GGT #56 is no hero. Never was, never will be.

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='Chacrana']Problem is, there was nothing that was like fuckIN ZOMG AWESOME like DMC4, NG2, or MGS4.[/quote]

Yeah, I have to agree there. In 07 I liked Heavenly Sword, Uncharted, R&C:FTOD, Bio Shock, Mass Effect, and more I'm probably forgetting. 08 has already blown 07 out of the water IMO, since there are more games I have enjoyed a lot more. Like the three above you mentioned for starters. ;)

[quote name='nyprimus4']It was temporary. hehe. Any suggestions?[/quote]

I was hoping we would do something MGS4 related but hey it's your GGT. . .

Zone of the Enders 3 would be nucking futs man. I'd love to see a Zone of the Enders 3, I can't even imagine how awesome that would look in high def. :drool:

Vagina In A Bottle. there you go.

in terms of where the ast thread left off... 2007 was not the best year in gaming IMHO, just alot of big names. I say this too since a large number of the big name games I really didn't give a rats ass about. I think the only large one I loved was Mass Effect. and yeah, portal was cute, but never really blew my mind.

2008 is going to be the year I think will be better for gaming (for myself at least), seeing as I actually care about quite a few of the big titles. GTAIV, MGS4, Little Big Planet, Home (yes, I want home like a horny bitch), etc.

[quote name='Dark Slayer120']Zone of the Enders 3 would be nucking futs man. I'd love to see a Zone of the Enders 3, I can't even imagine how awesome that would look in high def. :drool:[/QUOTE]

Yeah, ZOE2 still looks fantastic, so it would be insane to see what he could do with the PS3.

I didn't buy a single game for PS3 in 2007 except Warhawk and I played that for about a week before the gameplay just didn't hold up anymore when I could be playing Gears instead.

Now in 2008 I have already bought MLB '08: The Show and GTA IV. I also bought Motorstorm this year. I'm going to get Metal Gear Solid 4 soon. And some big hitters are coming that are the real reasons I bought PS3: like Tekken 6, LittleBigPlanet, Socom, and Resistance 2.

[quote name='Chacrana']Now that Kojima's done with MGS, I want to see either Zone of the Enders 3, or Ninja Raiden/Raiden Gaiden[/QUOTE]
You guys don't want to know what I'd do for a ZoE3...

[quote name='whoknows']If you haven't played Uncharted yet get on that. It's a very awesome game.[/quote]

It's on my list of games to buy this summer. Once I clean up my backlog.

:360: Devil May Cry 4, King Kong, LOST, Lost Planet, Mass Effect, Orange Box, The Darkness, Tony Hawk Project 8.

:ps3: Heavenly Sword, Metal Gear Solid 4, Ratchet and Clank, Resistance, Time Crisis 4, Uncharted.

Does anyone have a witty MGS4 Quote so I can switch the title?

Mine was going to be GGT #56 everyone in this thread has it out for me because I don't like Devil May Cry, Anime, PC Gaming, or the PS3.

[quote name='Dark Slayer120']Mine was going to be GGT #56 everyone in this thread has it out for me because I don't like Devil May Cry, Anime, PC Gaming, or the PS3.[/QUOTE]
:rofl:

[quote name='nyprimus4']

:ps3: Heavenly Sword, Metal Gear Solid 4, Ratchet and Clank, Resistance, Time Crisis 4, Uncharted.
[/quote]

All excellent choices (I don't klnow about MGS4 or Resistance).
I LOVED Heavenly Sword. I just wish there was more to it.

[quote name='Dark Slayer120']Mine was going to be GGT #56 everyone in this thread has it out for me because I don't like Devil May Cry, Anime, PC Gaming, or the PS3.[/QUOTE]

Win

[quote name='Azumangaman']All excellent choices (I don't klnow about MGS4 or Resistance).
I LOVED Heavenly Sword. I just wish there was more to it.[/quote]
I have a tendency to never finish games that are too long (some exceptions). So I'm hoping Uncharted and Heavenly Sword will win me over.

[quote name='Dark Slayer120']Yeah, I have to agree there. In 07 I liked Heavenly Sword, Uncharted, R&C:FTOD, Bio Shock, Mass Effect, and more I'm probably forgetting. 08 has already blown 07 out of the water IMO, since there are more games I have enjoyed a lot more. Like the three above you mentioned for starters. ;)[/quote]

To me, 2008 was the best gaming year in awhile due to one little...big game, Super Mario Galaxy.

I'm really enjoying MGS4...I REALLY really am, but not nearly as much as I enjoyed SMG. Playing that game was just nonstop gaming nirvana for me.

But of course that's just my opinion. If it weren't for SMG, I'd probably agree though. MGS4 is just that awesome.

If y'all are thinking 2007 was "meh", it's only because 2008 has been an incredible year so far. 2007 was a great year for gaming and '08 has only shown that the current gen was just getting started.

Then again, it's hard not to have a spectacular year when GTAIV and MGS4 are part of it...

lulz.

I can't wait to play more MGS4 tonight....the game is just so...epic.

But first, off to see "Incredible Hulk" with some buddies.

[quote name='gunm']If y'all are thinking 2007 was "meh", it's only because 2008 has been an incredible year so far. 2007 was a great year for gaming and '08 has only shown that the current gen was just getting started.

Then again, it's hard not to have a spectacular year when GTAIV and MGS4 are part of it...[/quote]

I didn't think it was "meh" at all, it was a good year but thus far 08 for me already is better then 07. Especially when GTA IV, MGS4, DMC4, and NGII are all on my shelf. ;) Anyway I think I'm going to start up some MGS4, then switch off to NGII, then back to MGS4, then fuck a bitch, then back to NGII.

[quote name='gunm']lulz.
[/quote]Eh, I'm not really joking, though they weren't "meh." A couple awesome games make it hard for me to claim a year as "best evar" though I suppose it could be.

But in the long run there are only a handful of amazing games over the course of a generation, so if you just want to pick the year when the best one was released as the greatest, works for me.

Yes, I'm hard to impress.

[quote name='gunm']If y'all are thinking 2007 was "meh", it's only because 2008 has been an incredible year so far. 2007 was a great year for gaming and '08 has only shown that the current gen was just getting started.

Then again, it's hard not to have a spectacular year when GTAIV and MGS4 are part of it...[/QUOTE]

I thought 2007 was meh back in 2007. But yeah, I suppose a lot of it has to do with that everything good got pushed back.

[quote name='Dark Slayer120']Is RE5 suppose to come out this year or in 09? I really hope this year, but I doubt it's going to happen.[/QUOTE]

I hear it's supposed to release the week after Duke Nukem Forever

[quote name='Chacrana}Problem is, there was nothing that was like fuckIN ZOMG AWESOME like DMC4, NG2, or MGS4.[/quote']

Just a matter of what you like.

Metroid Prime 3, Bioshock, Call of Duty 4 and Mass Effect were all awesome IMO. Among the best games I've ever played. Mario Galaxy and Halo 3 were damn good as well, but not quite as good.

Yet I don't care much for DMC4 or NG2 since I'm not big into action games--I do want to play thorugh NG2 after playing the demo, but I'm in no rush.

MGS I've never been into. Can't deal with the silly story, tons of cutscenes and most of all I loathe stealth gameplay. I don't like going slow and sneaking around, I like to play games where you just shoot the shit out of everything all the time.

[quote name='whoknows']I will. I only play it at night though so that no one bothers me.

Are you still at the beginning?[/quote]

Yeah lulz, I've only played it once since I got it at the midnight release. I made it to Drebin and then quit. I have to say though, since I got used to the controls I really like it more then when I first started. I plan on playing it more today, but I know as soon as I start it up someone will walk in and and start talking during a cut scene and I'll flip out and break their face in.

[quote name='whoknows']Yeah, I feel like doing that when someone bothers me while I'm playing. At least you can pause the cutscenes this time.[/quote]

Do you just hit start and that will pause it? I definitely don't want to skip over any cut scenes, so after I pause it what do I do to make it continue where I left off at?

[quote name='whoknows']Yeah, just hit start. I hear hitting start during a codec call will skip it though, but I haven't tried that yet.[/quote]

Okay, I may start it up then in about 30, need to eat and get some beverages.

Food and drink is good. I usually have those while I game...although, if you drink energy drinks don't overdo it. Once I drank 4 within like...2 hours and I thought I was going to die :lol:

[quote name='whoknows']Food and drink is good. I usually have those while I game...although, if you drink energy drinks don't overdo it. Once I drank 4 within like...2 hours and I thought I was going to die :lol:[/quote]

:lol: I do drink those, but never more then two in a 6hr time frame. My friend did the same thing as you and he was moaning about heart trouble.

I could feel my heart beating all fast and I started to panic :lol:

Also caffeine is bad in general too. My dad bought like 20 of those Frappacino's and yeah...I was drinking them all night and I sort of started hallucinating. It was an interesting night to say the least.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back