

#251 prateeko   IN THE BUTT! CAGiversary!   3109 Posts   Joined 18.1 Years Ago  

Posted 30 October 2008 - 05:57 AM

I called 3 times, the first 2 calls mysteriously ended. I sent an email to their executive customer service 2-3 days ago but have yet to hear anything. I'm hoping people refuse delivery and a few pop back up...but yeah, I'm watching this thread liek a hawk.

#252 MrDiamondJ   Empire State of Mind CAGiversary!   453 Posts   Joined 16.5 Years Ago  

MrDiamondJ

Posted 31 October 2008 - 07:01 PM

For those that have the clock, is there some trick to setting the time on the thing? You supposedly click the left button to start setting the time, but on mine that does nothing.

#253 jernau   Player of Games CAGiversary!   481 Posts   Joined 17.0 Years Ago  

Posted 31 October 2008 - 07:31 PM

For those that have the clock, is there some trick to setting the time on the thing? You supposedly click the left button to start setting the time, but on mine that does nothing.

I think I just followed whatever the directions said: either press or hold the first button to start setting/switch sections/end setting and then use the other two buttons to change the time.

#254 MrDiamondJ   Empire State of Mind CAGiversary!   453 Posts   Joined 16.5 Years Ago  

MrDiamondJ

Posted 31 October 2008 - 10:29 PM

Let me rephrase the question: If you click the left ("Stats") button once, should something start flashing immediately?

#255 jernau   Player of Games CAGiversary!   481 Posts   Joined 17.0 Years Ago  

Posted 31 October 2008 - 11:33 PM

Let me rephrase the question: If you click the left ("Stats") button once, should something start flashing immediately?

Just tried. Each time I click the left button, the button itself flashed red, and then:
click #1 - hours flash
click #2 - minutes flash
click #3 - exits setting mode, nothing flashes

Edited by splintercell, 01 November 2008 - 01:43 AM.
tired, can't spell

#256 MrDiamondJ   Empire State of Mind CAGiversary!   453 Posts   Joined 16.5 Years Ago  

MrDiamondJ

Posted 01 November 2008 - 01:21 AM

Yup, mine's broken then. The only button that flashes red for me is the middle one. The left button and right button do nothing; they don't even light up.

Of course, Amazon has to replace the entire set, so they're sending me out a new package and I have to ship my entire set back in.

Thanks for the help, splintercell!

#257 prateeko   IN THE BUTT! CAGiversary!   3109 Posts   Joined 18.1 Years Ago  

Posted 01 November 2008 - 01:48 AM

Wait, they have replacement to ship out? I remember another user (dealer?) was told they ran out and was issued a refund because FedEx left his package in an apartment complex and it was stolen...

#258 MrDiamondJ   Empire State of Mind CAGiversary!   453 Posts   Joined 16.5 Years Ago  

MrDiamondJ

Posted 01 November 2008 - 03:52 AM

Did it come directly from Amazon? I'm sure they keep a few on the side for cases like mine.

#259 prateeko   IN THE BUTT! CAGiversary!   3109 Posts   Joined 18.1 Years Ago  

Posted 01 November 2008 - 04:38 AM

Dealer had his stolen off his door in an apartment complex because FedEx didn't bother to get a signature and today he was offered a refund in place of a refund because they were out of stock.

Me, on the other hand, I just got screwed out of it. I placed the order on Friday (got the screen telling me an order number/confirmation were being sent to my email as I left my house to grab dinner with friends) and when I checked on Sunday there was no order number anywhere. I called them but got no luck (2 mysteriously disconnected calls) and even though I managed to get it into my cart yesterday when I hit checkout it said "Unavailable"

So when I saw you had a replacement order filled I called again with hope that they may be able to tap into that one but the guy told me he can't give a replacement for it and his supervisor just told me it didn't exist (not sure if she's lying or not - if you call I guess you could have the rep check since you actually ordered it, I'd love to know if she lied to me) and basically told me to piss off.

VERY disappointing experience with Amazon. I mean, all I want to do is buy the damn (overpriced :p) game and they won't let me do that!

#260 MrDiamondJ   Empire State of Mind CAGiversary!   453 Posts   Joined 16.5 Years Ago  

MrDiamondJ

Posted 01 November 2008 - 04:51 AM

Well, they told me they'd send me out a replacement, so I'll let you know what shows up at my door. They're pretty quick with replacement stuff like this, so I should be getting it next Tuesday or Wednesday.

I've had a similar issue happen to me before (I bought one of the Lord of the Rings DVD releases with a figurine, and one if its hands was broken off) and they replaced it with no problem. This is a much more limited release, obviously.

I'll keep you posted, prateeko.

#261 prateeko   IN THE BUTT! CAGiversary!   3109 Posts   Joined 18.1 Years Ago  

Posted 01 November 2008 - 05:46 AM

Thanks man, but if they're sending you a replacement you should get an email confirmation since they make a new order (in the event you don't send the broken one back so they can bill you again).

#262 munkapotamus   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   178 Posts   Joined 15.8 Years Ago  

munkapotamus

Posted 01 November 2008 - 07:45 AM

i'm glad i elected to get CE instead of SE. Amazon is a bastard sometimes.

Also, to those who've been screwed/denied customer service. Always ALWAYS ask for a supervisor, or ask to have your situation elevated. If they fail to do that, or the supervisor does nothing; hit up their Cust Service email system. I got a callback from a higher manager than the phonebank supervisor, and they hooked up the 10$ credit for product that had it's shipdate pushed back for over 3 months (not a single push, many 4-10 day pushes over and over).

ps. When all else fails, hit up the consumerist and post your story. the site is good for laughs, and if your story of consumer denial is featured, companies will often try to remedy your situation immediately so that you can put the update that your situation has been resolved.

#263 MrDiamondJ   Empire State of Mind CAGiversary!   453 Posts   Joined 16.5 Years Ago  

MrDiamondJ

Posted 01 November 2008 - 04:17 PM

I'm not expecting anything to happen over the weekend, so we'll see what comes of it. And I finally figured out what's wrong with my clock - Button #1 doesn't work. Button #2 and #3 light up fine (and likely work properly), but Button #1 is dead as a doornail. Of course, that's key because it's the one that lets you set the time.

Edited by silks, 01 November 2008 - 04:18 PM.
Added extra comment.

#264 Collectorguy00   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   659 Posts   Joined 14.4 Years Ago  

Collectorguy00

Posted 01 November 2008 - 05:14 PM

Mine shipped yesterday and should be here by the Nov. 5th!!!!

#265 ryanmassacre   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   283 Posts   Joined 15.1 Years Ago  

ryanmassacre

Posted 01 November 2008 - 05:21 PM

jsut got mine today ive been emailing them back and forth how upset ive been with it shipping on nov. 3 so i guess then got the point and shipped it yesterday and it got her today :)

#266 prateeko   IN THE BUTT! CAGiversary!   3109 Posts   Joined 18.1 Years Ago  

Posted 01 November 2008 - 05:45 PM

Fuck Amazon. All this talk about delivered product angers me since I should be among you!

#267 Haggar   Mayor of Metro City CAGiversary!   1357 Posts   Joined 18.1 Years Ago  

Posted 01 November 2008 - 05:59 PM

Mailman just dropped off my Survival Edition, opened it up and everything looks fine. The clock is pretty cool. Off to play!

#268 yukafls   Boss CAGiversary!   4105 Posts   Joined 16.5 Years Ago  

Posted 01 November 2008 - 06:26 PM

Man I would kill for one of the clocks if anyone is gonna resell theirs

#269 ryanmassacre   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   283 Posts   Joined 15.1 Years Ago  

ryanmassacre

Posted 01 November 2008 - 06:47 PM

Fuck Amazon. All this talk about delivered product angers me since I should be among you!

im not writing this to make you mad, i feel bad and it sucks that you werent able to get yours but you have to take into consideration that i had this pre ordered since june and its crap that i have to wait 3 days for it to ship!!! i feel bad and it sucks that you werent able to get yours

#270 imacgod   Narf! CAGiversary!   1814 Posts   Joined 16.0 Years Ago  

Posted 01 November 2008 - 07:11 PM

Still waiting for mine to ship *sigh*. Partially my fault because I used a credit card that had already hit its limit... :(