Zellers-50% OFF all games under $20

I actually just got the flyer, and it says all value games $19.99 are now $9.99, ie: 50% off. I might have a look, just to see what there is, but I doubt I'll buy anything.

well time for me to pick up counterforce for the Wii. I read somewhere that it was basically a pretty hardcore, over the shoulder SHMUP.

[quote name='jeffx']well time for me to pick up counterforce for the Wii. I read somewhere that it was basically a pretty hardcore, over the shoulder SHMUP.[/QUOTE]
It's not a bad game at all. It lacks polish, but it's fun and has a nice difficulty curve. I paid $20 and didn't regret it. Definitely worth $10.

Some really good $10 wii games:

Puzzle Quest
Harvey Birdman
POP Rivals
GHOST SQUAD

DS BRAIN GAMES>>..

this is an amazing deal!!!!

Well the flyer specifically said 'Value Games' which are usually those ones with the big blue $19.99 stickers. I'm not sure if those games count as any of those ones or not. I'd be interested in the DS brain games if they do qualify :).

This might finally be the kick-in-the-ass I need to finally go and get Harvey Birdman (hopefully it applies to this deal).

Just a heads up, I called Zellers earlier this morning and this offer only applies to PS2 and original XBOX games. Sad, but true.

Not true. I just picked up Condemned for the 360 for $9.99 from Zellers at Metrotown. As far as it looked, it's any games with the blue $19.99 sticker, and if you're not sure, the back of the games that qualify have a 'Z value' barcode on them. You can always bring up the games and have them scan them. So at least Xbox 360 games should also qualify, if not others like Wii or psp (Metrotown also had the signs over the big set of shelves that had only Wii games).

Got Mega Man ZX Advent (DS), Counter Force (Wii) and Super Monkey Ball Banana Blitz (Wii) for 10$ each. Thanks for the heads up OP!

[quote name='jeffx']what the hell? my zellers wouldn't let me get 50% on titles other than PS2 and XBOX[/quote]
Doesnt matter, take em and they scan up at the SALE price, and laugh in their face.....

Checked out Chinook Zellers in Calgary.

Nothing much except Link' s Crossbow Training with gun was on for 19.99

At Oakridge:

Wii
Prince of Persia
Counter Force
Meet the Robinsons

Condemned
Hour of Victory
Table Tennis

PS3
Full Auto 2
All Pro Football 2K8

DS:
Megaman ZX
Super Monkey Ball

My haul, in case anyone is interested! This is at the Centrepoint location in Toronto:

Brothers in Arms: Road to Hill 30 (Xbox)
Brohers in Arms: Earned in Blood (Xbox)
Hot Shots Golf: Open Tee (PSP) (Paid $12.49 for this, guy gave me a deal!)
FarCry Instincts: Predator ($9.99)
Perfect Dark: Zero (Xbox 360)
Sly 2 (PS2)
Sly 3 (PS2)
Prince of Persia: The Two Thrones (PS2)

I seriously have to check this out. Viewtiful Joe for 10 bucks sounds good. I see people mentioning Mega Man ZX, but anyone know if Zellers marked down Mega Man Star Force?

[quote name='TronB']I seriously have to check this out. Viewtiful Joe for 10 bucks sounds good. I see people mentioning Mega Man ZX, but anyone know if Zellers marked down Mega Man Star Force?[/QUOTE]

yeah I saw some. personally I just got ZX and counter force, my zellers has terrible selection.

[quote name='Jaguar604']Anyone know if both God of wars has been marked down?[/quote]

At my local Zellers GoW2 was marked as $29.99, and when scanned it did not show a sale price.

[quote name='rmatheso']Nothing much except Link' s Crossbow Training with gun was on for 19.99[/quote]

Oh, nice. If that qualifies for half off, I'd finally have a reason to pick it up.

My haul (nothing not mentioned already):
Condemned (with crappy Platinum Hits label, the 360 platinum hits is so much more annoying then the original XBOX platinum hits)
Harvey Birdman - Wii (never watched the TV show but always heard great things and I love Phoenix Wright)
Ghost Squad - Wii (brother got me the Zapper for Christmas but I've barely used it since the only game I had for it was Crossbow Training)

[quote name='ikariwarriors']Oh, nice. If that qualifies for half off, I'd finally have a reason to pick it up.[/QUOTE]

it doesn't, I tried.

[quote name='TronB']I seriously have to check this out. Viewtiful Joe for 10 bucks sounds good. I see people mentioning Mega Man ZX, but anyone know if Zellers marked down Mega Man Star Force?[/quote]

Check BBV; they've had StarForce for 8.99 for a while now, tho you're more likely going to find Leo (charge fire) instead of Pegasus (charge Ice). Dragon (charge Wood) is EB/Gamestop only obviously.

[quote name='The Baron']I found Zak and Wiki at Deervalley location in Calgary. Not much else worth picking up though.[/quote]

Zack and Wiki qualfies? I have been meaning to get this for a while... I have to check this out.

[quote name='maigoyume']if you want dragon you can always get it off play-asia

http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-hk-49-en-70-24jk.html[/quote]
Damn, that must be a recent doing cause I don't remember it being that price before. But yes good point, if you want green, for whatever reason, grab that.

Also, for those who got ZX, ZX Advent is a much better game, but only marginally, well at least it is 6 dollars better than ZX. :p

[quote name='poiuiu']Check BBV; they've had StarForce for 8.99 for a while now, tho you're more likely going to find Leo (charge fire) instead of Pegasus (charge Ice). Dragon (charge Wood) is EB/Gamestop only obviously.[/quote]

I'm actually hoping to find Leo. I already have Pegasus and my brother has Dragon, so I want Leo (I kinda have an obsession with Mega Man >_>). Is it $8.99 for a new or used copy at BBV? I've honestly never shopped there before but I don't want a used copy. Eh...I always thought you needed a membership to shop there, however I think I may be thinking of Cosco xD

[quote name='TronB']I'm actually hoping to find Leo. I already have Pegasus and my brother has Dragon, so I want Leo (I kinda have an obsession with Mega Man >_>). Is it $8.99 for a new or used copy at BBV? I've honestly never shopped there before but I don't want a used copy. Eh...I always thought you needed a membership to shop there, however I think I may be thinking of Cosco xD[/quote]

You can buy at BBV/GameRush/whatever they're called until the cows come home without a membership. What you do need a membership for is to rent and trade-in.

8.99 is for a new copy; it's part of that old 7.99 PS2 game thing running tho it seems like the DS games that dropped stayed that way whereas the PS2 games returned to regular price.

And whaddya know, I'm obsessed with MM as well; too bad just about every game released bearing his name for current systems has been a few points short of utter failure. "/

And good luck.

[quote name='Lone_Prodigy']Can anyone post a receipt of Ghost Squad and Zack & Wiki? Thinking about trying a PM.[/quote]

wont work, it says ZELLERS VALUE GAME- its the only SKU that scans up on sale....

[quote name='poiuiu']You can buy at BBV/Game Freaks/whatever they're called until the cows come home without a membership. What you do need a membership for is to rent and trade-in.

8.99 is for a new copy; it's part of that old 7.99 PS2 game thing running tho it seems like the DS games that dropped stayed that way whereas the PS2 games returned to regular price.[/quote]

Great, thanks for the info! I'm sure there are 2 BBVs around my area, I'll check them out today. If I can't find it there I will have to rely on Zellers.

As much as people are hating on the new Mega Man games, I like them. But I like every single Mega Man series (Legends = all time favourite), so maybe I'm just weird like that. Or a little too obsessed.

bread's done
Back