One small tip

turgore2008

CAGiversary!
I learned in my marketing class that if there are two prices on an item the business must sell it to you using the lower one. This includes mistakes made by employees like putting the wrong sticker on a game.
I knew a person that once saw 2 prices on a game , while the larger price was applicable the store had to sell it at the smaller one.
This is just a tip that works with just about everything.

Scanning code of ethics.
Only pertains to participating companies.
Having run a business personally, I can tell you this:
Businesses are never *obligated* to sell anything, to anyone.
So for everyone here complaining that a store refused to sell, return, or price match something, they are completely within their rights to do so.

I had a customer who tried (pooly) to scam my store by trying this method.
He was removing the price stickers and putting it on another product and telling me what you just said. I didn't buy it. Thing is, he did this *multiple* times within the same visit. And the WORST thing is, he was LICKING the stickers to try to get them to come off cleaner.

I got BWii for 9.95 instead of 40 something $'s because they didn't cover up the red sticker with the higher price.
I just asked "Is this still on sale" and the guy said "No, but I'm gonna sell it to you at that price since it's ticketed that way".
One of my favorite people of the week, he was.

Yeah Canadian [Competition Act?] says you have to sell something at the lower of two ticketed prices. Otherwise it's called 'double ticketing' which is unfair and thus illegal. However, a lot of places will give you a hard time about it, and it's not worth arguing over. It's tough to prove and tougher to get a lot of employees to believe you... and usually you just look like a cheap, annoying brat when you hold up a store's line to save yourself 20 bucks.

Of course, it IS 20 dollars...

[quote name='Liquidd']I got BWii for 9.95 instead of 40 something $'s because they didn't cover up the red sticker with the higher price.
I just asked "Is this still on sale" and the guy said "No, but I'm gonna sell it to you at that price since it's ticketed that way".
One of my favorite people of the week, he was.[/quote]

lol exactly ...if they don't cover it properly :booty:

bread's done
Back