MGS Bundle issue

Zip_Zap_Rap

CAG Veteran
I've been encountering a lot of different stories regarding the bundle.

1. Future Shop.ca shows it as out of stock but employees claim they'll have them on Thursday

2. EB Games at the Dufferin Mall will barely admit they are getting any. They won't take pre-orders, they suggest I won't be getting on and that I should buy a referb unit and the game seperately for much cheaper.

3. Zellars has no idea there is even a bundle.

Does anyone have any evidence that the bundle will be coming out day-and-date with the game and how limited the availability will be?

There are two Zellars near my house, perhaps that would be my best bet. Has anyone heard from a Zellars employee that they are in fact getting any shipped on the 12th.

Thanks

Yeah, I've been having the same concern. With Amazon selling out in 4 minutes, Best Buy and Future Shop's online allocations already gone, and EB not taking pre-orders, I wonder if I'll actually be able to get my hands on the MGS4 bundle or if they'll be extremely limited/sell out on the 1st day.

I know WalMart stores will be getting the bundles in on the 12th, but I don't know how many.

Don't know if this helps, but the game doesn't come out until the 12th, which is Thursday. Technically, FS can't have it in stock until then.

For places like Future shop and best buy, they won't receive these units until Wednesday evening. So the only way to ensure you get one, is to show up when they open on Thursday.

[quote name='Zip_Zap_Rap'].... 1. Future Shop.ca shows it as out of stock but employees claim they'll have them on Thursday......[/quote]

[quote name='Cthulhu8u']Don't know if this helps, but the game doesn't come out until the 12th, which is Thursday. Technically, FS can't have it in stock until then.[/quote]

Yeah Cthulhu's right, most FS/BBs have them in, it's just if the computer shows we have them in stock we'll have a shitstorm on our hands. Usually self-important consumers will bitch and moan about how "it's in the system so I want it NOW or else I'll sue/whine/moan/call head office" and they'll threaten to never shop with us again or something (but they'll come in once we have Lego Indiana Jones, but we can't call them out on it, not worth the bitching).

Yeah that's why the computers will show zero until Thursday.

I remember in February our computer showed we had Wiis in stock but couldn't sell them until a few days later, but the incompetence of the manager got the better of him, we had a few dozen angry, rich, white, stuck up couples/people of ages 18 ("giant corporations are always stiffing us like this, oh hey In Rainbows is in stock! Bush sucks! I'm in my first year of uni and I just woke up from the Matrix, now I'll stomp off in my Earth-friendly Prius and listen to crappy indie bands") to 80 ("if they advertise it they should be making millions of them, also they don't make pills for SENILE")

And the worst are parents; "my child has wanted one since last week and poor little Albert will get what he wants", little do they know spoiling him now results in fail later on. Don't rich people buy baby books and shit? God rich people are stupid (we get a lot of them in my store).

Yeah that's my retail anecdote for the day. Enjoy it.

[quote name='imcrazy']For places like Future shop and best buy, they won't receive these units until Wednesday evening. So the only way to ensure you get one, is to show up when they open on Thursday.[/quote]

Most of them should have, call in before going though ~_~.

See. Working retail always makes you hate people.
"I WANT A SONY TV NO THAT SHARP I WANT SONY SONY SONY SONY I WANT SONY EVEN THOUGH IT IS $500 MORE AND WORSE"
"Ok fine"

[quote name='Firestorm']See. Working retail always makes you hate people.
"I WANT A SONY TV NO THAT SHARP I WANT SONY SONY SONY SONY I WANT SONY EVEN THOUGH IT IS $500 MORE AND WORSE"
"Ok fine"[/quote]
The customer is always right, right? =P

The EB games in the district i work in have never taken pre-orders on the 80gig mgs bundle systems but i can tell you 100% that the store i work at WILL have them available thursday morning at 10am open. If you want one you should be at a location at 10am just to be sure since they are first come first serve. they should be arriving in stores between mon-wed. but they are street dated and EBgames followes strict Street date policy and no amount of bitching will get you a system before that

bread's done
Back