- - - - -

Gamestop Extra $10 trade BONUS on 2 Wii, 360 or PS3 Games Promo EXTENDED until 7/20 !

#1321 chronojin   CAG For Life! CAGiversary!   208 Posts   Joined 11.2 Years Ago  

chronojin

Posted 17 July 2008 - 04:18 PM

no more trades at GS for me. One GS employee denied my trades because corporate flagged my account. I asked for a number so I can speak with someone about it.

While on the way home, decided to go cancel some pre orders at another GS. I only did it because the guy who rung me up seemed cool at first, but he might have had something to do with my account being flagged(possibly called someone higher up to track my account?).

While I was there, I met the guy I was told to call. He was part of loss prevention. He kindly told me they can no longer accept my trades because I've traded multiple copies over many stores in the area(only one store let me trade multiple copies during one transaction, which I did twice). He said I'm free to come in and purchase stuff, but no more trading. I was sorta ok with it, I didn't give him a problem, shook his hand, and looked around the store. As I left, a different employee kinda gave me a dirty look

I still have the guys number, maybe I'll call sometime about clarification on the ban length(I'm guessing its permanent), and if theres a way I can have it lifted(bring a receipt saying I bought them?)

I haven't been flipping that long, but I did know you can get banned at BB for trading multiple copies. I was pretty careful with that, but getting banned at GS took me by suprise. I read posts where people said GS doesn't really monitor trades, but I found out they do.

Oh well, it was fun while it lasted. :lol:

I had them say i couldn't trade OR purchase stuff from Gamestop anymore because corporate was looking into my trading history. The employee there also said something about loss prevention was wondering how i was getting all the stuff i trade in. This started apparantly because i had a bunch of headsets from the 3 month xbox live starter kits i had traded in. I do trade in alot of games to the Gamestops in my area when we find out about these clearances at other stores and have been for at least 4-5 years (no multiples)

I called them out on it and left the store pissed. I went to the next Gamestop and tried to trade in some games. Traded in 6 games, no problem. Bought some PS3 games with the coupon, no problem. Went to about 3 or 4 other gamestops just to see if they would give me the same grief as the first.

Seems like the only store who was being a bitch was the first one so i just won't be buying anything from that store anymore.

I'm almost tempted to contact Gamestop corporate about this cause it just seems like the one store is blowing smoke up my ass.

"The absence of evidence is not the evidence of absence"

Posted ImagePosted Image

#1322 REL1203   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   353 Posts   Joined 9.9 Years Ago  

Posted 17 July 2008 - 04:25 PM

Does trading in the RB guitar work towards the extra 10?

No, they dont work, but I am curios how much trade in is on a Wired Stratocaster, as I have one I am not using since I have the wireless one
http://profile.mygamercard.net/REL1203]http://profile.mygamercard.net/REL1203%5D

#1323 SadPanda99   I hate know it alls CAGiversary!   4534 Posts   Joined 12.8 Years Ago  

Posted 17 July 2008 - 04:47 PM

I was told just yesterday that with the recent system change they can bring up your account using the edge card, so the phone# / edge cards are now linked. I was also told that one of the stores I visit must have deemed me to be suspicious as my Height, eye color had been entered in the system, which I guess is unusual. My guess is it's all related to that goddamn +15$ coupon that forced me to go to GS's that are usually out of my way to keep the coupon use to 1 per store. Damn you Kunai, why are you so damn lucky!!!
Posted Image

PM me to trade for EA PGA 11, MMA, Shift 2 Season Passes

#1324 DarkRider23   hates hoarders CAGiversary!   3433 Posts   Joined 9.0 Years Ago  

DarkRider23

Posted 17 July 2008 - 04:55 PM

I was told just yesterday that with the recent system change they can bring up your account using the edge card, so the phone# / edge cards are now linked. I was also told that one of the stores I visit must have deemed me to be suspicious as my Height, eye color had been entered in the system, which I guess is unusual. My guess is it's all related to that goddamn +15$ coupon that forced me to go to GS's that are usually out of my way to keep the coupon use to 1 per store. Damn you Kunai, why are you so damn lucky!!!

I guess that confirms it for me. No more trading games at the GS I've been doing all my trades at. I'll actually go out of my way to trade in games now.

#1325 UjnHunter   Frog Man CAGiversary!   1275 Posts   Joined 12.5 Years Ago  

Posted 17 July 2008 - 05:11 PM

I had them say i couldn't trade OR purchase stuff from Gamestop anymore because corporate was looking into my trading history. The employee there also said something about loss prevention was wondering how i was getting all the stuff i trade in. This started apparantly because i had a bunch of headsets from the 3 month xbox live starter kits i had traded in. I do trade in alot of games to the Gamestops in my area when we find out about these clearances at other stores and have been for at least 4-5 years (no multiples)

I called them out on it and left the store pissed. I went to the next Gamestop and tried to trade in some games. Traded in 6 games, no problem. Bought some PS3 games with the coupon, no problem. Went to about 3 or 4 other gamestops just to see if they would give me the same grief as the first.

Seems like the only store who was being a bitch was the first one so i just won't be buying anything from that store anymore.

I'm almost tempted to contact Gamestop corporate about this cause it just seems like the one store is blowing smoke up my ass.

personally I would cut my losses and be done with it... if you can still go to the other stores it doesn't seem worth it to bring more attention to yourself just for one store... you could possibly end up banned at all stores! but that's just me...

-Ujn Hunter
23u3k21.jpg

Currently Playing:
:pc: Rocksmith 2014 | :3ds: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
| :ps4: MGS: TPP | :wiiu: Bayonetta 2 | :360: MGR: Revengeance | :vita: Toukiden: The Age of Demons | :ps3: Dragon's Dogma | :ps2: Godhand | :psp: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite | :xbox: Ninja Gaiden Black | :wii: The Last Story | :ds: Aliens: Infestation | :gc: P.N.03 | :gba: Rhythm Tengoku | iOS: After Burner Climax

#1326 Kaydee09   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   74 Posts   Joined 8.6 Years Ago  

Kaydee09

Posted 17 July 2008 - 06:05 PM

hey guys! im planning on starting to do some trading in and i have a question. if you do like big trade-ins with something that will give you about $50 and above, do they give you cash or only store credit? hope you guys can help me.

#1327 sp00ge   Hey guys, I'm a turd! CAGiversary!   11453 Posts   Joined 11.3 Years Ago  

Posted 17 July 2008 - 06:10 PM

You can take credit or cash, but if you take cash, you only get 80% of base trade value. No trade bonuses on cash trades.

Basically, you're gonna have to trade in quite a bit to hit $50 cash, as you will not get the $10 for every 2 trade bonus.

Bored? Too much money than you know what to do with? Why not check out my Amazon Storefront? If you see anything you want, send me a PM! Make an offer, either monetary or trade! Over 2000 items, and more added daily!

#1328 Kaydee09   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   74 Posts   Joined 8.6 Years Ago  

Kaydee09

Posted 17 July 2008 - 06:11 PM

cool! thanks for the help!

#1329 nbskid   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   129 Posts   Joined 8.9 Years Ago  

Posted 17 July 2008 - 07:49 PM

I traded in four wii games yesterday, for the first time. This is what I got (Including edge card, and the 5 dollar extra trade in, since it's trade in two for extra 10)

Madden 08-12.70
Zelda, Twilight-23.70
Raw Vs Smackdown-16
No More Heroes-13.80

Yep! Oh, and they offered me 2.00 (before any bonus) for Battallion wars 2, but I turned it down.

#1330 lude21   CAGiversary! Silenced   854 Posts   Joined 8.7 Years Ago  

Posted 17 July 2008 - 08:41 PM

just traded- all ps3

Virtua tennis 3 - $8
NHL 2k7- $2.50
With $10 bonus $20.50

Same store, separate transaction
Virtua tennis 3 -$8
Tony hawk project 8 -$6
With $15 bonus $29

So total was $49.50, not bad considering i paid $17 for all of them at Sears. YAY!!...BTW i had no problems at all.

#1331 io   ... Super Moderators   24123 Posts   Joined 11.7 Years Ago  

Posted 17 July 2008 - 08:44 PM

From my experience, the accounts are based on your phone number and they appear to be store-specific. I have traded at a couple different stores this past week and at the stores I had never traded before they had to create a new trading account for me with my name/address phone no, etc. I'm not sure if they keep edge card data with your store accounts or not. It sure would make sense, but I've never been given any of the edge benefits without presenting my card. Also anytime I have received store credit I have had to scan my card to have it put on there. So if they have the capability to link this all up, it is not being used at the store level. Possibly at a corporate level though.

One time a couple weeks ago I brought the wrong Edge card (my old expired one) and they looked up my account by phone number and pulled my real Edge card from that - so they definitely can put it on there. It was a big relief as I was 20 miles from home and wanted to get rid of about 8 games!

Edit - Yay, people actually posted new trade-in values - OP has been updated to this point...

#1332 bob330i   just lookin' CAGiversary!   3087 Posts   Joined 12.1 Years Ago  

Posted 17 July 2008 - 09:01 PM

Edit - Yay, people actually posted new trade-in values - OP has been updated to this point...

Forgot mine: MLB2k7 for PS3, $3. It's in the list as ??. I feel left out.:cry:

#1333 V4Oldboy   Vengeance 4 Oldboy CAGiversary!   3838 Posts   Joined 8.8 Years Ago  

Posted 17 July 2008 - 09:04 PM

only update I've got atm is

Bionicle Heroes - $1.50 ($.50 drop from OP)

"You WROTE it, you can't UN-WRITE it!" - Maurice LaMarche

[if you need help funding a PSN gameshare (US) I'm happy to help out fellow CAGs (PM me) as long as you are patient.]

#1334 ajh2298   2009 Stanley Cup Champs CAGiversary!   7195 Posts   Joined 12.8 Years Ago  

Posted 17 July 2008 - 09:14 PM

TIV both for Wii and b-4 bonuses

Tiger Woods 08-$16.00
The Godfather-$8.00
----------------------------------------------------------------------

#1335 io   ... Super Moderators   24123 Posts   Joined 11.7 Years Ago  

Posted 17 July 2008 - 09:16 PM

Forgot mine: MLB2k7 for PS3, $3. It's in the list as ??. I feel left out.:cry:

Sorry, I checked on NHL 2K7 and thought I was done with the 2K7 sports titles ;).

#1336 menikmati   Isolation, self-damnation CAGiversary!   3516 Posts   Joined 11.3 Years Ago  

Posted 17 July 2008 - 11:20 PM

traded in MX vs. ATV Untamed today for $15. Was $21.50 after Edge and promo bonus.

#1337 toocool17   Gamer 4 Life CAGiversary!   844 Posts   Joined 12.3 Years Ago  

Posted 17 July 2008 - 11:24 PM

Assassins creed for the 360 has dropped to $7.

#1338 311grassroots   CAG Veteran CAG Veteran   1 Posts   Joined 11.6 Years Ago  

311grassroots

Posted 17 July 2008 - 11:59 PM

I haven't flipped many games but I have the same problem with employees blurting out how much credit I have on my card. I'm saving for a Wii ya nosy b*tch!

#1339 gotrice415510   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1413 Posts   Joined 8.7 Years Ago  

gotrice415510

Posted 18 July 2008 - 01:44 AM

anyone kno a cheap game to flip
help me out with this, i only need one more referral that will complete an offer >>>http://www.yourfree3....php?ref=249445

#1340 josekortez   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3489 Posts   Joined 12.8 Years Ago  

Posted 18 July 2008 - 01:51 AM

I flipped a Chromehounds with no manual from the Blockbuster sale and a copy of Super Monkey Ball from the TRU sale into $19 earlier.

#1341 Lamplitersniper   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   474 Posts   Joined 8.4 Years Ago  

Lamplitersniper

Posted 18 July 2008 - 02:09 AM

Wow....just.......wow..... :applause:

#1342 hukt   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   66 Posts   Joined 8.3 Years Ago  

Posted 18 July 2008 - 02:55 AM

just one to add

splinter cell for wii is 6 before everything

#1343 No.   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   64 Posts   Joined 9.8 Years Ago  

Posted 18 July 2008 - 03:01 AM

An employee asked why I traded in Virtua Tennis 3 twice, and the last time I traded it in was a year ago and what I would do with $200 credit I've built up over 2 years... I hate going to GS with employees who actually care.

But, I got my PSP that I spent about $40 and a handful of old games for. I won't see GS until they have another good trade-in deal in like a year.

#1344 DJP519   Ready for a Vacation CAGiversary!   1296 Posts   Joined 8.4 Years Ago  

Posted 18 July 2008 - 03:25 AM

Just confirming a few trade-in values as of tonight, for the 360:
:360:
Top Spin 2 = $4.00 --> 9.40
Forza 2 = $3.50 --> 8.85
Tony Hawk Proving Ground = $7.00 --> 12.70
Moto GP 2007 = $6.00 --> 11.60

#1345 kennistond   I'm so LOST CAGiversary!   1682 Posts   Joined 10.8 Years Ago  

Posted 18 July 2008 - 03:42 AM

Madden 08 for 360 is only $4 now.

#1346 DrNo888   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1026 Posts   Joined 9.2 Years Ago  

Posted 18 July 2008 - 03:45 AM

Does anyone have problem using the $15 coupon in the SF South Bay area?
I grabbed a couple off of the counter the other day and tried to use it at one of the store. The manager said I either have to use it when I pick up the game at the store I preordered from. Would suck if I have the actual coupons and wont be able to use it!
=========================
Posted Image

#1347 gotrice415510   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1413 Posts   Joined 8.7 Years Ago  

gotrice415510

Posted 18 July 2008 - 05:31 AM

Wow....just.......wow..... :applause:

i kno....
help me out with this, i only need one more referral that will complete an offer >>>http://www.yourfree3....php?ref=249445

#1348 monkeydeew   Banned Banned   2425 Posts   Joined 9.6 Years Ago  

monkeydeew

Posted 18 July 2008 - 06:35 AM

go to best buy and buy every copy of madden 07, rip off the plastic, and trade all your copies at once to gs. omG 4 teh win0rzzzxx

#1349 UCLAevo   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   236 Posts   Joined 8.8 Years Ago  

Posted 18 July 2008 - 06:41 AM

Does anyone have problem using the $15 coupon in the SF South Bay area?
I grabbed a couple off of the counter the other day and tried to use it at one of the store. The manager said I either have to use it when I pick up the game at the store I preordered from. Would suck if I have the actual coupons and wont be able to use it!

so far, the only complaint i've heard is that i need to print out the whole email. this is at the homestead gs, and he's asked for the whole email at least the past couple coupons, including the 25% off that came from the website :rolleyes:

#1350 DrNo888   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1026 Posts   Joined 9.2 Years Ago  

Posted 18 July 2008 - 07:38 AM

Yeah, I hate that store. I hardly ever go there but there is a lot of complete GCN games that I may have to go there with this week's coupon.
=========================
Posted Image