[Canada] Blockbuster Wii Deals

Corizzle

CAGiversary!
Feedback
5 (100%)
Seems like Blockbuster has reduced some Wii games in response to EB's deals. These are new, not used btw. Most of the ones that were available at EB were cheaper, but if you missed those these are not badly priced

List from RFD:

9.99-
alien syndrome
dewy's adventure
donkey kong battle blast
escape from bug island
jumper
pirates of the carribean at worlds end
prince of persia rival swords
ratatouille
rayman raving rabbids 2
sonic secret rings
super monkey ball banana blitz
super swing golf

19.99-
battalion wars 2
call of duty 3
carnival games
crash of the titans
fire emblem radian dawn
madden nfl 08
mlb sk8
manhunt 2
marval ultimate alliance
medal of honour vanguard
mysims
naruto clash of ninja revolution
playground
RE: umbrella chronicles
spider man friend or foe
spiderwick chronicles
spyro
golden compass
thrillville off the rails
trauma center, either new blood or second option
wwe smackdown vs raw 2008

various-
ghost squad -14.99
harry potter and the order of the pheonix -14.99
namco museum remix-14.99
nights-14.99
rayman raving rabbids-16.99
red steel-14.99
ssx blur-14.99
sims 2 pets -14.99
tony hawks proving grounds -14.99

some prices from the top of my head

7.99 used
xbox 360
PGR4
COD2
Pirates of the Car.

Wii
MLB2k8 ??? WAT
RE umbrella

360/PS3
The club

Conflict denied ops (trades for 30$ at eb, good filler for this price range)
Mass Effect

in this excitement i grabbed a bunch of them, next time i will take better note but blockbuster usually doesn't update price stickers like this!

Maybe will head out tomorrow, hopefully more will be found! good past couple months for video gamers!

Ugh, paid $45 for FE and I thought that was good. Haven't really touched it yet either. :(

I might see if I can grab Ghost Hunt.

The Blockbuster I went to claimed there was no sale on Wii games. Of course when they scanned a few titles they did in fact list as the prices above.

I picked up Ghost Squad for 14.99 new. For some strange reason, a used copy was 19.99.

All the copies at my BBV are... for some reason resealed (yeah I see that BBV rental sticker on the inside of the shrink wrap they ain't foolin' me).

Thank you, Corizzle
I got the Fire Emblem I wanted and a wood themed 360 face plate :)
Kanata centrum has almost nothing in stock at their Wii section but the one on Hazzeldean near the Dairy Queen has one or two of each titles but Fire Emblem (sorry I got the last one). In the last 3 weeks my Wii game library has doubled.

Awesome. I picked up Fire Emblem at the Humber and Queensway location (Toronto). One copy of it left if someone is looking for it. $19.99 as stated. A used copy of Batt Wars 2 for $14.99, Super Swing 2, and a few other titles no worthy of memory. :D

[quote name='Azumangaman']$19.99 new for the Club? That could be hot.[/quote]

i saw the Club for 19.99 used at BBV today.

Picked up Fire Emblem today, awesome deal.

Also, to clear it up, Trauma Center Second Opinion AND New Blood are both $19.99.

Now, I know New Blood was $10 at EB, but for people looking for the first game on the cheap, it's $20!

[quote name='shifty_37']harvey birdman $9.99[/quote]

Damn! I wish a BBV near me had that game! I've wanted that for quite some time now.

[quote name='kathos']All the copies at my BBV are... for some reason resealed (yeah I see that BBV rental sticker on the inside of the shrink wrap they ain't foolin' me).[/quote]

same at mine but they were trying to pull a fast one by putting their new price sticker over top of the previously enjoyed sticker

[quote name='seed84']same at mine but they were trying to pull a fast one by putting their new price sticker over top of the previously enjoyed sticker[/quote]

I spotted a "new" copy of Star Trek DS with a price tag over an FS one. The FS one said $19.99, the BBV tag said $14.99.

picked up rayman 2, for 9.99 if i dont like it i could use it for trade bait at eb. Anyway, I also picked up stuff for their b2g1f, heres how i had them layed out.

Mario Party 8 - 39.99
Mario Galaxy - 39.99
Conflict denied ops as a filler - 24.99

MLB 2k8 - 14.99
DiRT - 14.99
pgr4 filler - 7.99

which would get me the best value. The guy behind the computer put them in order so i would have to spend more (basically, switch conflict with PGR4). Good thing the computer automatically coupons them, so i got - 24.99 and -7.99. I almost felt like saying something to Customer Service, i'm friends with a manager and I will have to find out who the district manager is, that is just plain rude and unacceptable for what its worth. I just don't know if it will make sense to them because my eyes did not fool me, i saw what i saw, but the reciept tells different.

[quote name='JnJosh']picked up rayman 2, for 9.99 if i dont like it i could use it for trade bait at eb. Anyway, I also picked up stuff for their b2g1f, heres how i had them layed out.

Mario Party 8 - 39.99
Mario Galaxy - 39.99
Conflict denied ops as a filler - 24.99

MLB 2k8 - 14.99
DiRT - 14.99
pgr4 filler - 7.99

which would get me the best value. The guy behind the computer put them in order so i would have to spend more (basically, switch conflict with PGR4). Good thing the computer automatically coupons them, so i got - 24.99 and -7.99. I almost felt like saying something to Customer Service, i'm friends with a manager and I will have to find out who the district manager is, that is just plain rude and unacceptable for what its worth. I just don't know if it will make sense to them because my eyes did not fool me, i saw what i saw, but the reciept tells different.[/quote]

it's the same

[quote name='Caro']it's the same[/quote]

if it worked out the way the employee wanted...no

My Way
39.99 + 39.99 + 24.99 = 104.97 - 24.99 = 79.98
14.99 + 14.99 + 7.99 = 37.97 -7.99 = 29.98
TOTAL = 109.96

His way
39.99 + 39.99 + 7.99 = 87.97 -7.99 = 79.98
24.99 + 14.99 + 14.99 = 54.97 -14.99 = 39.98
TOTAL = 119.96

or does this seem wrong? I added them all up, than subtracted the lower, like it does in the computer, they scan all three titles and the computer figures out what one is the lowest, viola, magic...not really. I don't think my math is rusty, its basically adding even numbers, taking off pennies. But please tell me how you think its the same Caro because I don't understand.

I was at a BBV today, and I noticed that all the 360s were tagged at $349.99. Yes, the Pro, Elite, and Arcade were all $349.99.

If you can get them to honour the tag, an Elite for $349.99 is hot.

[quote name='Lockescythe']it wont scan for that price. So they wont honour it.

I got my premium for 349 and its falconned so I'm happy.[/quote]

it won't scan for the sticker price? if it was 349.99 complain, you should be able to get it for the stickered price, ask for the district managers name as well because any price error is in your favor, regardless.

i thought i noticed this last night, but i was just looking at hddvds.

updated list from rfd:

$9.99
Ratatouille
Fantastic Four Rise of the Silver Surfer
Donkey Kong Barrel Blast
Rayman 2
TMNT
SpongeBob SquarePants: Creature from the Krusty Krab
Shrek the Third
Dewy's Adventure
The Bigs
Super Swing Golf
Alien Syndrome
Escape From Bug Island
jumper
pirates of the carribean at worlds end
prince of persia rival swords
sonic secret rings
super monkey ball banana blitz

$12.99
Mortal Kombat Armageddon

$14.99
Tony Hawk's Proving Ground
Red Steel
SSX Blur
Sims 2 Pets
Nights
ghost squad
harry potter and the order of the pheonix
namco museum remix

$19.99
MLB Power Pros
Scarface
Resident Evil 4: Wii Edition (YMMV)
Resident Evil Umbrella Chronicles
Trauma Center: New Blood
Battalion Wars 2
call of duty 3
carnival games
crash of the titans
fire emblem radian dawn
madden nfl 08
mlb sk8
manhunt 2
marval ultimate alliance
medal of honour vanguard
mysims
naruto clash of ninja revolution
playground
spider man friend or foe
spiderwick chronicles
spyro
golden compass
thrillville off the rails
wwe smackdown vs raw 2008
Fire Emblem

Darkness - $9.99
Project Gotham Racing - $9.99
Conan - $14.99

The 360 HD-DVD players are $20 at BBV. I finally bought one for the good remote. Also the Halo 360 controllers were $30 and the Gamecubes were $29.99.

[quote name='Princess Zelda']The 360 HD-DVD players are $20 at BBV. I finally bought one for the good remote. Also the Halo 360 controllers were $30 and the Gamecubes were $29.99.[/quote]

thanks zelda, gonna see if any are still available at my BBV, 30$ for a controller, albiet, ugly, i cannot pass up when i need one.

Checked out Calgary Ogden Blockbuster

Picked up for 360:
Gun - 9.99
Might & Magic Elements - 9.99
Turning Point: Fall of Liberty - 19.99 (mislabeled should be 24.99)

+ Buy 2 get 1 free used games

= 30$ total.

Also noticed that Gun, Call of Duty 2, Stuntman and quite a few others were being sold new for 7.99 - 9.99, so remember to look over everything on the shelves.

Other used games:
Bioshock - 24.99
Mass Effect - 24.99
Simpsons Game - 19.99
Jericho - 14.99
Blue Dragon - 24.99

Used Wii games were picked over though.

In Ottawa the BBV on Carling Avenue west of the Carlingwood Mall had a copy of the first Phoenix Wright DS game used for $19.99. I'm just mentioning it because it's a hard to find awesome game.

Hmm, Blockbuster deals, eh? Guess I have a reason to use that $15 giftcard I got X months back. =D

Only one I know that's nearby, though, is in Calgary Ogden, and from the times I've been there, there's rarely a ton of good deals. Ah well, can't hurt to check it out.

Second Opinion was 20 bucks new about a week ago, so it's perfectly possible that it dropped in price again.

Brand new, picking up my copy tomorrow, I'm just helping out where I can :)

Perfect time to pick up some early bday presents ;) new blood is still $19.99 AFAIK

Bah, nothing even worth looking at in Ogden. Everything is the normal price here, and anything cheap is nothing I need (or used with those horrid stickers they put right on the actual paper inside the case). No Second Opinion, and New Blood was $35, used. >_>

Woulda picked up Tony Hawk's Downhill Jam for $10, but it was used and had the sticker, as well as the wrong case. I'll just save my giftcard I got for another day.

picked up ghost squad for 9.99, thankfully, almost got it at 14.99 last week!

ps i think it was used, cant find my receipt :(

WHA?! gotta snatch that too now

Edit: i've called every location in my city plus the next two over and no ghost squad at ANY of them

bread's done
Back