My Xbox 360 Dead Should I Sell It And Never Return

S

starmask2k3

well i have to send it in to get fix because the cd tray well not open i was playing superman return and i got the unplayed disc error so i was going to clean the cd but when i tryed to open the cd tray it would not open

[quote name='chubbyninja1319']I love the 360, to abandon would be blasphemous![/QUOTE]

it dead's too much its like a 4 year made it

wait a minute...your completely giving up on the 360 because your dvd drive conked out?!?!?

how long have you had it? have you ever red my RRoD FAQ (filled with not just RRoD info)?

I dunno, but if you sell it your going to regret it later on.

[quote name='ITDEFX']wait a minute...your completely giving up on the 360 because your dvd drive conked out?!?!?

how long have you had it? have you ever red my RRoD FAQ (filled with not just RRoD info)?

I dunno, but if you sell it your going to regret it later on.[/QUOTE]

i regret it now and i didnt sell it yet i was waiting to play alone in the dark now i got to wait too and also my XBL is ending in july
and ps i think i should get a japanese one so i dont have to wait

Well...

My sixth 360 broke a month ago. It had a single flashing red light, and they were going to charge me $99.99 to fix it (as I'm sure most of you know, the three year warranty only covers three flashing red lights), but I made a big deal about it and they took it back for free.

So I got a refurbished 360 in the mail last Thursday, and the disc drive won't open via the button on the front of the console (if you need help opening the tray manually, I'm a pro at that OP). So I'm in the process of mailing 360 #7 back to Texas to get #8.

And while I'll never buy anything from Microsoft ever again, it's still hard for me to get rid of the 360 now that I have it.

I voted "HELL YEAH" because you don't use any punctuation, and I don't want you to have any fun because of that.

[quote name='Lieutenant Dan']Well...

My sixth 360 broke a month ago. It had a single flashing red light, and they were going to charge me $99.99 to fix it (as I'm sure most of you know, the three year warranty only covers three flashing red lights), but I made a big deal about it and they took it back for free.

So I got a refurbished 360 in the mail last Thursday, and the disc drive won't open via the button on the front of the console (if you need help opening the tray manually, I'm a pro at that OP). So I'm in the process of mailing 360 #7 back to Texas to get #8.

And while I'll never buy anything from Microsoft ever again, it's still hard for me to get rid of the 360 now that I have it.[/quote]

number 8? Ouch. In the RRoD FAQ thread, someone posted he ended up getting a NEW Elite after he had 7 non-hdmi units die on him and went thru the entire process so many times. Who knows, you might be getting a brand new Elite model with some free stuff. Now when you said you talked your way out of it (the 100 dollar repair fee)were you making demands or were polite about it?

Hell no. It sucks the thing is so shoddy, but it's software lineup and X-box live make it a system I couldn't do without this gen.

The Wii wasn't my cup of tea so I got rid of it, and there's still not really any must plays on the PS3 for me--just a good number of games I wouldn't mind playing, but nothing to make me want to drop $400 on the system. Especially since I can't find time to play all the 360 games that interest me.

[quote name='Malik112099']When you need to get your car repaired with or without a warranty do you just get rid of it and buy a different one? Silly people...[/QUOTE]

$300 console < $20000 car. ;)

Silly people.

[quote name='starmask2k3']it dead's too much its like a 4 year made it[/quote]

Christ, stop playing video games and pick up a book on the English language.

[quote name='youbastards']Christ, stop playing video games and pick up a book on the English language.[/QUOTE]

if u dont know him dont use is name

[quote name='ITDEFX']number 8? Ouch. In the RRoD FAQ thread, someone posted he ended up getting a NEW Elite after he had 7 non-hdmi units die on him and went thru the entire process so many times. Who knows, you might be getting a brand new Elite model with some free stuff. Now when you said you talked your way out of it (the 100 dollar repair fee)were you making demands or were polite about it?[/quote]
About the $100 fee, I explained to the people my situation and talked to a supervisor. I wasn't a jerk about it, but I was obviously not happy about the whole thing. In my experience with customer service people, you catch more flies with honey than you do with... molasses? I don't remember the rest of that saying. :)

[quote name='Mechafenris']$300 console < $20000 car. ;)

Silly people.[/quote]

Oh yeah... I suppose that would be true in the sense of M$ ($300 console) < GM ($20000) even though the car would be SLIGHTLY less worthless...

[quote name='youbastards']Christ, stop playing video games and pick up a book on the English language.[/quote]

lol saw, that... had to read his post a bunch of times and gave up.

[quote name='Lieutenant Dan']Well...

And while I'll never buy anything from Microsoft ever again, it's still hard for me to get rid of the 360 now that I have it.[/quote]

6!? geez... Well, I'm sorta in the same boat minus going though 5 consoles. xD

Only reason I'd stick around with a 360 is because I have 2 yrs. left on XBL and my friend just got a 360.

If you get the RROD do they charge you still?

My problem is ok, I send mine in but that doesn't mean I'll get a shittyer one back...

Either way I don't really care about the 360 anymore. My Ps3 has been pretty 1337 with MGS4 and all.

[quote name='lmz00']Sell it, and never return (that includes this forum). You're welcome.[/QUOTE]

say that to my face p daddy. what u in love with him ?

[quote name='starmask2k3']say that to my face p daddy. what u in love with him ?[/quote]

Surely you can't be serious. :lol:

bread's done
Back