Spore?

V4oLDbOY

CAGiversary!
Feedback
93 (100%)
Can someone explain why Spore is getting so much attention. I'm not being sarcastic or insulting the game, I'm just curious about it. I haven't payed any attention to pc gaming, since I have long been past having a pc that can run any current game.

Also, would a intel macbook (with xp) even be able to play the game? If not I have a desktop that I'm sure could.

Why it's getting so much buzz? Well It's made by Will Wright that hooka tokin fool that made Sim City, Sims, and prolly something else. The game is pretty interesting to say the least you start out as a small organism then evolve into larger ones over time (i.e. go from small group to small city, to large city, to civilization, to galactic conquest. So it does sound very different then most other stuff on the market all in one package at least. Also you can create/shape/evolve your creature as you want it with the creature creator same goes for buildings and vehicles. And the little creature creator thing has released or is about to so that gets the buzz going about it like mad. Oh and about the macbook gonna have to say no if it can prolly very low unappealing settings.

[quote name='Sofa King Kool']Macbooks can't play anything.....

....they're Macs...[/QUOTE]

there is actually going to be a mac version of the game

[quote name='n25philly']there is actually going to be a mac version of the game[/quote]

I know. I just never pass up an opportunity to shit on Macs.

I saw this and I though, "hmm... actually, finally comin out with this game eh...?" Then I saw the price was $9.99 (Fry's ad) and though oh, is it THAT bad. lol

[quote name='Sofa King Kool']I know. I just never pass up an opportunity to shit on Macs.[/QUOTE]

In the op I put macbook (with xp). I have a partition for xp, and a partition for mac. I didn't even know a mac version was coming out, I've been out of the pc gaming loop for a while.

I was just asking if the macbook hardware could handle Spore (in xp). All I know is that my macbook has integrated graphics...that sucks right???

I downloaded the trial version of the creature creator, so I'll try that out.

The system requirements for Spore are pretty low for a new game, but it will still look like crap on an integrated graphics card.

Why am I excited about Spore? A virtually unlimited galaxy of player-created content to explore. But based on what people have already created, most creatures will either be goatse or penises.

[quote name='Serik']The system requirements for Spore are pretty low for a new game, but it will still look like crap on an integrated graphics card.

Why am I excited about Spore? A virtually unlimited galaxy of player-created content to explore. But based on what people have already created, most creatures will either be goatse or penises.[/QUOTE]

I've read about the player created stuff, but how does it work? Are people just going to make a creature and set it free in a big world, or do you get your own world? I was confused when I read it.

[quote name='Serik']But based on what people have already created, most creatures will either be goatse or penises.[/quote]

Wow...

20080215.jpg

[quote name='V4oLDbOY']I've read about the player created stuff, but how does it work? Are people just going to make a creature and set it free in a big world, or do you get your own world? I was confused when I read it.[/quote]

You have an entire galaxy to explore, full of planets, stars, nebulae, black holes, etc.

The game uses player-created creatures, buildings, and civilizations to populate the planets you'll encounter. The civilization you control is free to do whatever: explore the cosmos, leave monoliths around, terraform planets, make war or peace...

The Sporepedia contains all the creatures that players have created and uploaded to EA. To gain access to a creature featured in the Sporepedia, you simply save the .png file and drag it into the appropriate folder and the creature will be available in your game (quite amazing when you think about it).

I really think Spore is the game Will Wright always wanted to make but could never do to hardware limitations. It seems to take influence of all of his big franchises (sim city, the sims etc...) all into one game, but add a creation element that is above and beyond any other game out there. Plus the amount of depth in the game is incredible but at the same time the making the idea so simplistic. It just fascinates me that this is a real game.

[quote name='Serik']You have an entire galaxy to explore, full of planets, stars, nebulae, black holes, etc.

The game uses player-created creatures, buildings, and civilizations to populate the planets you'll encounter. The civilization you control is free to do whatever: explore the cosmos, leave monoliths around, terraform planets, make war or peace...

The Sporepedia contains all the creatures that players have created and uploaded to EA. To gain access to a creature featured in the Sporepedia, you simply save the .png file and drag it into the appropriate folder and the creature will be available in your game (quite amazing when you think about it).[/QUOTE]

I beleive that the game is supposed to automatically go out and download other players creations to fill the galaxy

Yeah, sorry about the confusion there: the game will automatically download stuff, but you can also download the .png files from the website if you see something you like.

I downloaded the Creature Creator Trial, but all I got was the instructions in a Readme file and a folder called "data". Inside the folder are two folders, "Config" and "Locale", and three programs called "CSA_Audio.package", "CSA_Graphics.package", and "CSA_Main.package".

So, um, where's the game?

[quote name='Jesus_S_Preston']I downloaded the Creature Creator Trial, but all I got was the instructions in a Readme file and a folder called "data". Inside the folder are two folders, "Config" and "Locale", and three programs called "CSA_Audio.package", "CSA_Graphics.package", and "CSA_Main.package".

So, um, where's the game?[/quote]

There's no folder called "Sporebin" in the same directory as "data"?

Just re-install then, I'm sure something got glitched and it will fix itself.

[quote name='VipFREAK']I saw this and I though, "hmm... actually, finally comin out with this game eh...?" Then I saw the price was $9.99 (Fry's ad) and though oh, is it THAT bad. lol[/quote]
Games not out genius that's just a trial. Yea paying for a trial sucks ass but man its addicting as hell. I love making random stuff I think ill make some random tall thing in honor of cheapy. Maybe something heavy and short for wombat.

yea I got the creature editor.

It wont let me sign into Spore... and it wont let me register... and it says my account is there, it says its activated, but it says incorrect name every time I try to sign in at the spore site.

Anyone else having any problems?

[quote name='DarkNessBear']yea I got the creature editor.

It wont let me sign into Spore... and it wont let me register... and it says my account is there, it says its activated, but it says incorrect name every time I try to sign in at the spore site.

Anyone else having any problems?[/quote]
Try creating a new account or go to you email account that you signed up with and make sure that you activated your account.

[quote name='haloman21']Games not out genius that's just a trial. Yea paying for a trial sucks ass but man its addicting as hell. I love making random stuff I think ill make some random tall thing in honor of cheapy. Maybe something heavy and short for wombat.[/quote]

it's not a Trial you can download the demo for FREE. If you want more (all the creature creation features) you can buy the 9.99 version. So if you want to try it out you don't have to buy anything.

i'm getting pretty interested in Spore after all these talk but I'm still confused....

with the Spore Creature Creator, you can create the Creatures for your Spore world...

when the actual Spore Game comes out, can u create creatures even if u didnt buy the Spore Creature Creator? Do you HAVE to buy the Spore Creature Creator to create creatures for the SPORE game? if you dont buy the Spore Creature Creator, does the actual SPORE game come with a downsized creature creator? or is it gonna be randomly generated creatures?

Because it truly sounds sweet. A game that is about evolution (starting a single cell-all the way to alien super race). Not to mention the meta-concept, the fact as your creature evolves so does the game, and as it becomes more complex. Cell (xbla sorta move and much)---to a conquer other people's planet (RTS/flight exploration).

[quote name='DarkNessBear']I don't get how your creature from the creator can go into spore... it starts off from a tiny organism and you have to find parts...[/quote]

I'm pretty sure you can choose what stage you want to start at, like if you do not want to do the whole pac-man esq organism thing skip it. And didn't they show the creator coming up every time your creature evolved? Perhaps there is a way to load in another one or something.

[quote name='SmokyPreacher']I'm pretty sure you can choose what stage you want to start at, like if you do not want to do the whole pac-man esq organism thing skip it. And didn't they show the creator coming up every time your creature evolved? Perhaps there is a way to load in another one or something.[/quote]

Will Wright said that you can choose what stage you want to play at. That way, you can skip over the segments of the evolutionary process that bore you. His games have always been about freedom for the player.

PS: Will Wright will demo Spore tomorrow night from 7 to 8 at the Apple Store in downtown San Francisco.

Think I can get him to sign my original SimCity 2000 box from 1994? :)

bread's done
Back