Universe at War: Earth Assault (Xbox 360) $26, (PC) $10 at Amazon

No, it's a very good deal, at least discount percentage-wise.

It's also only $10.19 for the PC version over at Amazon, too. Given that I just got a laptop with Vista, I had to go with that instead. But thanks for the heads-up.

Here's the link:

http://www.amazon.com/Universe-At-W..._1?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1213995025&sr=8-1

P.S. I guess they patched in cross-platform play, so Live Gold members can play on either. Not sure if the PC version has Achievements (but I would imagine it does).

I'm not too interested, but I hope someone comes out with a quality real time strategy came on a console. I tried the demo and it didn't feel right.

[quote name='jollydwarf']It's also only $10.19 for the PC version over at Amazon, too. [/quote]

Nice find!! It's Games for Windows Live which means achievements. :D

Just put in an order and the price is down to $9.97. (I've got Amazon Prime)

[quote name='V4oLDbOY']I'm not too interested, but I hope someone comes out with a quality real time strategy came on a console. I tried the demo and it didn't feel right.[/quote]

World in Conflict is supposed to be great and coming to consoles in August I think.

Quality game for Windows at $10. Might pick up a 2nd copy. EDIT: Gone currently from Amazon, have to get from a 3rd party.

[quote name='V4oLDbOY']I'm not too interested, but I hope someone comes out with a quality real time strategy came on a console. I tried the demo and it didn't feel right.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I just tried the demo last night (mostly just to see how it could play). I thought they did a better job than EA's RTSs did, but it's still way too confusing to play IMO, still hard to control, and interface elements are too small. The PC version is definitely the way to go...and I would pick it up except apparently there's no real single player game, which is all I care about.

[quote name='V4oLDbOY']I'm not too interested, but I hope someone comes out with a quality real time strategy came on a console. I tried the demo and it didn't feel right.[/QUOTE]
I really like Command and Conquer 3 on the 360. Played it for a few hours last night.

Personally I couldn't stand it. Couldn't even make it through the demo. I don't think traditional RTS is possible on a console. The only one I've played that works is Pikmin, because it's actually designed for the capabilities of the interface. But it's different enough from traditional RTS that a lot of people probably don't even realize that's what it is.

[quote name='jgamezcua']Ummm, I'm not sure what you mean. Both the PC and 360 are showing up in stock direct from Amazon for me.

PC $7.49
http://www.amazon.com/Universe-At-W..._1?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1214270574&sr=1-1

Xbox 360 $21.84
http://www.amazon.com/Universe-at-W..._2?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1214270574&sr=1-2[/quote]

Well then you caught it at the right time or your browser was caching something. I checked it again, and just like before, it was $29.99 from Amazon. This is standard for Amazon and no surprise. The price fluctuates on items like this. It doesn't usually go back down after it goes up that much though.

Its back to 9.97 for the PC version, from a 3rd party, but "fulfillment by Amazon" including free super saver shipping eligible. Great padding for Mario Party DS currently in the Gold box.

[quote name='gkrykewy']18.34 for the 360 version now. Just bought it.[/quote]

It's tempting at that price. Haven't heard much about it. Wonder if it is worth that price.

[quote name='thebob101']It's tempting at that price. Haven't heard much about it. Wonder if it is worth that price.[/quote]

Just picked up a second copy at 18.34 for my bro. My first order just shipped so not sure how it plays but from the reviews I read, the PC version is the better of the two due to controls/graphics. No surprise there on RTS, but at this price we couldn't pass up since we both are more console gamers as opposed to PC.

[quote name='turls']Well then you caught it at the right time or your browser was caching something. I checked it again, and just like before, it was $29.99 from Amazon. This is standard for Amazon and no surprise. The price fluctuates on items like this. It doesn't usually go back down after it goes up that much though.[/quote]

Yeah, i hear ya on the price fluctuations on Amazon. I'm pretty sure it's not caching though, especially since it's dropped further. :)

Hopefully others can get in on this too, since it seems like a decent price for being relatively new still.

[quote name='jgamezcua']Yeah, i hear ya on the price fluctuations on Amazon. I'm pretty sure it's not caching though, especially since it's dropped further. :)

Hopefully others can get in on this too, since it seems like a decent price for being relatively new still.[/quote]

Its from a 3rd party now. I never saw it from Amazon at the sub $10 price point, I was late to this thread and I checked before and after the post that said it still was. And both times I checked it was the same $29.99 price.

It hasn't dropped further on the PC, only the 360.

Still $10.xx and eligible for free super saver shipping at Amazon for the PC version. I think the value of this greatly increased with Games for Windows LIVE becoming free a couple days ago. My son thinks there are more people playing now and he's actually had Live games vs. other computer players since that became free.

BTW earlier in the thread I hadn't caught it cheap but did later so I have 2 copies now so I can play LAN or Live. This fulfillment by Amazon thing seems pretty cool. It was from a 3rd party, but it came boxed with an actual Amazon item, and was free shipping if I got over $25. I hope this becomes standard on 3rd party when Amazon runs out at the cheap price, which they often do.

Last edited by a moderator:
anyone know if the PC version has wonky copy protection? like stardock or other evil cp? i hate PC games for that reason... but willing to check this game out for the price, if it doesn't have bad cp...

I think you mean starforce, not stardock the company that makes games without any CP. Too funny.

And on that note, I'm not sure if I'm missing something or you have just been out of PC gaming for a while, but starforce was the last one I know of that was a big issue, and its been pretty dead for a while.

There is a special code included that you have to put in to play Live, but that's standard.

Starforce yeah... that's it. ;) it's been a long time since I played any games on PC... Diablo II maybe the last game I played on a PC!

this is an old thread I resurrected. I don't know what the 360 price is, but the PC price is still 10.xx and except for a few times I checked (see above) its been at that level and still is.

[quote name='UjnHunter']anyone know if the PC version has wonky copy protection? like stardock or other evil cp? i hate PC games for that reason... but willing to check this game out for the price, if it doesn't have bad cp...[/QUOTE]

I have Gears of War PC and, while the copy protection seems lax, the Games for Windows Live stuff seems to make backing up your save games impossible.

bread's done
Back