Vans Warped Tour 2008 - Free VIP Backstage Access!

JJSP

CAGiversary!
Feedback
62 (100%)
Music Saves Lives, in partnership with the American Red Cross, is giving away VIP Backstage Access passes to anyone who signs up to donate blood through the Music Saves Lives website. The passes, which are given out at the Music Saves Lives tent on the tour, allow holders all-access to the venue and gives fans the chance at an up close and personal meeting with the artists on the tour.

Please keep in mind that these VIP Passes are only in addition to the ticket you'll need to the tour - they won't get you into the concert, but once inside, you'll exchange your voucher for the backstage laminate that'll get you backstage.

Guys, this is an excellent organization and what they're doing is really admirable. If you're headed out to Warped this year, sign up to donate blood through Music Saves Lives and enjoy the show up close and personal.

http://www.musicsaveslives.com/signup.html

http://www.warpedtour.com

This is hilariously unrealistically awesome. I just gave blood for the first time last month. Umm, but my question is how old do you have to be?
I can't find it in the rules anywhere, so I'm going to make an appt and give them a call!

awesome but does this only work if you buy your ticket online? say i bought it at warped tour, can i still exchange it for VIP?

[quote name='BustaBust']awesome but does this only work if you buy your ticket online? say i bought it at warped tour, can i still exchange it for VIP?[/QUOTE]
As long as you have a ticket to get in (even if you buy it at the gate), you'll exchange the voucher INSIDE the festival for the VIP laminate. The MSL tent is located at the non-profit section of the festival tents.

This just in - you don't have to be 18 to donate. The age limit is 16 with parental consent (and photo ID). I just signed up today to donate, and though I'm considerably older than 16 and don't really need the laminate, it's an excellent cause. Also, gotta be at least 110 lbs - none of you scrawny emo kids. ;)

Aw shit. This is a brilliant idea and I totally applaud Vans and the Red Cross for doing this, but I'm on medical restrictions where I can't give blood for a year due to being a vaccine guinea pig, so I can't give.

Now, if someone did something like this for Locks of Love, I'd be all over it.

well I was so excited about going to My first ever warped tour! and i thought it would rock to get a VIP pass...but a week ago i was just diagnosed with type 2 diabetes and as far as i know I'm not allowed to donate but...is there anyway i could get one ?

[quote name='Doodie11']well I was so excited about going to My first ever warped tour! and i thought it would rock to get a VIP pass...but a week ago i was just diagnosed with type 2 diabetes and as far as i know I'm not allowed to donate but...is there anyway i could get one ?[/QUOTE]
Your best bet is to show up early to the venue and ask people loading in if they need help. There's a lot of tents and organizations on the tour, and there's always someone in need of a hand. Catering is always a big one (they're feeding EVERYONE on tour), and though it might suck to work in the kitchen for a few hours, you'll get an all access pass and the chance to eat lunch with some of your favorite bands. Recycling is another one that they're usually in need of - walk around with a trash bag for an hour or so picking up bottles and cans that fans toss.

In the few years I've been on the tour, the best I've seen was the kids who brought 5 loaves of bread to the show and made PB&J's for the bands. Those dudes got hooked up with tickets and merch big time.

[quote name='JJSP']In the few years I've been on the tour, the best I've seen was the kids who brought 5 loaves of bread to the show and made PB&J's for the bands. Those dudes got hooked up with tickets and merch big time.[/quote]

omg smart kid there, i want to do somethin for the bands like that too. I am mainly going for my favorite band, Set Your Goals and giving them somethin along with other bands might help me get even more merch than iw as already planning on getting lol.

[quote name='BustaBust']omg smart kid there, i want to do somethin for the bands like that too. I am mainly going for my favorite band, Set Your Goals and giving them somethin along with other bands might help me get even more merch than iw as already planning on getting lol.[/quote]
Swing by the SYG tent and there's a good chance you'll run into me. ;)

did those guys bring the stuff inside warped tour and gave the pb&j to the bands in the tents or was it while every1 was loading and stuff? i really want to help them out and provide food for them and stuff and im going to give blood since its for a good cause.

bread's done
Back