Playasia Is now Selling Reprints of SMT Digital Devil Saga 1 for US $44.90

Aww no way why did you have to go and tell me of something of proportions this awesome. Here I am trying to be conservative about my gaming budget and WHAM! A slap like this to the face.

I saw this yesterday on p-a on a whim and didn't think much of it since I have my own copy of the the original CE.

But for those who missed out last time, grab it while you can and grab DDS2 from EB for $44.99.

Edit: Also this is technically a preorder; won't be out for a couple of weeks.

I see that amazon.com has SMT: Nocturne still available as well for $39.99. Amazon.ca doesn't have it. Will amazon.com ship video games to Canada?

For extra-less reprints these are kinda steep... I don't care too much cause I bought the originals, but I'd sorta like to buy the reprints too :bouncy:

[quote name='Whifflebat']I see that amazon.com has SMT: Nocturne still available as well for $39.99. Amazon.ca doesn't have it. Will amazon.com ship video games to Canada?[/quote]
Nope they won't ship that, scroll down to the product details. It says for every game if they will or won't ship out of the US. Just order it from Play-Asia (if they still have them) or Goomba ;)

[quote name='Whifflebat']I see that amazon.com has SMT: Nocturne still available as well for $39.99. Amazon.ca doesn't have it. Will amazon.com ship video games to Canada?[/QUOTE]

I saw that too. I'll probably get SMT: Nocturne from Amazon.com if I can. I usually buy my TV on DVD from Amazon.com since the items get shipped from Toronto (I think... I forget exactly...), so I'm hoping it's the same for video games. I'm gonna hold off on buying it until I can find more info. I never cross-checked the TV DVDs on both websites though, so hopefully there won't be any difficulties if Amazon.ca doesn't have the game in stock.

Amazon.com won't ship games to Canada, and even if they did the shipping increase would probably kill the savings on this vs. Playasia. If you're still looking for Nocturne you should probably either have Goomba pick it up for you (you probably won't save anything there in this case) or just grab it from Playasia. You might even get a break on shipping if you pick it up with DDS. I've never bought multiple items from them in a single order, but it might be worth looking into.

amazon.ca sucks, they barely have any goodies that the amazon.com site has and some of the prices are ridiculous. I might be calling Goomba for this since play-asia is taking their sweet time preparing my order that was due 2 months ago.

Woo hoo. Thanks Magiic for the plug :) I've heard great things about this game! Maybe I can get a group order in this time. It's possible that other places (like Amazon.com) may get them in stock ... last time I bought Nocturne for the same price only to see that Amazon had it a week later for $5 less. Time will tell.

For those of you interested though, I get free shipping from Amazon.com and shipping for most games to Canada is like $3 or so. I can definitely hook you up :)

Last time this happened Amazon got a reprint of Nocturne. I regret spending the money considering I could have saved a good $10 and got some extra Amazon points through my credit card. Considering the current relationship with Amazon and Atlus... I would hold off.

Okay, who actually didn't see this coming? Atlus is a whore- it only puts out after you show them you're willing to pay.

[quote name='djkunai']Okay, who actually didn't see this coming? Atlus is a whore- it only puts out after you show them you're willing to pay.[/QUOTE]

it would be emasculating to have it the other way around.

Games are not suppose to vote, drive, or have jobs. So yea, ill pay

Gamestop has had this reprint "newsed" online for like two months now at 39.99 + Edge + online coupons. Only thing missing is the shrink wrap. Oh and they ship slowly.

[quote name='MegaKungFuRadio']Gamestop has had this reprint "newsed" online for like two months now at 39.99 + Edge + online coupons. Only thing missing is the shrink wrap. Oh and they ship slowly.[/quote]
They also slashed the case + cover artwork for some fans as some sort of a bonus.

[quote name='Monsta Mack']Last time this happened Amazon got a reprint of Nocturne. I regret spending the money considering I could have saved a good $10 and got some extra Amazon points through my credit card. Considering the current relationship with Amazon and Atlus... I would hold off.[/quote]

Yea I bought Nocturne through Play asia last time and then like 2 weeks later Amazon picked it up. I won't be fooled again Play Asia!

I rather have the Limited Edition box over some reprint (which will be on Amazon very soon). I know someone here has one - new, sealed, free of physical defects etc. If you do & want to sell, just send me a PM :)

[quote name='eau']They also slashed the case + cover artwork for some fans as some sort of a bonus.[/quote]

Some, not all, mine was fine. I think I remember seeing one or two posts where the case looked crushed which may have to do with Gamestop shipping in bubble mailers with media mail. I was mostly pointing out that if you really wanted the game, you could have gotten it for at least two months for 15-20 less than Playasia (I don't know what they charge for shipping) with the right coupon combination. You can also find a store that has it in stock and checkout the case yourself. If you must have a pristine copy, Playasia's another option. If this follows Nocturne's pattern, Amazon will have it soon as well (sorry Canada).

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?p=4286338#post4286338

Pictures of the mangled case.

[quote name='poiuiu']
But for those who missed out last time, grab it while you can and grab DDS2 from EB for $44.99.
[/QUOTE]

I thought the second one was a lot cheaper i.e less than $30.. Time for me to continue my search for the DDS box and DDS2..

Edit: Plus you can still get it at Gamestop (used possibility without the case etc) for $39.99

im going to have to wait and see if this drops down to the $30 mark, hopefully at amazon, or a used copy at GS for ~$20

this is the last part of the smt portion of my ps2 collection.
i already have
DDS2 (gamestop) about $15 used (not complete)
nocturne (amazon reprint) $25
persona 3 (amazon/atlus coupon) $20
devil summoner (amazon) $25 i think

[quote name='hero101']Can't buy it. Expenses are too high. Poor me.[/QUOTE]

That is by far one of the smartest things I've seen on CAG.

Props to you friend.

bread's done
Back