Haze $39.99 at GS/Amazon/Best Buy

breakingcustoms

CAGiversary!
Feedback
48 (100%)
I feel bad for whoever rushed out to buy this day one. Although I think they would still be able to get cash back since it dropped so fast...

[quote name='boatboy1']I think this is a record in price dropping. Way to over hype a crappy game![/quote]

Beowulf has the record, it dropped from $59.99 to $19.99 in mere WEEKS!

[quote name='bearcatjosh']IGN's review killed this game at retail.[/quote]

Seriously. It's a shame too because the games actually not that bad. Worth 60 probably not. At 40 I'd have to say probably.

EDIT: I've actually played the game and beaten it.

Haze was too hyped. After watching the gameplay trailers, I knew it would not make a AAA or high scoring title. I guess I'm in the boat with the 20 dollar price mark. Is it even worth that price?

[quote name='NismoZZzz']Beowulf has the record, it dropped from $59.99 to $19.99 in mere WEEKS![/quote]

I bet Haze won't be too far behind. I really see this hitting $20 by the end of summer.

I'll be getting it then.

I'm thinking about buying the game, beating it quickly (spend a weekend passing the game), and then reselling it on Ebay ASAP. I did the same for Dark Sector and it only cost me $1 overall hehe. Cheaper than a rental!

[quote name='doraemonkerpal']I'm thinking about buying the game, beating it quickly (spend a weekend passing the game), and then reselling it on Ebay ASAP. I did the same for Dark Sector and it only cost me $1 overall hehe. Cheaper than a rental![/quote]

Or you could just rent it (somewhere other than blockbuster).

[quote name='doraemonkerpal']I'm thinking about buying the game, beating it quickly (spend a weekend passing the game), and then reselling it on Ebay ASAP. I did the same for Dark Sector and it only cost me $1 overall hehe. Cheaper than a rental![/quote]

Yeah guy above knows. Ebay prices are in the mid 30's to low 40's. You might be lucky but you also might be out 10 or so bucks.

Wow, this game is dropping fast. Based on the reviews, it may even be a questionable purchase by the time it hits $20 next month.

[quote name='StrandedBrit']Yeah guy above knows. Ebay prices are in the mid 30's to low 40's. You might be lucky but you also might be out 10 or so bucks.[/quote]

In that case, I think I'll wait for a friend to buy the game and borrow it :lol:

[quote name='Nathan_Sama']so much for sony's "halo killer"[/QUOTE]

I don't think they hyped it as such. Isn't that what Killzone 2 is supposed to be? Of course, I suspect that won't be great as well since it is allegedly ready to go but delayed until February 2009 because of the upcoming Resistance 2 launch.

Hahaha, my first thought when I saw this thread was, "I'll only buy Haze when it hits $20". Guess I wasn't alone.

Lair is also in this category for me. I've actually seen Lair marked down to $29.99 at my local Target, but I just can't justify paying that much for a game that only mildly intrigues me.

It's not that fast of a drop. Keep in mind both COD4 and Assassins Creed went on sale for $37.99 not even a month after their releases.

Also the fact that Haze is an Ubisoft game means that no matter how well it sold it would drop in price fast.

[quote name='silks']Hahaha, my first thought when I saw this thread was, "I'll only buy Haze when it hits $20". Guess I wasn't alone.

Lair is also in this category for me. I've actually seen Lair marked down to $29.99 at my local Target, but I just can't justify paying that much for a game that only mildly intrigues me.[/quote]

Same here $20 is the magic number, as with Timeshift which I just picked up. Dark Sector I will probably go as high as $30 on. Oddly enough Lair doesnt seem to be dropping like other titles have. Possibly because the stock isnt as high so there is no reason to have a fire sale, just keep slowly milking it. Plus its a unique game, even if rated poorly, and not just generic FPS #XX.

I rented it the week it came out...

6/10
Graphics are very average, maybe even sub-par. The controls are smooth, the gameplay is annoying in the first half of the game. Your teammates will turn red and start shooting randomly or firing on you even. You also have these annoying "nectar disruptions" in which your screen goes fuzzy and black & white and you have a hard time controlling your guy....very annoying. When you switch sides (sorry I'm assuming everybody knows about this, they never kept it a secret) the game is much more enjoyable. You use tactics such as planting grenades in the dirt (to use as a mine), and play dead (since the nectar guys can only see living people--doesn't really make sense but anyway...). The story is probably the best part which is sad cause its nothing great by a long stretch. Its also very short, pretty sure I finished it in about 8 hours included the times I died.

What? A Ubisoft game dropping in price mere weeks after being released? NO WAY.

Seriously. I've stopped buying any and all Ubisoft games until 1-2 months after release. They do this with nearly every single title they put out, good or bad.

[quote name='whoknows']It's not that fast of a drop. Keep in mind both COD4 and Assassins Creed went on sale for $37.99 not even a month after their releases.

[/quote]

Haze came out on May 21. It is June 6. You do the math. That is a very fast price drop. CoD4 and AC both went on sale during the HOLIDAYS.

[quote name='bojay1997']Isn't that what Killzone 2 is supposed to be?[/QUOTE] Sony has been playing down the "halo killer" angle on Killzone 2 ever since shortly after the E3 target video all those years ago.

[quote name='silks']Hahaha, my first thought when I saw this thread was, "I'll only buy Haze when it hits $20". Guess I wasn't alone.

Lair is also in this category for me. I've actually seen Lair marked down to $29.99 at my local Target, but I just can't justify paying that much for a game that only mildly intrigues me.[/quote]

around DE Targets, Lair is at $15

[quote name='StrandedBrit']Seriously. It's a shame too because the games actually not that bad. Worth 60 probably not. At 40 I'd have to say probably.

EDIT: I've actually played the game and beaten it.[/quote]

Finally, someone agrees with me- this game isn't Two Worlds, they under-scored it. It's more of a 7.5, it's definitely better than TimeShift.

The HOLIDAYS was the major factor in the sale price for COD4 that only lasted a week or so and was meant to get foot traffic in the stores.

I actually want this game but will wait until it hits $9.99 like we all know it will. Probably around black friday or perhaps sooner!

I rented this from Gamefly and couldn't stand it, in large part because the cutscenes and voice acting are among the worst of all time. With gameplay that is average to below average and graphics that are weak, that doesn't add up to a very fun time. It might be all right if you own only a PS3, but in a world filled with FPS this is not worth $40. The multiplayer isn't very good either.

[quote name='Unickuta']Finally, someone agrees with me- this game isn't Two Worlds, they under-scored it. It's more of a 7.5, it's definitely better than TimeShift.[/quote]

Totally agree. I mean if you look at gamerankings supposedly this game is tons worse than stuff like FEAR and Jericho, which it is not. I'd say it was on par with a Dark Sector.

Judging from the demo, this game seems OK. It's a third-party FPS game so I don't expect much (there's only one Infinity Ward, after all). I think the backlash against it was probably a little unjustified; there's a lot of Free Radical fans out there, and since this wasn't nearly as good as any of their TimeSplitters games they were bound to get overkilled on the reviews.

Come on, $20 price point...

On par with Jericho? Maybe, that game totally blows, but being on par with Timeshift or FEAR I think not.

Mostly the graphics suck, fighting for the Mantal (nectar guys) is super annoying, and the game is short. It really stings when GTA IV and MGS 4 and Ninja Gaiden II and Quake Wars and other quality games are being released around the same time.

bread's done
Back