SimCity Creator! - EA/Maxis and Hudson Soft - September 22!!

4tygames

CAGiversary!
Feedback
9 (100%)
The new SimCity Creator will be released on September 22.

It features the ability to free draw roads (CURVED ROADWAYS!)

It looks pretty sweet except for one part:

For the most part the game has a clean, cartoonish look. Destroying buildings looks a little ghetto, though. The structures simply disappear without any animation. Representatives for the game assured us it's about all the Wii can handle.
simcity-creator-20080623043119835_640w.jpg

simcity-creator-20080623043100539_640w.jpg

http://wii.ign.com/articles/883/883473p1.html

I'm actually looking forward to this game.
Hopefully they make it somewhat simple like the first two Sim City games and they are able to maintain a smooth framerate.

It looks good, but I don't know if I can get excited about Sim City without a mouse any more. I thought for sure the DS version would be a perfect fit for that system, and it was so awkward that I don't think I played more than twice.

I am as much of a SimCity fan as anyone else, but I shall remain incredibly cautious due to the fact that some of the more recent iterations of SimCity have been disastrous, especially since EA has been sending development elsewhere to other studios.

It looks to be between 3000 & 4 graphics wise, which could be a good thing. Although, I'm kind of with mephitical in which I feel that SimCity performs best when it is a PC game.

If they don't screw up the SimCity formula too much, I may look into getting it. Certainly worth keeping an eye on in any case...

[quote name='BlueLobstah']I am as much of a SimCity fan as anyone else, but I shall remain incredibly cautious due to the fact that some of the more recent iterations of SimCity have been disastrous, especially since EA has been sending development elsewhere to other studios.
[/quote]
I keep hoping for a modern "update" to the original or maybe 2000. I preferred them when they were a little simpler.

I think it would be a good idea to have both a classic like mode and a more modern ruleset to this game. I would like to try both since I never played a Sim City besides the original. Either way I probably won't be buying this until it drops because Spore comes out on the 1st :D.

[quote name='lilboo']This.[/quote]
Are you just trying to increase your post count or are you really confused by the fact that I used a pronoun instead of typing out the name of the game that is listed in the thread title?

[quote name='casuchanek']Are you just trying to increase your post count or are you really confused by the fact that I used a pronoun instead of typing out the name of the game that is listed in the thread title?[/quote]He was agreeing with you that he wanted the question answered...

:lol:

Yes, I agree. I would like to know if anyone has played this. I am slightly interested, but not $40 interested..(or is it $50?)

[quote name='daroga']He was agreeing with you that he wanted the question answered...[/quote]
OK. Sorry for overreacting I've never seen that particular bit of shorthand before. Most of the boards I read and post on don't allow posts that are less than a complete sentence.

Ah, crap. I totally forget about this game... though judging by the reviews that doesn't seem to be such a bad thing.

Bah, yet another thing with great potential that ends up mediocre at best.

bread's done
Back