TrU: Blue Dragon Xbox 360, $19.99

Blue Dragon is actually $15 if you order it online, as it's one of their "clearance" titles that are 25% off.

If you can find some other stuff to fill the cart, you can combine this with the 10% off orders over $50 from another thread:
JuneBaby1st

Only other good deal I saw was Rogue Galaxy for $25 - 25%off = $18.75.

It is. I promise.
I put in 71 hours, and loved it all.

EDIT: I paid $40, right near release date.
You can take FAR less time than that though.
I left the console on a lot, so I probably cleared in 60 something hours, but you can do 40...

[quote name='Skardee']EB has Blue Dragon for the same price. Not sure if it's worth the money![/quote]

Yeah I'm not sure it's worth it, either. I haven't really played many JRPGs, the only one was Legend of the Dragoon for PSOne wayyy back in the day and it was amazing. I really loved the gameplay, I think I beat it like four times! Can anyone suggest similar RPGs to that, or even Fable? There's another RPG I've spent a boatload of time on, albeit not a JRPG.

Also, if you order online, you can get it for $14.99 as a previous poster mentioned, but with $4.99 shipping, you're back at 19.98. A PM at BB/FS might be a better route. Cheers!

[quote name='Azumangaman']It is. I promise.
I put in 71 hours, and loved it all.

EDIT: I paid $40, right near release date.
You can take FAR less time than that though.
I left the console on a lot, so I probably cleared in 60 something hours, but you can do 40...[/QUOTE]

well your promise has already failed me. I actually bought this game at release for 60$ to try to relive my old final fantasy days.

man what a piece of crap...
- worst character design I've seen in a long time
- combat is boring as hell
- storyline is generic and uninteresting
- art direction was not to my tastes

I managed to get through disk 1 (about 17 hours and 10 achievement points to show for it lol) and by then the only reason why I was still playing it was because I put down 60$ for it, so I stopped and played some games that were fun. if a jrpg has crap story, characters and combat then what's left? not much really.

the two main reviewers that I read are 1up and gamespot which gave the game 6.5 and 6.0 respectively. I ignored the reviews thinking it couldnt be that bad, but that's the last time I'll buy a game for full price after poor reviews.

I've been tempted to get this one when it goes to total bargain bin status. While I'm still tempted I don't think anymore than $15 shipped is what I'd be willing to pay.

Well if you don't love JRPGs, you won't like it. But I figured that was obvious.
As Firestorm says, its a real love/hate game.
It is great though.

[quote name='Azumangaman']Well if you don't love JRPGs, you won't like it. But I figured that was obvious.
As Firestorm says, its a real love/hate game.
It is great though.[/quote]

uh, but I like jrpgs, hence mentioning my enjoyment of final fantasy games

I'm playing it recently again, and I love RPGs and it took me a bit to get in to it. But now that I'm on the second disc I'm quite enjoying it. I think it's definitely worth $20, probably not the $60 I originally paid last August.

[quote name='dave17']uh, but I like jrpgs, hence mentioning my enjoyment of final fantasy games[/quote]
Yeah, your just nuts :p
The game does get better as it goes on though. Did you finish it? THINGS get goooood at disc 3...
I can understand you not enjoying the story or characters, but I LOVED the combat. The ability to be a white mage black mage and monk at the same time was terrific.

[quote name='dave17']well your promise has already failed me. I actually bought this game at release for 60$ to try to relive my old final fantasy days.

man what a piece of crap...
- worst character design I've seen in a long time
- combat is boring as hell
- storyline is generic and uninteresting
- art direction was not to my tastes

[/quote]

imo, combat is one of the strong points.

i am playing this right now at the end of disk 2, and the amount of skill/class customization makes combat very fun. you can pretty much do whatever you want with the characters. plus, no random battles is great.

the combat system was one of it's few saving graces. I've beat ff5 so the class mechanics arent really anything new to me. my only beef with it was that non-boss battles were so easy/monotonous that I just either wound up spamming attack or just ran through levels of bosses. the only problem with running around all the boring monsters is that you'll get screwed when you're not strong enough for the bosses.

gets good at disk three? well disk 1 was boring as hell (baaad pacing) and that was 17 hours, I dont think I'll be putting another 17 into disk 2 to find out lol.

bread's done
Back