CAG on Gamespot!

Bah...more worthless posts, more accounts created solely to browse, more deals that vanish in ten minutes...

Am I the only one who thinks that the publicity has more negative reprecussions than positive ones?

Haha, man it never ends. It's always fun to know about something popular before it takes. I have a feeling this site is going to explode in popularity (even more so than before). Gamespot is pretty much the definitive game website...bye bye deals!

Well.. CAG Underground will have to begin. Muhaha ;)

CAG Underground is non-existant. So dont as

So long as we don't get gluts of people coming in thinking they own the place. This has happened in waves before.. the site made the rounds at Gamefaqs, and they thought they owned the place.
Then EGM gave the site some press... and those new people came in an acted like they owned the place. The worst so far, however was when the site got press from HardOCP. Those people came in, acted like they owned the place, and proceeded to tell Cheapy and ALL of the vetrans that they knew better how to do things that they people that have been hear since (or nearly since) the site's inception. I'm all for new people.. activity is great.. so long as the people don't act overly stupid and flood threads, or come in and act like they own the place. Good thing Cheapy D changed the server.. the increased traffic likely won't kill the site like the HardOCP event did.

[quote name='JSweeney']So long as we don't get gluts of people coming in thinking they own the place. This has happened in waves before.. the site made the rounds at Gamefaqs, and they thought they owned the place.
Then EGM gave the site some press... and those new people came in an acted like they owned the place. The worst so far, however was when the site got press from HardOCP. Those people came in, acted like they owned the place, and proceeded to tell Cheapy and ALL of the vetrans that they knew better how to do things that they people that have been hear since (or nearly since) the site's inception. I'm all for new people.. activity is great.. so long as the people don't act overly stupid and flood threads, or come in and act like they own the place. Good thing Cheapy D changed the server.. the increased traffic likely won't kill the site like the HardOCP event did.[/quote]

I agree Sweeny. I don't mind new people, just want 'em to be like the rest of us

im actually oneof the egm guys. i think it was the best and most useful letter ive ever read. and CAG underground? but its dark and scary.

this wont screw us THAT much. thanks to outpost, we are starting to get exclusive deals that dont go oos. hopefully this will continue

Yes, Penguin, but you didn't come in thinking you owned the place. That's one of the few things that really bother me, and if you get huge numbers of new people coming in, the odds are better that there will be some. Especially if the influx comes from a place that had an already established community. That's why the influx from EGM wasn't that bad. The biggest problem with that one was the overall maturity level of the new posters (EGMs reader base covers a wide span of ages... and it seems like the younger edge of that base was the group that came in posting huge numbers of posts at the time.

[quote name='JSweeney']So long as we don't get gluts of people coming in thinking they own the place. This has happened in waves before.. the site made the rounds at Gamefaqs, and they thought they owned the place.
Then EGM gave the site some press... and those new people came in an acted like they owned the place. The worst so far, however was when the site got press from HardOCP. Those people came in, acted like they owned the place, and proceeded to tell Cheapy and ALL of the vetrans that they knew better how to do things that they people that have been hear since (or nearly since) the site's inception. I'm all for new people.. activity is great.. so long as the people don't act overly stupid and flood threads, or come in and act like they own the place. Good thing Cheapy D changed the server.. the increased traffic likely won't kill the site like the HardOCP event did.[/quote]

I missed something, how did people from HardOCP proceed to tell Cheapy and the veterans should run things? When did this happen?

this is how i see it:

after cag gets mentioned somewhere, theres a week or two of people getting really angry and posting "wherez t3h dealzZz?!1?!" and blaming resellers for the fact they they wernt fast enough to get in on a deal. then most of them get annoyed with the fact that they suck at getting deals and visit the site every so often...but out of each group some people stick around, and with the exceptions of antonio and spriggan id say almost everyone here is pretty well mannered

[quote name='punqsux']this is how i see it:

after cag gets mentioned somewhere, theres a week or two of people getting really angry and posting "wherez t3h dealzZz?!1?!" and blaming resellers for the fact they they wernt fast enough to get in on a deal. then most of them get annoyed with the fact that they suck at getting deals and visit the site every so often...but out of each group some people stick around, and with the exceptions of antonio and spriggan id say almost everyone here is pretty well mannered[/quote]

You forgot that Bobbin kid, man I wanted to punch his face in.

[quote name='st0neface'][quote name='punqsux']this is how i see it:

after cag gets mentioned somewhere, theres a week or two of people getting really angry and posting "wherez t3h dealzZz?!1?!" and blaming resellers for the fact they they wernt fast enough to get in on a deal. then most of them get annoyed with the fact that they suck at getting deals and visit the site every so often...but out of each group some people stick around, and with the exceptions of antonio and spriggan id say almost everyone here is pretty well mannered[/quote]

You forgot that Bobbin kid, man I wanted to punch his face in.[/quote]

i always assumed bobbin and spriggan were the same person, they had similar names, appeard around the same time and now neither are around...

[quote name='st0neface']I found it by chance while doing a google search, and before it was mentioned in any publication, is that original enough?[/quote]

im from the gamefaqs wave ^^

[quote name='st0neface']I found it by chance while doing a google search, and before it was mentioned in any publication, is that original enough?[/quote]
me too

Damn ! Next thing you know CAG will turn into a pay site like the rest of the web has turned into. Does anybody remember IGN before the got a huge amount of traffic and registered users ? It was a great Video Game website but not anymore thanks to all the publicity .

Yeah, i meant "original" as in before the word got out. I think I've been here since deal 1. It doesn't mean anything, but I'm shocked that so many people who are staple to the community haven't been here for as long.

OMG don't get me started on those little turds. Everytime CAG gets exposure at some site it seems that the toilet gets flushed and all the sewage from that place gets dumped over here. I am sick of the influx of little punks who pop up here and contribute nothing but spam - "spong sucks", "you're a fanboy". If you are gonna leech then please shut the fuck up and give Cheapy money, but don't share your stupidity with the rest of us.

Anyway, I am sure Cheapy loves the exposure since it means more potential $$ for him.

bread's done
Back