MS Live.com Search Cashback program - 25% Cashback @ eBay

fwacce

CAGiversary!
Already on every other board. Should be here as well.

just noticed this while doing a search on live.com for the wii... basically eBay is giving 35% off pretty much anything on their site (only Buy It Now w/ PayPal items) through a Microsoft CashBack program. this is huge... you can get up to $250 back. i just bought a roomba and got $100 off.

here's where i found the 35% off: http://search.live.com/results.aspx?q=nintendo+wii&form=QBRE ... not sure if they have higher % off in other places?

here are the terms and conditions on eBay's site: http://pages.ebay.com/cashbackoffer/terms.html
looks like you can do this up to 3 times.
Would be a great use on a PS3 with some games. You can get up to $750 or so to get the maximum $250 back.

Important Points:

1. Works only on Buy It Now listings.
2. Shipping charge not calculated into the total.
3. You get the cash back 60 days later.
4. Must sign up for a free account with MS Live Cash Back
5. Must make the purchase within 60 minutes of clicking the cash back link.
6. Must pay with Paypal.

Anything else?

This appears to be incredible. You can get 40GB PS3's for ~$266 and Wii for ~$215. The only catch is you have to wait 60 days for the money to show up in the Paypal account.

Edit: People on SD are reportedly getting confirmation emails of their savings within 15 minutes.

Wow that seems like an awesome deal, you could get a 80 gig bundle for about $390 if you bought one that was $600, is that right?

[quote name='Strife025']Wow that seems like an awesome deal, you could get a 80 gig bundle for about $390 if you bought one that was $600, is that right?[/quote]

Yep.

Alright...so i want to get GRID for the 360...how do i do this? I tried searching on the site and it didn't give me the eBay option.

[quote name='jacknicklson']Funny how the ps3 is the most mentioned so far[/quote]

It's the only console I don't have. Considering the Walmart deal, I think it's natural for people to immediately think of this as a way to top that.

screw it, i went in for a MGS4 PS3 Metal Grey Bundle (US Version).

It'll cost me a little over $400 after the rebates.
I made sure to activate my Live Cashback account.
Currently the money hasn't been taken from my account, but there is a 1 dollar hold, and there isn't anything pending yet in my live cashback account. I'm hoping it's just the transaction taking time.

arghh, i hope it works

[quote name='ihzer0']screw it, i went in for a MGS4 PS3 Metal Grey Bundle (US Version).

It'll cost me a little over $400 after the rebates.
I made sure to activate my Live Cashback account.
Currently the money hasn't been taken from my account, but there is a 1 dollar hold, and there isn't anything pending yet in my live cashback account. I'm hoping it's just the transaction taking time.

arghh, i hope it works[/quote]

That's a nice deal right there.

Wait what? A little confusing but I might try this. How long do you have to pay for the item, not purchase it, but pay for it?

Well, i bought GRID for $53.97 shipped, will be getting back $17.49 in 60 days making the total cost of the game $36.48, not bad if you ask me...still waiting for the You've earned cash back message to show up in My Messages :(

*EDIT: i just got the message to claim the cashback, but i can't get the link to work...

While 35% is a decent amount off, too many people are factoring this in to their auctions. I haven't seen a decent price on anything I'd like to buy that has this deal attached.

Plus, can't use it to buy a nice fat chopper...

[quote name='hurley7715']hmm if this is true , im all over a new blackberry curve[/quote]
It's true, just takes 60 days to get the cashback.

How exactly does this work?

You have to have an account and go through live search for the item? Not sure how you find ebay listings using the program...

Just bought a PS3 for about $380. Supposed to be getting about $130 back in 60 days! Still waiting for my message. Thanks OP!

Update! Got the message, but link is not available right now. Must be a ton of people on this!

Has anyone tried this with ebay store items? Or must it be auctions with buy it now?

I have a wavebird and Digital Devil Saga up with BINs that would be stupid cheap at 35% off!

just read all the directions carefully, and make sure you sign up for the live cashback account.

SynGamer:
I got that message in my ebay account too.

[quote name='ihzer0']just read all the directions carefully, and make sure you sign up for the live cashback account.

SynGamer:
I got that message in my ebay account too.[/quote]
I've had a cashback account for a while and have never been able to get to the actual account itself, i can log in, add items to my wishlist and make purchases but i can't get to the account via the link so i e-mailed support.

[quote name='ihzer0']just read all the directions carefully, and make sure you sign up for the live cashback account.

SynGamer:
I got that message in my ebay account too.[/quote]

I guess what im asking is how do you find eligable ebay auctions through http://search.live.com/cashback/ ?

And if you does the paypal account have to be the same email signed up for cashback?

[quote name='qwerty1']I guess what im asking is how do you find eligable ebay auctions through http://search.live.com/cashback/ ?

And if you does the paypal account have to be the same email signed up for cashback?[/quote]
Click the link below;

http://search.live.com/results.aspx?q=nintendo+wii&form=QBRE

Go to the paid portion at the top and click the link that has the image that says live cashback (eBay). From there, search for what you want on eBay, buy it now, and when you click buy it now, the next page should show how much cash back you should be getting.

[quote name='SynGamer']Click the link below;

http://search.live.com/results.aspx?q=nintendo+wii&form=QBRE

Go to the paid portion at the top and click the link that has the image that says live cashback (eBay). From there, search for what you want on eBay, buy it now, and when you click buy it now, the next page should show how much cash back you should be getting.[/quote]

Yep just figured it out, thanks for the clarification though. Now i get to kick myself in the ass for not finding out about this a few days ago when i purchased something for $600 ):.

I wonder if PayPal will deduct their regular percentage/fee when Microsoft sends the cashback payment to your PayPal account...

So what has everyone bought so far? I really don't need or want anything right now (that i can afford) but i did get GRID for the 360 for $36.48 once i get my cashback. Not bad for brand new.

I think you're limited to three items so i want to make them big purchases. Problem is I have nothing to buy.

Maybe some hybrid clubs but I havent really been following pricing on those.

Damn,

Wasted my first one on a Nocturne Soundtrack. Ah well, not bad for $11 shipped. So when you hit BIN to check the cashback, does it commit to buy like normal BIN?

Okay, I just bought a Metal Gear Solid 4 80GB bundle off eBay... Assuming I don't have a bad seller and the cashback goes through, this deal is awesome. This site is horrible for my wallet. Thanks OP for sharing!

This is a pretty good deal. I think maybe it warrants being moved back to the Video Games Deal forum.

bread's done
Back