Firefox 3 Out Today! Yes! No More Ram Munching!

[quote name='magiic']when does the download go live?[/quote]

According to Wikipedia, it should be available for download at 5:00pm GMT (or 10am PST/1pm EST).

I am getting up at 12 Eastern for this. Firefox's website is going to get swamped tomorrow, hope they got enough bandwidth to support it and to let me download it since I did pledge I would do so :lol:.

Haven't tried Firefox 3 beta, want to save all the surprises for when it comes out. I just hope my Mario 3 skin works for it.

lol yeah I was about to correct you but you just edited your post lol. man I was hoping it would've just launched at 12:01 PST but oh well lol.

Oh, it's not released yet... good thing I only stood their like a moron starring at the screen for 5 min. waiting for the d/l screen to pop-up. xD

What are they giving me to help them with this record. I haven't tried the firefox 3 beta, but based on firefox 2 I would say they should spend more time programming and less time with gimmicks like this. Besides I am too busy trying the amazing new release of opera. It's soo good I'm not going to try firefox 3 for at least a week.

[quote name='n25philly']What are they giving me to help them with this record.[/QUOTE]
Delicious gummi cocks.
gummi_lighthouses.jpg

[quote name='dothog']Delicious gummi cocks.
gummi_lighthouses.jpg
[/quote]
haha dude I saw those on thamike.com. fucking love the awful show best podcast ever!!! Wonk.

I'll wait a few days, thanks. I downloaded it with Ubuntu last month and I don't know which one was causing problems for the other, but they were both screwy as hell.

Im gonna try it. FireFox 2 was AWFUL on my pc :(

IE7 is pretty good for me. So this is actually working FASTER than IE7?!

[quote name='lilboo']Im gonna try it. FireFox 2 was AWFUL on my pc :(

IE7 is pretty good for me. So this is actually working FASTER than IE7?![/QUOTE]

it's been rated fastest browser out of all that are currently out.

i've never had a major issue with Firefox, except a few PDF in window lock ups...but other than that, it works nicely.

[quote name='ITDEFX']i've never had a major issue with Firefox, except a few PDF in window lock ups...but other than that, it works nicely.[/QUOTE]

same here... I cringe when I have to open PDFs.

The fastest way to open PDF files is to download them and use Sumatra PDF Reader. That program takes all of 1.1 MB to install. Doesn't do much besides read PDF at light speed.

FF3 is great so far. I like how plugins can be searched from within the browser itself.

I love Firefox. I've been using 3 since the early beta's, it's been a very good experience.

Fast. Stable. Looks great. Fast. Fast. Fast. And a smaller footprint to boot.

With regards to PDF's: I use PDF download for Firefox so it will ask me what I want to do with a PDF before it destroys everything.

I use FoxIt reader which is a very low memory, fast reader.

That combination has been MUCH better than Adobe Acrobat for reading PDF's.

[quote name='darthbudge']Does anybody know of a theme for FF3 that looks just like FF2's default theme? I just don't like this new GUI as much.[/quote]

I am also looking for one, surely one will be released very soon considering all the buzz around it's release. If you do find one please post it, it does look nice how it is but I would rather have my classic FF2 theme.

[quote name='Strell']Is there an alternative to Adblock Plus yet for FF3? I needs one.[/quote]

Adblock Plus works just fine for me in FF3.

Hmmm. It did install.

Earlier today it refused to, citing that it wasn't compatible.

Guess they fixed it in the 6 hours or so since the last time I tried.

I installed FF3 on my work machine today and was pleased with how much quicker everything seemed. Also, I don't know if it's the smaller memory footprint or just the placebo effect, but all my other apps felt a lot more responsive as well.

Going to upgrade my home machines now... looking forward to seeing how the OS X theme compares.

just got it now, and it took forever to download, but all in all, i think it's a touch faster 9even though fasterfox doesn't work on it0.

Been in the beta for a while now. Glad to see it's out and people are enjoying it. I love Firefox.

(The beta for IE 8, on the other hand... :puke: )

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']since when did IE do anything right other than ripping off its competition?[/quote]

Well, IE 7 at least worked in its beta phase. Shit is so broken now; I can't even check Hotmail.

And I only keep IE around for Microsoft Updates.

(Though, if you are talking about ripping off tabs...Mozilla wasn't first with those either.)

[quote name='Strell']Hmmm. It did install.

Earlier today it refused to, citing that it wasn't compatible.

Guess they fixed it in the 6 hours or so since the last time I tried.[/QUOTE]

Nope; I've been using it for ages.

I've been using FF3 on and off (due to some flash issues) since the 2nd beta release; welcome, everyone!

bread's done
Back