Apple WWDC 2008 - 3G iPhones - 8GB = $199 16GB = $299 (AKA iPhone Thread)

fraggedbylaggers

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
created in anticipation of what is a highly anticipated even occurring tomorrow. I have scrounged up the money so I am personally hoping for a new iphone. Anyone have predictions/hopes?

Probable Predictions:
iPhones touted as the leading touch-screen phone
iPhones go 3G [Network]

Hopeful Predictions:
Newer model iPhones brings about bigger capacity.
(Leads to) -> Cheaper prices of current models.
Apple really wants their phones to sell, so they announce the "Any phone on any network service" from Verizon onto their phones...no contract to AT&T necessary!

Video chat on the 3g iphone would be sweet. I own a few shares of apple and am hoping for the stock to go up a nice amount =]. Truth to the rumor that AT and T will start subsidizing 200$ for every iphone if you sign up for 2 years through them.

Steve Jobs is going to give a long and boring speech about how the iphone is one of the best phones on the market and how they have X% of market share and more stats and then he's going to announce the next iphone which pretty much everyone already knows exists but we're just waiting for the official announcement. Then he'll announce it has 3G, GPS, secondary video camera, and all that good stuff the first iphone should have had.

My predictions.

Starts off with Jobs saying about OSX, they announce a new version with limited details. Then they pull a reggie from Nintendo and blabber on for 10 hrs about how the iPhone is awesome and then say here is the new iPhone that all you early adopters are going to want because it is what the iPhone should of been.

[quote name='Moxio']fuck the iphone. Gimme some details about iMac/Macbook[/QUOTE]

Same thing I'm hoping for. I'm just waiting to see if there's a new advance for the Macbook to see if I'm getting a new one in the next few weeks, or if I should wait a bit longer.

I really dont see the issue... the edge network is fast enough... I mean, it could ALWAYS be faster, like a computer could ALWAYS be beefer to play whatever game... but it's fast enough.

I do think it should of had a Video Camera... but I dont regret buying it one bit, It's the best phone I've ever had. The OS needs some work, but who expects Gen 1 shit to beat out all the minor features of every single phone on the market? Idiots.

How's AT&T's network? i'm thinking of switching to the iphone, but the last time I had AT&T was forever ago. And I was pissed when I switched to T-Mo and the network was shite.

Anyone with good impressions?

The only thing stopping me from buying the iPhone is the lack of a $39.99 plan. I don't care if they only give me 250 minutes a month, that is all I need.

anyone considered those clone iphone? they go for 150ish and dont look that bad. for the price i almost considered it but stopped when it had only gprs.

I already have my current iPhone ready to be listed on CL the instant he announced the date for the 3G version. Rumored to have video conferencing, 3G, Video Camera, Mobile TV, GPS...oh man.

f1213024818.jpg

[quote name='TheRock88']60-80 gb Ipod Touch with price drops on the current models. Plzzzz make it happen[/QUOTE]

Yes. I'm waiting for the 32GB iPod Touch to drop so I can finally get one to replace my 4 year old iPod.

Hope it pushes prices down quickly on the older iPhones.
I just bought my mom a new phone but now she wants an iPhone because how easy it is to use.

[quote name='dastly75']The only thing that would make me really care is if they announced OS X to be open to any hardware.[/quote]

ditto.

bread's done
Back